Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Don't worry if you see "last edited by dr.bollocko" in your messages. I'm just adding in pics so that we can relive the hilarity years from now when the ads are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

miamee wrote: »

they're looking for 800 per month PER ROOM?! That's insane

dearg lady wrote: »

Bill, the realtor, needs a damn reality check.

is there no end to the balls on these guys???
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Jake1 wrote: »
    gotta love the ****e that comes out of a realtors mouth...

Property Description:
    ***Heating & Bins & Internet & Washing Included*** NO RENT ALLOWANCE PLEASE. Magnificent refurbished studio apartments available for letting. Brilliantly located near to Mater Hospital and walking distance to city centre. All mod cons available in a very nice house with a large secure rear garden. Ideally suited to one professional person or couple.

Note the use of the word @ magnificent'..

right , lets see how magnifico they are...

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1258616

Mmm, nothing says 'magnificent' like a crappy cheap breakfast bar awkwardly tacked onto a non-functioning fireplace...

heres a somewhat decent one just a bit up the road.

F U BILL with yur 800 a room! BLAH

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1260759

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Year long christmases dont pay for themselves!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

rain on wrote: »
    Mmm, nothing says 'magnificent' like a crappy cheap breakfast bar awkwardly tacked onto a non-functioning fireplace...

Ah now, be fair. It does double as an ironing board with seating facilities ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Ah now, be fair. It does double as an ironing board with seating facilities ;)

Sure what else would you want for 800 euro a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

I just realized we are ****ing with the page view counters for these ads.

Poor people check to see has anyone shown interest and the bloody counter over 500 :D

I just realized we are ****ing with the page view counters for these ads.

Poor people check to see has anyone shown interest and the bloody counter over 500 :D

Maybe hundreds of views and no "bites" may make them realise just how crap their "magnificant" gaff really is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1215247

sweet jesus......look at the couch, jammed in beside the cooker, so you can sit and get grease splashes all over ye. :eek:

This one has since been let ... just a few hours later! This thread is just a big advertising board for stingey Boardsies! :eek:

Thankfully, despite this, I still got to see the photo ... thanks to the speedy skills of dr.bollocko! ;) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭pennypocket

And for a 'double bedroom' yet 'couples not accepted'. Really hoping there's twin beds in those rooms. You could get a fairly okay one bedroom flat for that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Pity there is only one photo of this place, its a one room studio but the bedroom is a room within a room!?
    The room within a room even has a little window.

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1241919

its room inception. it's like a bed in a confessional box. fuppin hell. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

i actually like the room in a room :o at least there is somewhere to hide and cry

• Registered Users Posts: 12 amyos24

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

amyos24 wrote: »

Jaze, look at the manky aul sheets, the are worn through...:(

Why cant these feckers just say in their ads ' Hole for rent'

thought we had some sort of advertising laws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Holy ****. Room to share! You'd be sleeping about 4 inches away from a smelly stranger...why not just live in a hostel?

And since when is Mountjoy Square "between Temple Bar and O'Connell Street" :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

fullstop wrote: »
    Holy ****. Room to share! You'd be sleeping about 4 inches away from a smelly stranger...why not just live in a hostel?

And since when is Mountjoy Square "between Temple Bar and O'Connell Street" :rolleyes:

The ad should just read "Hit rock bottom? looking for somewhere warm to cook up? It's your lucky day oul pal"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

To be fair though. 1/10th of a bottle of liquid soap for free. And the towel matches the tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

zef wrote: »
    DNG Lettings, is proud to announce this studioapartment to let, in this quiet and secluded area, on the North Circular Road. Accommodation comprises of; a large, open-plan living kitchen with all mod cons double bed, and a main bathroom, with shower"

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1258472

Translated- DNG lettings have a shoddy bedsit to rent on the N.C.R. We have just about managed to fit in a double bed, and there is a lovely comfy chair (for all your cranking needs) facing the oven.

I'll wager the cells in Dochas womens prison nearby are nicer.

At least its a gas cooker, another option you have when you're thinking of ways to kill yourself.

To be fair though. 1/10th of a bottle of liquid soap for free. And the towel matches the tiles.

cant beat good co-ordination in a design scheme,

matchy matchy samey samey :)

Cienciano wrote: »
    At least its a gas cooker, another option you have when you're thinking of ways to kill yourself.

OUCH!!! :eek:
    thats so sad.

If I had to pick an apartment in Dublin to live in, I'd pick this one:

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/20-hollybrook-brighton-road-foxrock-dublin-18/1835680

Wonder what the management fees are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

"One bed in a big twin room is available to share with a friendly guy from now.
    We are looking for a nice, clean, friendly and easygoing person to share a room with friendly guy"

Em...how friendly is this guy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

This is my favourite thread, surely there should be laws against the renting of some of the kips I have seen on this thread.

Cienciano wrote: »
    If I had to pick an apartment in Dublin to live in, I'd pick this one:

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/20-hollybrook-brighton-road-foxrock-dublin-18/1835680

Wonder what the management fees are like?

sweet devine jaysus, thats beautiful, love it love it, Love big airy rooms.

there is not one thing I dont like about it. Great design, classy with a bit of funkiness.

Id say the management fees are the same price as the for sale price. :)

ah, no, would be interesting to know tho...

picture 10 and 11, love that room

Drooool............

Colmustard wrote: »
    This is my favourite thread, surely there should be laws against the renting of some of the kips I have seen on this thread.

its my fav too. Its both hilarious and heartbreaking at times.

( makes you appreciate what ye do have :)

• Advertisement

sweet devine jaysus, thats beautiful, love it love it, Love big airy rooms.

there is not one thing I dont like about it. Great design, classy with a bit of funkiness.

Id say the management fees are the same price as the for sale price. :)

ah, no, would be interesting to know tho...

picture 10 and 11, love that room

Drooool............

Yeah, it's some place! It's just weird looking around at big places like that, massive houses in big areas with gardens the size of a field, then go back to some of the small ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement