Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

retalivity wrote: »
    Not funny, makes me sad actually...but this looks like there was someone living there up until very recently and is being sold as is after, presumably, the previous owner passed away. And the agents are clown if they think they'll get 80k for it as well

http://www.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/carnaross/pottlebane-carnaross-meath-708036/

Jaysus I've see better squats than that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Is it lino? Could be patterned lino my eyes are mistaking for carpet.

Looks like that weird lino type stuff they usually put in office bathrooms.

Not funny, makes me sad actually...but this looks like there was someone living there up until very recently and is being sold as is after, presumably, the previous owner passed away. And the agents are clown if they think they'll get 80k for it as well

http://www.daft.ie/meath/houses-for-sale/carnaross/pottlebane-carnaross-meath-708036/
    judging by the decay, I would say at least 10 years ago it was abandoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭rounders

That will get at least 80k. Properties where there is currently a house are a way more like to get planning permisson so it will probably be bought with the outlook of being demolished and redeveloped!

And it is on a acre of land so protential for big house with big garden. All about the bigger picture ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/marino/8-turlough-parade-marino-dublin-1759942/ 800 for a single room Monday to Friday only...Irish speakers preferred :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

dearg lady wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-rent/marino/8-turlough-parade-marino-dublin-1759942/ 800 for a single room Monday to Friday only...Irish speakers preferred :eek:
    You missed "no food" allowed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Billy86 wrote: »

You misread the ad. It says room only no food

I.e. not a digs setup.

Crazy price! And who would want to go home/somewhere else every single weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,637 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Billy86 wrote: »

It didn't say 'no food allowed'. It said 'room only no food', as in the money covers the room only and not food, like you might have in a digs.

I was more bemused that 3 of the 5 photos were of the jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

800 euro for an unfurnished room available for only 5 days a week and they're trying to be picky about the tenant. Ar Aibheas ar fàd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

€100 a night to sleep in a teepee in some loons garden on the Northside:

C2MRwYu.png

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/19649276?guests=2&adults=2&location=Dublin,+Ireland&check_in=2017-09-28&check_out=2017-09-30&utm_content=buffer2bfac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Rain hammering against the window here like a winters evening as I type this:

AoN5Yet.jpg
    Other things to note

The neighborhood is pretty quite, but if you’re truly looking for peace and quiet, this might not be the place for you as we are in the city so you can expect a certain level of noise. It’s also probably worth mentioning that Dublin City Tipi is adjacent to a railway line so expect the occasional train passing which in fact might the highlight of your stay if you are lucky enough to experience a steam train passing up close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

dearg lady wrote: »
    Níl.

It didn't say 'no food allowed'. It said 'room only no food', as in the money covers the room only and not food, like you might have in a digs.

I was more bemused that 3 of the 5 photos were of the jacks.
    Room only!!! It doesn’t even have a bed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Thargor wrote: »

To be fair .. setting up a crappy wigwam in your garden and renting it out on AirBNB is a good business idea.

Hipsters love that crap. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

redcup342 wrote: »
    To be fair .. setting up a crappy wigwam in your garden and renting it out on AirBNB is a good business idea.

I think I'd prefer my wigwam overlooking a lake in Alaska or some beautiful scenery here in Ireland, not under a fcuking train track in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Its all horrific. Don't think I'll ever move home unless I make a fortune :-(. Maybe the thread should be merged with the huge rise in adults still living at home thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

redcup342 wrote: »

And Ciaran will meet you with the keys and show you around. That shouldn't take long...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

C2MRwYu.png

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/19649276?guests=2&adults=2&location=Dublin,+Ireland&check_in=2017-09-28&check_out=2017-09-30&utm_content=buffer2bfac&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Rain hammering against the window here like a winters evening as I type this:

AoN5Yet.jpg

I'm not sure whether I think this guy is a genius or if its some kind of terrible sign of the times. A tent as holiday accommodation in a city? No, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I'm not sure whether I think this guy is a genius or if its some kind of terrible sign of the times. A tent as holiday accommodation in a city? No, I don't think so.

that guy a genius? I think he's some lunatic. who in hell is doing this sh***, paying 100 € to sleep in someones backyard with trains passing by???

did that guy ever heard about hotels? you get a nice enough room for 100 € a night in a hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

tara73 wrote: »
    that guy a genius? I think he's some lunatic. who in hell is doing this sh***, paying 100 € to sleep in someones backyard with trains passing by???

did that guy ever heard about hotels? you get a nice enough room for 100 € a night in a hotel.

Thing is, it won't have cost him a whole lot to put up, or to advertise - and if there's equal lunatics out there who want to avail of it and pay for it - win/win all round.

I think that qualifies as some kind of genius. Not my kind of genius for sure, but some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭BandMember

tara73 wrote: »
    who in hell is doing this sh***, paying 100 € to sleep in someones backyard with trains passing by???

Hipsters.

Sure it'll be great craic to tell their other hipster friends and post on their Instagram accounts to laugh about over their kale smoothies and salads.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Hipsters.

Sure it'll be great craic to tell their other hipster friends and post on their Instagram accounts to laugh about over their kale smoothies and salads.... :rolleyes:

no, sorry, this is not what hipsters do. It's definetely not hip paying 100€ to sleep in a tent in someones backyard with a trainline next to it. It's something for loosers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,271 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You misread the ad. It says room only no food

I.e. not a digs setup.

Crazy price! And who would want to go home/somewhere else every single weekend?

Probably aimed at students. However it's a ridiculous price for a student to pay.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Thing is, it won't have cost him a whole lot to put up, or to advertise - and if there's equal lunatics out there who want to avail of it and pay for it - win/win all round.

I think that qualifies as some kind of genius. Not my kind of genius for sure, but some kind.

no, it's not a genius putting up an ad like this because nobody will do it. maybe one or two other idiots, but not more, so no groundbreaking genius idea here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

We're getting close to someone actually flogging Direct Provision-themed accommodation on Airbnb. Or maybe renting out a park bench: "Just like the movie Adam & Paul, hipsters! Grab your sleeping bag!"

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

Clearly a case of drunk while on the job. Im not sure if im talking about the architect or the builders, maybe both?? The staircase has not one but 3 windows or 'viewing stations'

http://www.daft.ie/wexford/houses-for-sale/blackwater/5-brackenhill-ballynaglough-blackwater-wexford-1477143/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Syphonax wrote: »
    Clearly a case of drunk while on the job. Im not sure if im talking about the architect or the builders, maybe both?? The staircase has not one but 3 windows or 'viewing stations'

http://www.daft.ie/wexford/houses-for-sale/blackwater/5-brackenhill-ballynaglough-blackwater-wexford-1477143/

That house looks like Thom Yorke's face.

Grayson wrote: »
    Probably aimed at students. However it's a ridiculous price for a student to pay.
    Sure, the bank of Mum & Dad will be called upon to finance it, and landlords know that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

jooksavage wrote: »
    Syphonax wrote: »

Its so fcuking ugly, its like a house thats all backs from every side, theres no front...

jooksavage wrote: »

Strangely its does resemble his wikipedia pic ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Yorke

• Advertisement

Its so fcuking ugly, its like a house thats all backs from every side, theres no front...

a bad jigsaw puzzle where you smash the pieces into fit!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement