Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thargor wrote: »
    Isnt that suspiciously cheap for a city centre luxury home? Ive paid a grand for a sh1tbox in the Galway suburbs in the past...

€1200 is about the going rate for a 2 bed place in the city centre of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I actually love the colours in that house.......

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

The sitting room...sweet jebus...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=534844

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Lima Golf wrote: »

Terrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=728425

I'm seeing red and all on 0.5 acres.
    Was there anything money couldn't buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Considering the asking price would they not have hired someone who can operate a camera to take the pictures? Like the nearest 8-year old.

Im looking for a place to live short term in Athlone at the moment and the most irritating thing is room in a house share, showing up in the house to let section. Like you see "2 bed Apartment - 60 euro a week", so you add that up and think its either really good value or too good to be true, and then you find out its 60 euro a week per bedroom, and they have already let out one of the bedrooms. Quite frustrating. Also see lots of ads with one single photo of the outside of the property. As bad as the pictures up above are, at least you get an idea of the place. The single photo, or even worse, just the agents logo, are instantly added to my ignore list. If they can't be bothered to put up a couple of pictures, how diligent are they going to be when you have a leaky tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It looks like someone let a 12 year old girl pick the decor in the house :eek:

Olde Worlde Modernised flat in middle of nowhere.

Picture 4 shows the staircase which looks like a kind of Franken-staircase, cobbled together from bits of other stair cases. And picture 6 shows the spacious kitchen. Id have difficulty not putting my head in that oven every morning.

All yours for the steal of 300 a month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

syklops wrote: »

Picture 4 shows the staircase which looks like a kind of Franken-staircase, cobbled together from bits of other stair cases. And picture 6 shows the spacious kitchen. Id have difficulty not putting my head in that oven every morning.

Free crying chair with every realisation that you actually rented the house.

Free crying chair with every realisation that you actually rented the house.

That showed up in my shortlist.

Kill me now.

WTF is with all the cushions in the bedroom?! (pic 8)

So they put all the toys in the sitting room and all the cushions in the bedroom?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

WTF is with all the cushions in the bedroom?! (pic 8)

So they put all the toys in the sitting room and all the cushions in the bedroom?? :pac:

That sitting room creeps me out. No place to sit, all those beady eyes watching you and imagine the dust!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Where does the door under the staircase lead to ? :confused:

I assume a very small utility cupboard.

To be honest I think the stairs would be too rickety with out the door. Wouldn't like to be coming down the stairs when someone opens that door.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Considering the asking price would they not have hired someone who can operate a camera to take the pictures? Like the nearest 8-year old.

Im looking for a place to live short term in Athlone at the moment and the most irritating thing is room in a house share, showing up in the house to let section. Like you see "2 bed Apartment - 60 euro a week", so you add that up and think its either really good value or too good to be true, and then you find out its 60 euro a week per bedroom, and they have already let out one of the bedrooms. Quite frustrating. Also see lots of ads with one single photo of the outside of the property. As bad as the pictures up above are, at least you get an idea of the place. The single photo, or even worse, just the agents logo, are instantly added to my ignore list. If they can't be bothered to put up a couple of pictures, how diligent are they going to be when you have a leaky tap?

I took a chance on an ad with no photos before, turned out to be the nicest apartment I've ever rented.

Lemsiper wrote: »
    I took a chance on an ad with no photos before, turned out to be the nicest apartment I've ever rented.

Its not just about how the property looks. I use it as a yard stick for how diligent the landlord is. I mean if they can't be bothered to take a few snaps with their phone, what will be they like when you need them to fix a leaky tap, or worse?

Its not just about how the property looks. I use it as a yard stick for how diligent the landlord is. I mean if they can't be bothered to take a few snaps with their phone, what will be they like when you need them to fix a leaky tap, or worse?

Oh ya its absoluetly not all about how it looks, I'm making the point that I'd have missed out on the fantastic property if I'd had the same attitude as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Rothmans wrote: »
    I hope the buzzer chime is 'BONG'. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

Checked into this thread for the first time in months, looked at that place in Mountjoy Sq. and I am instantly depressed.

The hookah?
    The French hookah, (picture 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

what a lovely vase!

I reckon there won't be any shortage of bowls in this house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

and how could it be opened? for me, it looks like the radiator is sitting directly in front of the door and blocking it....veeeeery suspicious room.
    horrible place anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

mad turnip wrote: »
    what a lovely vase!

I reckon there won't be any shortage of bowls in this house.

and tinfoil!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Rothmans wrote: »
    You will live with 4 other guys (men). Currently, there are:
    - 1 Italian.
    - 1 Mexican.
    - 2 Brazilian.
    Combine that with the "4 hotplate" kitchen solution and I reckon this is an ample opportunity to learn how to say "I'm going to my crying chair for some gentleman's relaxation" in Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. This will allow the urbane gent to live in depressing bachelor accomodation worldwide.

Oh ya its absoluetly not all about how it looks, I'm making the point that I'd have missed out on the fantastic property if I'd had the same attitude as yourself.

Well you were very lucky, but if I went out to see every house or flat that had no pictures I'd still be looking for my first flat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I can't pinpoint what I find funny about this place, but it doesn't feel right:

http://www.rent.ie/houses-to-let/Old-Court-Road-Firhouse-Tallaght-Dublin-24-South-Co-Dublin/1371846/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement