Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

jjbrien wrote: »
    Either some sucker fell for it or daft took it down due to fraud. I remeber when i was looking for a place one guy said you can look at the apartment but you will have to pay the deposit to go see it as I am now living overseas. Set alarm bells ringing in my head straight away was quick to send the advert over the the guards

I really hope it's that Daft realise. I guess it only takes one sucker. Imagine paying a deposit for somewhere before viewing it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I really hope it's that Daft realise. I guess it only takes one sucker. Imagine paying a deposit for somewhere before viewing it? :eek:

Seems its one of the lastest internet scams some innocent person desperate for a place to live. My view is if it looks too good to be true then it is. The place looked really too good to be true city center apartment with parking penthouse all foe 680 euro a month. The rent on those apartments usually was double that so to me something didnt smell right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

jjbrien wrote: »
    .... I remeber when i was looking for a place one guy said you can look at the apartment but you will have to pay the deposit to go see it as I am now living overseas. Set alarm bells ringing in my head straight away was quick to send the advert over the the guards

Ha, i emailed yer one for the laugh... excat same story as that.. abroad..sick.. yada yada. Also the apratment has Air Conditioning! :rolleyes:
    Hello,

I just read your e-mail regarding my apartment located in :24 Abbey Street Lower, Dublin 1, Ireland. It has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms, 1 kitchen and 1 living room.

I bought this apartment for my daughter during her studies in Dublin, but now she's back home permanently, so I'm renting it out.

We will not use the place any more, so you can rent it even for a long term.
    The flat is fully furnished and renovated, as you could see from the photos.
    You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my furniture in the large basement cellar.
    The place is fully equipped with air conditioning, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, LCD TV, etc.

Also, very important, the utilities (water, electricity,Internet, digital TV,) are included in the rent of 600eur/month. The security deposit is 600eur, and you will get it back when you will move out (I will need a 30 days notice).

Now, a little bit about myself: My name is Gabriele Emilija wife of Daniel Emilija and I'm a 53 years old retired architect from London/United Kingdom.
    I'm a pet owner myself, so I will have no problem if you want to keep a pet in the house, as long as nothing is damaged.

Unfortunately, my health and ongoing treatment don't allow me to do any travelling for the next few months, so I will not be able to come and meet you personally for a while.

However, this won't affect the rental at all. I can make arrangements to have a real estate agency handle everything for me.

I would like to know how many persons you intend to share the flat with, and for how long. Any other details about yourself would be appreciated.
    So I guess this is it for now, I hope I didn't forget anything.

Friendly greetings from the UK!

Gabriele Emilija
    Architect
    London, United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Yeah, I wonder why they do that, price it so low? :confused:

Maybe it weeds out all but the most gullible people. i.e. if they believe the ad at that price, they'll believe anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

face1990 wrote: »
    Maybe it weeds out all but the most gullible people. i.e. if they believe the ad at that price, they'll believe anything.

Yeah, that crossed my mind. Scammers know what they're at, a higher rent price would attract people who would never hand over deposit + rent money before viewing a place. Better to just find a handful of gullible people at the lower price. I mean, a nice one bed in town would be way higher than 600 a month, never mind a two bed. So, really only gullible fools would respond.

Yet another scam! :) A1 BER rating? How delightful!

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1338140

Reported.

Screengrab:

33cyqzp.jpg

Can anyone explain how to do the reverse google thing. When I click on the pop up style pic, I can't get a page location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Yet another scam! :) A1 BER rating? How delightful!

Can anyone explain how to do the reverse google thing. When I click on the pop up style pic, I can't get a page location.

To get the link from daft, just right click on the first image and copy image link. Don't open the pop up box.

Then, Go to google, click the "images" option in the top bar, then in the google search bar you should see a camera icon. If you click that, it will ask for the link to the image you want to reverse search.

• Advertisement

Doop wrote: »
    Ha, i emailed yer one for the laugh... excat same story as that.. abroad..sick.. yada yada. Also the apratment has Air Conditioning! :rolleyes:

I just emailed the new one posted today with this:
    Oh hai, do tell me about the apartment. I just can't wait to give you my bank details. Please hurry, I just cannot wait to part with some of this cash burning a hole in my pocket!!!!

Gave my name as Gullible Rube, and an long abandoned email address. :D Couldn't resist.

The following ad is someone looking to use your house as a massage parlour :eek:

for 10 yoyos per customer :)

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-other-jobs-in-dublin/free-money-inexchange-for-accom-483688682

Jake1 wrote: »
    The following ad is someone looking to use your house as a massage parlour :eek:

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-other-jobs-in-dublin/free-money-inexchange-for-accom-483688682
    I can just imagine what the meighbours would be thinking when all the clients start dropping in! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

LisaLee wrote: »
    Crying chair... Check!
    Mysterious stains... Check!
    Mottled ceiling... Check!

With a bonus mop :D

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1337281

The whole place could do with a lick of paint and new furniture, but overall it looks like a pretty decent flat to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

OneArt wrote: »
    The whole place could do with a lick of paint and new furniture, but overall it looks like a pretty decent flat to be honest.

The 7min walk to Connolly is accurate enough... if you were wearing a jetpack.

They've a crying chair for every room in the house though in fairness to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

cson wrote: »
    The 7min walk to Connolly is accurate enough... if you were wearing a jetpack.

They've a crying chair for every room in the house though in fairness to them.
    Was it not the same one strategically placed in every room :confused:

Gave my name as Gullible Rube, and an long abandoned email address. :D Couldn't resist.

Got an email from Daft:
    Hi Gullible Rube,

At Daft.ie, we noticed that you contacted the advertiser of the rental ad
    at 1 Chatham Row, Dublin 2, Dublin City Centre on Sunday, 12/5/2013. The
    advertiser is called Matilda Isobel.

We have reasons to believe that this advert may be fraudulent, and the
    advertiser may not be who they purport to be. The ad has now been removed
    from our website and the advertiser has been banned. There is no need for
    you to forward to us any emails you receive from them but do not respond to
    them either.

It is best to cease all communication with potential scam artists like this
    immediately if you become suspicious and, if you can, add them to your
    blocked senders/junk list.

Please DO NOT SEND MONEY BY WESTERN UNION OR MONEYBOOKERS. It is not safe.

You can click on the link below for more information regarding such scams:

http://www.daft.ie/safety-online

If there is anything else we can assist with, please do not hesitate to
    contact us. If you wish to contact us about this issue, please refer to ad
    ID 1338140.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

April O'Neill sorry who's that in your avatar? Its really bugging me :P

ziggy23 wrote: »
    April O'Neill sorry who's that in your avatar? Its really bugging me :P

I think it's Sophia from 'The Golden Girls'. Thought it would be a funny juxtaposition to my username. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

it is indeed sophia
    she was the funniest one.

and the sexiest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

RADIUS wrote: »
    If you think that's bad you should see this!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-23787150.html

:pac:

lol mrs bucket [bou kay]

RADIUS wrote: »
    If you think that's bad you should see this!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-23787150.html

:pac:
    JD DABA wrote: »
    lol mrs bucket [bou kay]
    Still on the market.... surprise surprise!!

and priced about 30% higher than recently sold houses in the area.
    and seller ignoring the first rule of selling, depersonalise the house before taking pictures! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Still on the market.... surprise surprise!!

and priced about 30% higher than recently sold houses in the area.
    and seller ignoring the first rule of selling, depersonalise the house before taking pictures! :p

I can see a crossover property program coming, 'My Big Fat Gypsy Location, Location, Location'...

This week, Kirsty tries to explain open plan minimalism to Blackie Connors.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Citroen2cv

There are sooo many of these houses in england with pensioners living in them. Mrs. Bouquet is an accurate stereotype. Many a B&B, I stayed in england was like this.

OMG, got a response! :D
    Hello,

Thank you reply to the advert placed. I personally own the property located in: 1 Chatham Row, Dublin 2, Ireland, and also want to rent it out , and I'm looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at all time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. Apartment have 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom, 1-kitchen and 1-living room, and the apartment features a range of facilities including washing machine, air conditioning, internet and phone, a car parking. The apartment was renovated in March 2012 and all the utilies are brand new. Also, I have no problem with pets. Minimum rental period is one month and can be extented to how much time do you need to leave there. The apartment is furnished as seen in the photos. The monthly rent is 1000 Euro including bills for hot water, cold water, gas, heat, electricity, cable TV, internet access.
    I bought this apartment for me 6 years ago when my company sent me in Dublin to work, but nine months ago my company offer me a 8 years contract in United Kingdom, and now I decide to rent the apartment.

Now, a little about me so that we can get to know each other better. My name is Matilda Isobel and I am a 55 years old and my job is Assistant Finance Manager at Wolverhampton/ United Kingdom ( R&M Tax / Treasury Ltd ). The only inconvenience is that my job does not let me go, even for a single day. But this will not affect at all. I can make arrangements to rent the apartment from UK (at my expense, of course).

Thank`s for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Assistant Finance Manager: Matilda Isobel

LULZ!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Jake1 wrote: »

I love the title:
    "Free money inexchange for accom"

Eh no, I think you'll find money in exchange for accom is called rent...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

snubbleste wrote: »
    This one is one room. http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1286149
    Rent allowance not accepted
    Bathroom is shared with 2 other flats.
    Bedsits are illegal since 1 January 2013. This is an illegally advertised property!

That couch looks ver....

Nevermind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That couch looks ver....

Nevermind...
    That's hilarious... it just faces the bed too. Very appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

smash wrote: »
    That's hilarious... it just faces the bed too. Very appropriate!

I'm sure I have no idea what you are talking about...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Hmmmm tempting :rolleyes: AN old pair of ear plugs.... easy moola if you ask me, and he is DISCRETE and SAFE , thats the main thing.

http://www.gumtree.ie/cp-flatshare-houseshare-in-dublin/free-money-inexchange-for-accom-484457186

YOU: would u like to get free money to accommodate me at ur house? pref available bedroom and bathroom.

ME: I am attractive new black masseur guy here in Dublin from the warm Caribbean:cool:. I get about 10 paying customers/jobs per day:o but due to lack of accommodation:( on my end I am unable to go thru with most of these jobs but I go earn enough;). But potentially I can earn a lot more.:D

I can give u 10euro for every customer that I see at your house:pac: in exchange for me to live and do this work at ur house .:P
    I PROMISE I WILL BE DISCREET:cool: AND SAFE;).

I will also contribute to bills and food BUT not rent at ur house/place:pac:

are u interested in this agreement?:)

contact me serious persons only:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement