Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

pilly wrote: »
    Unreal. €550 per month and don't you dare leave your room. :mad:

It's a bit like your moneys needed so we'll take it while holding our noses.

Putting a fridge a toaster and a microwave in a poxy cupboard. What a myriad of healthy nutritional meals await the lucky so and so.

It's really disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

zell12 wrote: »
    Owner occupier wants you.
    http://www.daft.ie/3992648

I wish that was illegal. Reminds me of another post on this thread a good while ago, with a similar set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Speedsie wrote: »
    Nope, those apply to tenants, not licensees.
    Wow, thanks, amazing that someone can get away with renting accommodation without access at least to appropriate shared kitchen and cooking facilities. Not a sodding microwave in a wardrobe. Can't believe anybody would sink so low as this, it shows an utter contempt for fellow human beings. Disgraceful.

Wouldn't a fridge, microwave and toaster in a bloody cupboard be a massive fire hazard?

Kamili wrote: »
    Wouldn't a fridge, microwave and toaster in a bloody cupboard be a massive fire hazard?
    Almost certainly all hanging off a single extension lead, making beans on toast could be hazardous if you have everything running at the same time!

• Advertisement

I hope the trip switches aren't in the kitchen..

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

Just checked the link & the property isn't available any more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I hope the trip switches aren't in the kitchen..
    Or the fire extinguisher...

So, are you meant to wash your dishes in the shower?

EDIT: Check out this owner-occupied for the same price in a similar area. Decent-sized bright room, access to the kitchen...

How those two places can be the same price is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

https://www.daft.ie/cork/apartment-share/carrigaline/main-street-carrigaline-cork-992526/

Jesus lads ... the sleeping area is a bit small .. think you'd need a ladder to get up there.

https://www.daft.ie/cork/apartment-share/mallow/main-street-mallow-cork-991226/

Whats with the Weird Photos on this one ?
    What's so interesting about the gap between the Washer and dryer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,581 ✭✭✭✭zell12

shaunr68 wrote: »
    Can't believe anybody would sink so low as this, it shows an utter contempt for fellow human beings. Disgraceful.
    There is far far far worse, like the Garda who rented out a shed to a family in 2010
    or the mother and child in a shed in 2017
    or the 64 people bunked up in one house 2017
    or the €100pw for bunk bed in 2018
    or the wooden framed bed over a mini-kitchen in one room 2013

• Advertisement

Just checked the link & the property isn't available any more...

I would suspect that's because it's due to the fact its aww attracted so much negative attention possibly from this thread being copped by either the owners or someone known to them.

They now possibly realise that they look like cnuts and pulled the ad.

Because expecting someone to rent a room that has a kettle/ microwave/fridge and toaster in q cupboard and apparently expecting the tenant to wash their dishes in the jacks would indeed make them cnuts.

I would suspect that's because it's due to the fact its aww attracted so much negative attention possibly from this thread being copped by either the owners or someone known to them.

They now possibly realise that they look like cnuts and pulled the ad.

Because expecting someone to rent a room that has a kettle/ microwave/fridge and toaster in q cupboard and apparently expecting the tenant to wash their dishes in the jacks would indeed make them cnuts.

that maybe.

or maybe someone rented it, anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Teddington Cuddlesworth

redcup342 wrote: »
    https://www.daft.ie/cork/apartment-share/carrigaline/main-street-carrigaline-cork-992526/

Jesus lads ... the sleeping area is a bit small .. think you'd need a ladder to get up there.

https://www.daft.ie/cork/apartment-share/mallow/main-street-mallow-cork-991226/

Whats with the Weird Photos on this one ?
    What's so interesting about the gap between the Washer and dryer ?

It's not just the washer dryer.

Every picture is focused on gaps between thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I get depressed just looking at the pictures, imagine having to live in these places :(

that maybe.

or maybe someone rented it, anything is possible.

I hope it's the former.

Imagine the depression facing some poor fcuker going home to face that every evening.

Microwave meals and dirty dishes getting washed in the same place your microwave meal bodily waste gets expelled from the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,406 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's not just the washer dryer.

Every picture is focused on gaps between thing

that sounds like the setup for a Doctor Who episode

that sounds like the setup for a Doctor Who episode
    There's only one photo there now! :confused:
    OTMwMWZlNjUxYWQ5OTZmMjEzYThhODJlNWIyZDZjNGRVmE7C2M8nA8cR6tK1blouaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL21lZGlhbWFzdGVyLXMzZXUvMy80LzM0ZTA2NzI2ZTc3ZWM1Yjg4YzYxZDI5NGRiOGI5NjRhLmpwZ3x8fHx8fDYwMHg0NTB8fHx8.jpg

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=440392&stc=1&d=1517502615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭burnsey1987

That ad could probably win an award for being economical with the truth, What's the rest of the interior like!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,159 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

pilly wrote: »
    Unreal. €550 per month and don't you dare leave your room. :mad:

It's a bit like your moneys needed so we'll take it while holding our noses.

Putting a fridge a toaster and a microwave in a poxy cupboard. What a myriad of healthy nutritional meals await the lucky so and so.

It's really disgusting.
    That's actually worse than the hotel rooms acting as temporary accommodation for people.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

That ad could probably win an award for being economical with the truth, What's the rest of the interior like!

Come on, what do you expect for 20K?

anyway for that money I prefer this gaff:

http://www.daft.ie/leitrim/bungalows-for-sale/mohill/leitrim-lower-eslin-bridge-mohill-leitrim-1595896/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

redcup342 wrote: »

It's probably the only area of the whole property they could point a camera at without 2-3 bunk beds being in frame at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Nomis21 wrote: »

http://www.daft.ie/leitrim/bungalows-for-sale/mohill/leitrim-lower-eslin-bridge-mohill-leitrim-1595896/

I can smell the asbestos from here.

About 5 years ago, you could have bought a new house for that in parts if Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I got quoted that to build a garden shed the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,878 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Wow, thanks, amazing that someone can get away with renting accommodation without access at least to appropriate shared kitchen and cooking facilities. Not a sodding microwave in a wardrobe. Can't believe anybody would sink so low as this, it shows an utter contempt for fellow human beings. Disgraceful.

Except thats exactly what BnB is.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Look, you don't stay in a BandB and expect to cook dinner and have access to the kitchen. Renting a room under long term and short term conditions, there are going to be differences.

Except, its actually not.

BnB - bed and wait for it... BREAKFAST

brought to you on a plate, served up for your enjoyment. B&B is meant for a short term stay.

not a microwave, fridge and toaster in a cupboard, for a long term lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

No it isn't and if that is your idea of a B&B then it says a lot about you.
    And hopefully you are not involved in the trade.

A B&B is a short term stay.
    It includes access to a shared dining and seating area and get it the second B is for Breakfast which is provided as part of the deal.

The above is a just a tiny step above a hotel room with a minibar, kettle and teabags.
    Mind you I have not come across a hotel room with that stuff hidden in the wardrobe.

This thread was kinda funny, but lately it is really beginning to get depressing seeing what some people are doing to others, all to make a few quid.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I can smell the asbestos from here.

In fairness, it's probably fibre cement. But I'm cold just looking at the photos ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement