Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

There's a building in Phibsboro that's been worked on for a while now , it's beside the 'Golden Chip' , I assumed it was another shop or a sit down extension because they kept the large shopfront window. The other day I was walking home and what did I see only a double bed in the small room!! , looks like it's been turned into a bedsit. When you open the curtains in the morning it'd be like some sort of live art installtion for all the world to see. Some landlords really don't give a f*%k about space or privacy as long as they get their dinero , prob living in some Mcmansion in Meath himself/herself , it's the same mindset as bus drivers who leave the lights on in the bus on night journeys and then refuse to turn them off , pure disregard for anybody but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Seanachai wrote: »
    There's a building in Phibsboro that's been worked on for a while now , it's beside the 'Golden Chip' , I assumed it was another shop or a sit down extension because they kept the large shopfront window. The other day I was walking home and what did I see only a double bed in the small room!! , looks like it's been turned into a bedsit. When you open the curtains in the morning it'd be like some sort of live art installtion for all the world to see. Some landlords really don't give a f*%k about space or privacy as long as they get their dinero , prob living in some Mcmansion in Meath himself/herself , it's the same mindset as bus drivers who leave the lights on in the bus on night journeys and then refuse to turn them off , pure disregard for anybody but themselves.

Please please stop some day and get pictures!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

A perfect place for a brothel, just look at the frontage, all it needs is for the light bulb to be painted red!

Yeah, great location alright. I always feel like a bag of chips after the deed :D.

• Advertisement

Custardpi wrote: »
    Yeah, great location alright. I always feel like a bag of chips after the deed :D.
    Do you want fries with that sir? :pac:

That place would get noisy enough at night too, with people coming and going from the chipper, not to mention the rows,.
    Unfortunate location for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

John Gilligans gaff for sale in Lucan, via CAB, decent price.

He's out in August though. Do you dare?

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=714748

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

niallo24 wrote: »

To live in Lucan? no thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

niallo24 wrote: »

Bit underwhelming for a gang lord isn't it?

check out the grave in the back garden:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

650 euro for a single bed, FFS. Fair enough very central location but still.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=723906

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

marnie d wrote: »
    650 euro for a single bed, FFS. Fair enough very central location but still.

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=723906

Not worth it - it appears to have been built sideways.

Mousewar wrote: »
    Not worth it - it appears to have been built sideways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Pic 2 Wonder if the contents of the hall stand are included in the sale? http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=721219

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=675995

Oh Lordy Lordy Lordy - includes such gems as:

"Are you a mindful, soulful or willing to be so? Health, eco, inner peace etc? Then discounts up to 80€ per room are available!"

and....

PLEASE EMAIL about your awareness and personal responsibility towards Yourself (body, mind, spirit, future), Collective Body (external environment), also after reading, please, write your wishes to housemates, we'll email you more details and some questions about discounts based on your awareness, ok?

How does this even work realistically? "You've been scored a 50% for self awareness, and we've applied a €40 discount. Please try to be more aware next time or we'll be forced to take action".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Bawnmore wrote: »

"Are you a mindful, soulful or willing to be so? Health, eco, inner peace etc? Then discounts up to 80€ per room are available!"

and....

PLEASE EMAIL about your awareness and personal responsibility towards Yourself (body, mind, spirit, future), Collective Body (external environment), also after reading, please, write your wishes to housemates, we'll email you more details and some questions about discounts based on your awareness, ok?

How does this even work realistically? "You've been scored a 50% for self awareness, and we've applied a €40 discount. Please try to be more aware next time or we'll be forced to take action".

That place again , what fresh hell is this? , sounds like a middle class new-agers commune. Smiles and yoga hugs covering up a mountain of rage and constipation alleviated only by the binges on psyllium husks and coffee enemas. The ironic thing is for all their ecological concern the house has an awful BER rating!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bawnmore wrote: »

and....

:rolleyes:

sozq.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

One of the weirdest places I've seen available for rent :confused:

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1354670

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

What's weird about it??

face1990 wrote: »
    What's weird about it??

It's a load of houses inside what looks like a warehouse, it reminds me of an abandoned town. I dunno it just weirds me out, it looks so artificial.

• Advertisement

I think it's quite nice! It makes it very secure and private too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Lyra Fangs wrote: »
    It's a load of houses inside what looks like a warehouse, it reminds me of an abandoned town. I dunno it just weirds me out, it looks so artificial.

Full of brothels that place, genuinely. The weirdness would be the least of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Is that designed to get around planning restrictions? ie build within an existing structure, after so many years your entitled to get retroactive planning permission approved and thus can tumble the big warehouse over it and keep the flats? no privacy in them, your huge bedroom window looks across into someone elses bedroom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Full of brothels that place, genuinely. The weirdness would be the least of your problems.

How do you know this? Just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

How do you know this? Just curious!

I had friends living there about 10 years ago. They were nearly driven nuts, the Guards raided the place about once a week to catch people and there were always odd men wandering the corridors.

One of my mates did throw a basin of water into the courtyard to break up a party one night at about 2am though, that was quite funny.

I know someone who lives there at the moment & hasn't had any problems. The place is eerily quiet any time I've been in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I know someone who lives there at the moment & hasn't had any problems. The place is eerily quiet any time I've been in there!

Your friend has probably just told his/her coworkers to hide :P.

What's weird about it??
    It reminds me of one of those sci-fi films where they have to build a city under glass because the world is uninhabitable due to a disaster!

It reminds me of one of those sci-fi films where they have to build a city under glass because the world is uninhabitable due to a disaster!

It looks like the set of some post apocalyptic movie.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one that likes it??

It does have a post-zombie-apolcalypse-shopping-centre vibe, but that has a certain charm to it! :D
    It's certainly better than most places on this thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement