Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

retalivity wrote: »
    Also, 375k for a 3bed apt in good shape in templebar sounds like a steal.

Then I realised why - it faces directly onto probably the busiest pub in the country. The ad was very nice not to mention that though, & to exclude it from the outside photos
    I sleep like a rock (I have literally slept through several hours of people drilling a few feet into the ground to fix the plumbing when I had a bedroom downstairs, only a sheet of drywall away from said filling) and one thing I utterly despise about Dublin are the commutes if you work in the city centre and are not on a Luas line... to be honest if I were looking I'd be pretty delighted to jump on that.

And as others said even if it were to prove a problem, having as a rental or Airbnb/handy place to crash when not in occupancy you know there'll never be a shortage of demand for that location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

A very very sad looking gaff to rent in Clonne not sure if its a granny flat or not http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/clonee/pace-road-clonee-dublin-1814600/

:shudders:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

jjbrien wrote: »
    A very very sad looking gaff to rent in Clonne not sure if its a granny flat or not http://www.daft.ie/dublin/apartments-for-rent/clonee/pace-road-clonee-dublin-1814600/

What am I missing? It looks ok 3 rooms for a grand in this climate seems (ahem) reasonable ... ?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,219 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What am I missing? It looks ok 3 rooms for a grand in this climate seems (ahem) reasonable ... ?!?!

Its a one-bed? And is pretty spartan.
    Plus, i hate wooden floors in bathrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rather than reasonable, let's say it's vaguely acceptable.

There have been worse places on here but still paying a grand a month for that place is depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What's the white thing with a blue top on it beside the couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

BattleCorp wrote: »
    What's the white thing with a blue top on it beside the couch?

a topload washing machine . Water everywhere

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ad says
    Spacious granny flat

67515d617b821f963b3be73135d0d1e7.png

Really not the worst i have seen here.
    Problem with a lot of these things is, what kind of furniture they put in them.
    Why on earth would you put a 2 seater recliner in there? It makes the place look 50% smaller in 1 go.

I really think they spent some money on that place but they couldnt get it more wrong if they tried again.

inforfun wrote: »
    Why on earth would you put a 2 seater recliner in there? It makes the place look 50% smaller in 1 go.

It's a kitchen/living room. You'd normally have some sort of a couch in a living room.

I'd be more upset that there is no kitchen/dining table. Are you supposed to sit and eat your dinner off the kitchen counter?

It's a kitchen/living room. You'd normally have some sort of a couch in a living room.

I'd be more upset that there is no kitchen/dining table. Are you supposed to sit and eat your dinner off the kitchen counter?

I am not against putting something there to park your arse on. But why a 2 seater reclining monster that takes half the rooms space?

I mean, love it or hate it, when you go through Ikea it gives you a good idea what you can also do when space is limited.

Think there is a dining facility on the right side of my screenshot.
    And if not... meh.
    No need fro a dining table when a place has 1 single bed.

• Advertisement

I am not against putting something their to park your arse on. But why a 2 seater reclining monster that takes half the rooms space?

I mean, love it or hate it, when you go through Ikea it gives you a good idea what you can also do when space is limited.

Think there is a dining facility on the right side of my screenshot.
    And if not... meh.

I think the dining facility on the right hand side of the pic is a TV stand.

Regarding the 2 seater recliner, I doubt the landlord went out and bought it for the granny flat. It's probably something that the landlord once had in their own house but don't want it any more so they stuck it into the granny flat.

€1400 would be ok for a small flat in Drumcondra but not in Clonee. The top loader washer would a problem too.

As far as I can see there's no kitchen table whats on the right hand side is a TV stand.

Dont know whats on top of that chair next the counter looks like binoculars or something

It is €1000, not 1400
    And 1400 for a small flat is never ok. Anywhere in Ireland.

It is €1000, not 1400
    And 1400 for a small flat is never ok. Anywhere in Ireland.

My bad but still id hate to live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

441707.JPG

http://www.daft.ie/roscommon/houses-for-sale/strokestown/cloonradoon-strokestown-roscommon-1363044/

Not a bad house as such but jaysus you'd think they'd put in some effort with the photos.

^^^^^^

8ec60b10e47d155a854edd6b857fd538.png

First thing that popped up....

fr-ted-i

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

retalivity wrote: »
    Also, 375k for a 3bed apt in good shape in templebar sounds like a steal.

Then I realised why - it faces directly onto probably the busiest pub in the country. The ad was very nice not to mention that though, & to exclude it from the outside photos

If I didn't have kids, that would be my dream home. The busier the streets the better. I'm a nosey cnut people watcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Electricity prob disconnected on that Roscommon one.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Electricity prob disconnected on that Roscommon one.

The house doesn't look abandoned so I'd be surprised if the electricity is cut off. More like the auctioneer is a little thick and didn't realise how dark the pics were going to turn out.

Nice house though.

xzanti wrote: »
    If I didn't have kids, that would be my dream home. The busier the streets the better. I'm a nosey cnut people watcher.

One man's meat is another man's poison. I'd go mad in a place like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I was about to correct you and say there is a coffee table, then I realised it is a TV stand. It's another thing I can't help but notice in Irish rentals where the layout is ignored in favour of a box ticking exercise for 'pieces' without thinking how much sense they would make. I hate viewing TV at much of an angle and don't think I'm alone there, would almost have to find myself sitting in the sink to watch the TV there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

^^^^^^

8ec60b10e47d155a854edd6b857fd538.png

That's helluva amount of grass to cut :eek:

Billy86 wrote: »
    I was about to correct you and say there is a coffee table, then I realised it is a TV stand. It's another thing I can't help but notice in Irish rentals where the layout is ignored in favour of a box ticking exercise for 'pieces' without thinking how much sense they would make. I hate viewing TV at much of an angle and don't think I'm alone there, would almost have to find myself sitting in the sink to watch the TV there.

I'd put the telly stand in the gap beside the fridge and the window (where the stool is). I'd put the couch facing it on the opposite wall. No crick in the neck then. Not sure where to put the washing machine then. maybe where the tv stand originally was. Not very aesthetic.

It would be kind of nice to have blinds or curtains on the window though.

gozunda wrote: »
    That's helluva amount of grass to cut :eek:
    Goats!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

jjbrien wrote:
    My bad but still id hate to live there.

Nomis21 wrote:
    150K for a shed...

For a site more like

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Nomis21 wrote: »
    In a lovely location. Needs a bit of TLC but I'd live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

chewed wrote: »
    For a site more like

Cash buyers only, no planning given for a house on that site.

LirW wrote: »
    It was probably built as a temporary structure back before planning was taken seriously, so you'll never be able to alter it in any way and you may be prohibited from occupying it for all 12 months of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

LirW wrote: »
    Granted you couldn't knock it down and build another house there, but is there anything to suggest that the existing property is not compliant with regulations and you would not be able to live in it year round?

Cash buyers only perhaps more due to it being an unconventional construction, might be difficult getting a mortgage on a shed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement