Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I like how the top of the banister is held up by what looks like an electrical cord :pac:

Some kind of power pack for the TV? has been on sale years.Oh look at photo 4? The blue wire down the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

LirW wrote: »
    Across the road is a site for 25k with 2.8 acres. I have the suspicion that sites might not sell well there :pac:

and would be good to check if this even has planning permission. To me it looks like a case of the owner thinking: I'm very smart, let's drop a cabin on my unused site and make 30 k on it, let's see who's that stupid to buy it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

tara73 wrote: »
    and would be good to check if this even has planning permission. To me it looks like a case of the owner thinking: I'm very smart, let's drop a cabin on my unused site and make 30 k on it, let's see who's that stupid to buy it..

It says on the ad that it had planning in 2003, so they're probably selling it for that price with the premise that you'll be able to get planning for it again and build something on it

It says on the ad that it had planning in 2003, so they're probably selling it for that price with the premise that you'll be able to get planning for it again and build something on it

yes, just saw this later, that it had planning. and yes, after 15 years you most definately need approving again..

This is the other one..

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/termon/goldrum-termon-donegal-1528463/

Looks grand until you get to photos 4-9.

How anyone could leave a family home like that? And how any agent could not even be bothered clearing it out?
    No pride in their work!

The furniture is grey with mould. And filth and personal stuff all over the place.

Is that a dead cat in 5? By Santa?

I know the price is because of the land but even so..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Graces7 wrote: »

Now that is rank :eek:

Lower the price by 100 grand, knock it down and start over new with like a log cabin or so (if you get planning, ahhh don't get me started on it), it looks like a lovely patch of land.

This is the other one..

http://www.daft.ie/donegal/houses-for-sale/termon/goldrum-termon-donegal-1528463/

How anyone could leave a family home like that? And how any agent could not even be bothered clearing it out?
    No pride in their work!

The furniture is grey with mould. And filth and personal stuff all over the place.

laughed so hard..:pac: it's not Santa this time (although he's in every other pic it seems), it's a garden gnome...and next to the gnome is a plastic horse me thinks...not that it matters much, a dead cat would be well expected there...:D

pic 6, I think it's still somebodies sleeping room...

LirW wrote: »
    Now that is rank :eek:

Lower the price by 100 grand, knock it down and start over new with like a log cabin or so (if you get planning, ahhh don't get me started on it), it looks like a lovely patch of land.

Thanks for that! it made me blow steam and yes, I thought a match would be the best thing..

could not find it earlier as I was looking at the cheaper range....

Shudders; all such personal stuff...

When I was fairly new here, looked at a house. Been empty I think a year, and the bedclothes were just pulled open as i the old lady had just got out of bed,, The family lived a few hundred yards down the lane

tara73 wrote: »
    laughed so hard..:pac: it's not Santa this time (although he's in every other pic it seems), it's a garden gnome...and next to the gnome is a plastic horse me thinks...not that it matters much, a dead cat would be well expected there...:D

pic 6, I think it's still somebodies sleeping room...

roflol... see m y post re leaving beds as they were... That was Donegal too and we found one house with the ancient remnants of The Last Supper on the table.. I kid you not!

It IS Santa.. and that bookcase in 7.... I mean YUUUUUUKKKK

and all on the internet for all to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thanks for that! it made me blow steam and yes, I thought a match would be the best thing..

could not find it earlier as I was looking at the cheaper range....

Shudders; all such personal stuff...

When I was fairly new here, looked at a house. Been empty I think a year, and the bedclothes were just pulled open as i the old lady had just got out of bed,, The family lived a few hundred yards down the lane

It's like the person who lived there just died and the family wanted nothing to do with the house

• Advertisement

It's like the person who lived there just died and the family wanted nothing to do with the house

Poor old dote. But what is the agent at?

I was watching some of the rental evicted scenes in the Uk and it is like that.

That Christmas tree breaks the heart.

It looks like someone went "treasure hunting" first though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

That was probably vacant and used for "storage" since then.

QUOTE=M5;106758545]That was probably vacant and used for "storage" since then.[/QUOTE]

That it the reality. Getting rid of heavy rubbish costs so just dump it in mam's old place..

This dwelling I live in had been empty five years and when the old man went off to hospital to die, poor old dote, they literally just locked the door. Left everything here. Even his Guinness in the cupboard... clothes... heaps of stuff...

And you should see the old family house he vacated to move here.. OH MY! bedding, etc, all like the Marie Celeste ...and literally hundreds of small Guinness bottles.

Imagine what is in the cupboards in that house? Some lovely china visible...

But that amount of mould? Years that has taken to grow .. that bookcase

It looks like someone went "treasure hunting" first though!

Nah; too far out in the wilds. I once checked out a house I was trying to get them to rent and a similar saga. Wish I knew the name. Christmas tree is a hint...

I am abed just now and looking at old places on daft is a hobby .

And I rented several first lets of family bereavement houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

That Donegal house is actually on Lough Salt drive which has absolutely stunning views from Errigal to Fanad Head about a mile further up the road.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This is the other one..

No pride in their work!

The Lidl Christmas house is looking rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

James 007 wrote: »
    I spent hours looking at these photos and could only find Willy.

It looks like one of those blow up mattresses from Lidl or Aldi.
    Cannot find that one, but how about your very own log cabin?

http://www.daft.ie/mayo/houses-for-sale/swinford/cartronmacmanus-killasser-log-cabin-swinford-mayo-1504061/

Says no electricity but the TV?

No water etc either;) Plenty of trees around

Joe Mellett would sell anything.
    Maybe that's why he was a county councillor for so long.

Oh and that site is more like 7 odd miles to Swinford.
    Probably the same to Foxford.

Also with stream nearby it makes planning more fraud.
    I like how the top of the banister is held up by what looks like an electrical cord :pac:

Ah come on they made an effort, it isn't bailing twine. :D

I am not allowed discuss …

Now here is a real beauty.. All mod cons including your very own.. graveyard?

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/caheragh/killeenleagh-caheragh-cork-1626162/

jmayo wrote: »

Joe Mellett would sell anything.

You know I did not even notice it was mellett !!!

Knew of him way back.. some wonderful.... descriptions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

This property near where I grew up comes with its very own private chapel. I'd always wanted to see inside! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aglomerado wrote: »
    This property near where I grew up comes with its very own private chapel. I'd always wanted to see inside! :)

somebody was actually living there until 2011?

That;s it; I am off.. Have a whip round please. Totally in love!.

somebody was actually living there until 2011?

You can see the house with the white net curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That;s it; I am off.. Have a whip round please. Totally in love!.

Me too, it's wonderful. I'd love to be able to restore it to its former glory.

Me too, it's wonderful. I'd love to be able to restore it to its former glory.

I would be happy with the ruins and the life they hold...

And that chapel? Still so lovingly kept.. Who does that?

just all glorious.. THANK YOU!

Now here is a real beauty.. All mod cons including your very own.. graveyard?

http://www.daft.ie/cork/houses-for-sale/caheragh/killeenleagh-caheragh-cork-1626162/

and the words whited sepulchre fit. See the lovely white front, than see inside

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

Reminds me very much of what Solis Lough Eske castle looked like before it was turned into a hotel. Used to be one of my favourite places to explore when I was small :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Jaysus, they weren't joking about walking distance to the church!
    Why did they bother replacing the roof???

• Advertisement

vetinari wrote: »
    Jaysus, they weren't joking about walking distance to the church!
    Why did they bother replacing the roof???

Maybe were going to do more? They made a fine job of the outside .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement