Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

redcup342 wrote:
    1000 euros a month for a (what looks like a single room) double room

In a location where you'll never get a wink of sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

redcup342 wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartment-share/temple-bar/temple-bar-1-temple-bar-dublin-977362/

Absolutely bonkers

A lot of these ads look like sub-letting. Is this allowed in Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

A lot of these ads look like sub-letting. Is this allowed in Ireland ?
    With a child in the flat too, poor little guy, sounds like he doesn't even get his own room. :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartment-share/temple-bar/temple-bar-1-temple-bar-dublin-977362/

Absolutely bonkers

That's an IKEA Hemnes bed. You can pull it out and turn it into a double bed. Which means you can swing a cat during the day. Rents are really scary at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Looking for females only (Couples not accepted)

Is it ok to say this when renting out a room? I imagine there would be uproar if somebody asked for males only, females need not apply.

• Advertisement

Is it ok to say this when renting out a room? I imagine there would be uproar if somebody asked for males only, females need not apply.

Well, if I were to let a room in my house and I was a single woman, would you expect me to take in male lodgers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Well, if I were to let a room in my house and I was a single woman, would you expect me to take in male lodgers ?

That depends, is he a fabulous gay that gives amazing fashion tips or a straight male that's potentially a rapist ?

IMO you can pick whoever you want, just leave it out of the ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,493 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

anti-discrimination laws dont apply if you are renting a room from an owner-occupier.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/sharing_accommodation_with_your_landlord.html#la4956

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

That depends, is he a fabulous gay that gives amazing fashion tips or a straight male that's potentially a rapist ?

IMO you can pick whoever you want, just leave it out of the ad

Only two options? Gay or rapist :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭smunchkins

Actually you get males only adverts too.
    Nothing wrong with stating a preference to live with one gender or another. Occupiers right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Only two options? Gay or rapist :eek: :D
    Or a gay rapist. Or a gay racist rapist!! :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Amazing view from within that house but you'd be so bored living there all year around.

Nomis21 wrote: »
    just love the directions to the house
    DIRECTIONS:
    Go to Magheraroarty Pier outside Gortahork and take a boat for Inishbofin. At the pier, turn right and the house is located down the lane on the left.
    I wonder how many times a day that sails?

I could, but it is not for everyone.
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    Amazing view from within that house but you'd be so bored living there all year around.

There is never a need to be bored. There is walking, fishing... reading, writing, doing other creative stuff like painting or sketching, sewing, knitting, crocheting. Anything.
    Get a dog, get a cat, get some hens, start a small garden.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I would love it but it would only really suit someone who could work from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,307 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I would love it but it would only really suit someone who could work from home.

As long as working from home didn't require high speed broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

just love the directions to the house

I wonder how many times a day that sails?

Not that often...

https://www.discoverireland.ie/Activities-Adventure/machaire-rabhartaigh-carmel-olivia-ferry/62283

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,442 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Im from near there, and i didnt think there was a ferry at all - you need to find a local with a boat to take you in and out.

That island used to be uninhabited, has a few houses on it now, mainly holiday homes but i think a few people are on it year round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,442 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

https://www.daft.ie/11546672

2 pictures of the outside, 11 computer generated images including one with a view of christchurch, howth and the central bank?? Nothing of what it is currently like inside (2 apts??) but it does come with full planning permission!

Only 450k!!! (Plus the additional wedge youd need to convert it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

If you can see the water from your back window you can bet that water will be in your house at some stage.

If you can see the water from your back window you can bet that water will be in your house at some stage.

:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

:confused::confused::confused:

Flooding, tidal surges, sea level rises due to global warming etc...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

retalivity wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/11546672

2 pictures of the outside, 11 computer generated images including one with a view of christchurch, howth and the central bank?? Nothing of what it is currently like inside (2 apts??) but it does come with full planning permission!

Only 450k!!! (Plus the additional wedge youd need to convert it)

Looks like it has planning permission for the renovations to get it to look like the sketches.

Grayson wrote: »
    Flooding, tidal surges, sea level rises due to global warming etc...

Oh dear, better move out of my house then.:P
    I suppose it would depend how much above sea level the house is. We haven't had flooding nor tidal surges. Sea level rise, yeah well, we've still a few meters for the sea to fill up more before we get to that problem.

By the way, it looks like there is a sound between the island and the mainland, the prevailing wind would not come from that side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I could, but it is not for everyone.

There is never a need to be bored. There is walking, fishing... reading, writing, doing other creative stuff like painting or sketching, sewing, knitting, crocheting. Anything.
    Get a dog, get a cat, get some hens, start a small garden.

Choose Starting a meth lab, Choose starting a puppy farm, Choose sniffing kittens, Choose a 10 minute commute to work, Choose shopping in a shop where the bar post office and the shop are all run by the one person, Choose eating bacon and cabbage 365

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Far too expensive for what is realistically a holiday home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

pilly wrote: »
    Far too expensive for what is realistically a holiday home.

?? How much would you expect to pay for something like that? Large traditional cottage in a beautiful part of the country, people pay twice that for shoeboxes in Dublin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,049 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

2ndcoming wrote: »
    people pay twice that for shoeboxes in Dublin...

what's that got to do with the price of holiday homes on isolated islands?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,118 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Only just heard of a bed share, that was going for 250 a month.

And somebody took it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement