Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

gizmo81 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/naul/co-dublin-naul-dublin-1750960/

No ventilation for the extraction of fumes when cooking

The shed comes with 5 pairs of these, if you read it correctly.

https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-man-wearing-respirator-image25199342

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BandMember

gizmo81 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/naul/co-dublin-naul-dublin-1750960/

No ventilation for the extraction of fumes when cooking

A grand a month to live in a garden shed in The Naul??? Is this really what Dublin 2017 is like?? :mad:

I really hope that people are reporting all of these illegal rental premises!!

Just goes to show how "impartial" Daft are and how they are screwing the property market in their own way....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

... and here we have the music room with the piano and "oh holy shít its a harp".

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/douglas/18-ballincurrig-park-douglas-cork-1463553/#img=3

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

BandMember wrote: »
    A grand a month to live in a garden shed in The Naul??? Is this really what Dublin 2017 is like?? :mad:

I really hope that people are reporting all of these illegal rental premises!!

Just goes to show how "impartial" Daft are and how they are screwing the property market in their own way....

You could bring your horse inside in the winter to snuggle up to to keep warm..no BER rating hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

You could bring your horse inside in the winter to snuggle up to to keep warm..no BER rating hmmm

Might as wel bring that horse in now. 9 ****ing degrees on june 30th.

• Advertisement

Why should bedsits be banned? They are perfectly suitable for some people. Especially people who don't have much money, and don't want to waste what little they have on more accommodation than they need in order to make middle class luvvies feel better about how everyone lives.

Back in 2006 when I was paying 800 a month to share a 3 bedroom house in town, my friend had a bedsit all to himself paying 350 a month about a 5 minute walk away. I was super envious of his bedsit. No it wasn't luxury living, and the bathroom was on a different floor, outside of the bedsit its self, but it suited his needs perfectly and would have suited mine, and saved me me 450 a month.

Does no-one involved in trying to fix the homelessness crisis not see a correlation between the banning of bedsits in 2013 and the homelessness crisis reaching critical levels in 2014/2015?

razorblunt wrote: »
    ... and here we have the music room with the piano and "oh holy shít its a harp".

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/douglas/18-ballincurrig-park-douglas-cork-1463553/#img=3

It's the hostess trolley that caught my eye- must be upper middle class :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Back in 2006 when I was paying 800 a month to share a 3 bedroom house in town, my friend had a bedsit all to himself paying 350 a month about a 5 minute walk away. I was super envious of his bedsit. No it wasn't luxury living, and the bathroom was on a different floor, outside of the bedsit its self, but it suited his needs perfectly and would have suited mine, and saved me me 450 a month.

Does no-one involved in trying to fix the homelessness crisis not see a correlation between the banning of bedsits in 2013 and the homelessness crisis reaching critical levels in 2014/2015?
    This is Ireland. Rent seekers must be bowed down to. Hence the move from bedsits into extortionate flat complexes and box rooms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

https://m.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/44133361?search_identifier=c2c91072c35c556cec2ee567a3406c5b

I know it's not to rent as per thread title.... but this is one eye-popping property!

Sensory overload.

And it's got a beach (in the house, not by a beach!)

And not a single photo of the (alleged) waterfront view or moorings? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,438 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

bloody hell...that has to have been owned by some multimillionaire rockstar

EDIT: apparently not, its owned by some architect, the mooring photos can be seen here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I love that it's going to be over a million sterling and yet they're advertising it as a "good weekend retreat". If I'd paid £1mill for a house I'd live in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,461 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I love that it's going to be over a million sterling and yet they're advertising it as a "good weekend retreat". If I'd paid £1mill for a house I'd live in it!

13 million sterling apparently :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

What a monstrosity! I feel slightly nauseous now :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I love it!!

I totally agree. Whilst some of the old style bedsits were a disgrace there has to be a happy medium.

Studio apartments suit a lot of people, it's all they can manage and they are very happy to live in them.

They're are a huge amount of single people out there now who are renting 2 and 3 bedroom places because they want to live alone and there's a huge shortage of 1 bedroom/studios. These bedrooms are going to waste.

House sharing is not a solution that suits everyone.

A building specially built for studios i have no issue with. Perfect for students and the likes.
    Many pages ago i mentioned buildings like that in The Netherlands.
    1 room, fold up bed if you like, couch, little bit of a kitchen and a separate bathroom.

But the **** you see here... some dickhead went crazy with a hammer and a saw he had lying around in a box room, dumb some old **** they put in the garden shed when granny died in it and call it a studio?

inforfun wrote: »
    A building specially built for studios i have no issue with. Perfect for students and the likes.
    Many pages ago i mentioned buildings like that in The Netherlands.
    1 room, fold up bed if you like, couch, little bit of a kitchen and a separate bathroom.

But the **** you see here... some dickhead went crazy with a hammer and a saw he had lying around in a box room, dumb some old **** they put in the garden shed when granny died in it and call it a studio?

Agree, there are also really innovative solutions for living in small spaces now, beds built into the walls etc. It could be done very well but the emphasis in Ireland is always on family homes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The place in the Naul doesn't look so bad apart from the fact that it is in the Naul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭mojesius

Pretty normal 3 bed for sale from the outside...

Inside is decorated with stolen treasures from the Hapsburg empire.

mojesius wrote: »

Jaysus, still and all a good prize for a house in that area. Take the furniture out and it's grand I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

mojesius wrote: »

One of those chandeliers is way too low and you would lamp (pardon the pun) yourself every time you went to the wardrobe.

Some of these gaffs make me think you could make a fortune selling absolute hideous stuff to some people out there.

I am not allowed discuss …

They also spelled Carpenterstown wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

One from my homeplace: Biddy Early's cottage. Price increase by €30,000.
    http://www.daft.ie/clare/houses-for-sale/feakle/dromore-feakle-clare-574749/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Aglomerado wrote: »

Someone missed out because it probably would have been good value at €45k for a one acre site where you are pretty likely to get planning permission because there is already .....ahem....a house there.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Love the price history, they're hoping that someone will buy before the price goes up, then drop it when no one takes tha bait,
    [B]Property price history[/B]

price           change       date
     €75,000        €30,000      Jan 09, 2017              
     €45,000        €50,000      Aug 29, 2016              
     €95,000        €20,000      Dec 06, 2011              
     €75,000        €25,000      Feb 01, 2011              
    €100,000       First Listed  Jan 28, 2011              

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Someone missed out because it probably would have been good value at €45k for a one acre site where you are pretty likely to get planning permission because there is already .....ahem....a house there.
    Depends on whether the council still consider it habitual or not, structures that are not habitual are not considered housing for planning purposes.

In this case, I would imagine that the council would look at any planning application as a greenfield site application and probably refuse without the right "local needs" in place.

Depends on whether the council still consider it habitual or not, structures that are not habitual are not considered housing for planning purposes.

In this case, I would imagine that the council would look at any planning application as a greenfield site application and probably refuse without the right "local needs" in place.

Are you sure about that?

Were the Council who gave me planning permission on a site with a similarly derelict house negligent?

Once I could show that there was previously a house there (ordinance survey map), then there was no problem with the Council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Are you sure about that?

Were the Council who gave me planning permission on a site with a similarly derelict house negligent?

Once I could show that there was previously a house there (ordinance survey map), then there was no problem with the Council.

Ehh which council ?

Some county's planning is akin to negotiating Brexit with the EU whereas others are easy enough.

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh which council ?

Some county's planning is akin to negotiating Brexit with the EU whereas others are easy enough.

Fair point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭blackwhite

TBH - I'd say you'd have more of a problem with objections when you submit your plan to demolish a building of " considerable significance to Ireland's heritage and folklore"

No matter how beyond saving it has gone, an Taisce, together with god knows how many others, will be out to try and prevent a stone being touched (unless you plan to restore it to its original state)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement