Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

www.daft.ie/21406835
    Jaysus, "Please note that this is a small unit". No sh!t.

Wow, I haven't seen something like that in 12/13 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

www.daft.ie/21406835

It has Central Heating.

A candle would heat that place !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

www.daft.ie/21406835
    They sure like that shower! :pac:

I wouldn't like to sit up suddenly in that bed, be handy for answering the door though!

They sure like that shower! :pac:

I wouldn't like to sit up suddenly in that bed, be handy for answering the door though!

If it was half the price I'd live there for a month as a challenge.

I am totally and utterly fucked up of looking for somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭SuperS54

They sure like that shower!

Looks like 2 different electric showers in there:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭The Narrator

www.daft.ie/21406835

Price was previously €670 per month? Am I right?

I have this shoebox on offer for €200pm, mobile, can be placed in a number of city locations....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

www.daft.ie/21406835

That is shocking. Am not sure what would be worse, living in a (barely) converted corridor or sleeping on a bed in a living room with someone else's traumatised small cat looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

www.daft.ie/21406835

should have added "would suit ex submarine personnel"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

www.daft.ie/21406835

You'd get more living space in The Joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I presume this has been posted previously as the original of the species

The Crying Chair

Link

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

laugh wrote: »
    If it was half the price I'd live there for a month as a challenge.

I am totally and utterly fucked up of looking for somewhere.

Im sick of looking as well. Tbh if it was a double bed, I would consider it, because it is a good location. You could eat out most of the time. Lease 1 year minimum. Jaysus, I wouldnt want to enter into a 1 year lease though. It would be somewhere Id stay for a few months while I find somewhere decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Wonder what possessed the LL to put the price up by 140 euro last month. Probably put in the kettle or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Most of these places genuinely make me sad that someone might end up living in them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭Penn

www.daft.ie/21406835

It's not small, it's cosy. After a long hard day at work, you could come home and have a nice relaxing sit under the microwave.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

www.daft.ie/21406835

Oh, I have the exact same crying chair in my place! :eek:

One single bed located in a spacious living room available in a two bedroom apartment. That bed was usually for guests, but since we're barely at home and using the place, we've decided to let it.

Please note that this is only for short term stay, between one month to three although this can be reviewed.

The living room is well seperated with a door to the other rooms of the apartment; therefor you can expect a high level of privacy and noiselessness. Set of drawers are also available next to the bed to keep your belongings.

Note that you will be sharing the apartment with two young profesionals (A guy and a girl) in their mid-twenties, and also a small cat.

The living room is well seperated with a door?!? giving you a high level of privacy. A high level of privacy compared to where? A bedroom with no door?

Seriously, is this a joke?

Does anyone else suspect in that one that the set of drawers might actually be in kitchen units? There's no sign of them anywhere else in the pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's not small, it's cosy. After a long hard day at work, you could come home and have a nice relaxing sit under the microwave.

Credit where it's due. I've tears rolling down my face at that! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Does anyone else suspect in that one that the set of drawers might actually be in kitchen units? There's no sign of them anywhere else in the pictures.
    You didn't quote anyone but if it's the one I'm thinking of, the bed is is the sitting room. They have a picture of a (relatively) spacious sitting room, then a picture of the blue chest of drawers and then they try to slip in the one where the bed is beside the blue chest of drawers.

I wonder do you need a 1.1 to live here?: http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=748624

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    You didn't quote anyone but if it's the one I'm thinking of, the bed is is the sitting room. They have a picture of a (relatively) spacious sitting room, then a picture of the blue chest of drawers and then they try to slip in the one where the bed is beside the blue chest of drawers.

But those are bookshelves, not drawers..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I wonder do you need a 1.1 to live here?: http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=748624

You get a discount if you have a Ph.D. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

i love how all the pictures are stretched to twice original width and the place still looks ridiculously narrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

For some reason I always find a "Sold" or "For Sale" sign more off putting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

doughef wrote: »
    I have to say..

This thread smacks of smug arseholes!!
    Actually if you read the thread you would see that that is the opposite of what is going on here.
    Most of these adds appear to be directed at people who possibly cannot afford anyplace else to live.
    Rubbish. There was a recent letting for an apartment for €1,100 a month that didn't even have a washing machine. Who can afford that?
    They could probably do without a crowd of condescending pricks judging the only place they can afford..
    Find me one post in this thread where someone has been a condescending prick towards someone who is on a shoe string budget. The general tone of this thread has been to mock landlords who charge inflated prices for substandard accommodation.

As much as we make fun of the landlords for having the neck to advertise these places, I think this poster has summed it up perfectly:
    SV wrote: »
    Most of these places genuinely make me sad that someone might end up living in them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

could be the cat might be vacating these drawers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Would this be considered a joke? I find it quite funny.

The address is the reason for the ridiculous price I guess.

66Sqm for 325K, lol...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=744831&ea=1&fr=default

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Would this be considered a joke? I find it quite funny.

The address is the reason for the ridiculous price I guess.

66Sqm for 325K, lol...

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=744831&ea=1&fr=default

I wouldn't take it for 100k less

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Wow.

Third level qualification is required as the existing house mates are all either professionals or post graduate students. We will do a viewing on Saturday and invite expressions of interest to be put to the other house mates, our preference is for a couple with good english or basic english but with a track record in other languages such as spanish, Italian or French. The social aspect to this house cannot be underestimated, however it is also self contained and quiet.

What a fruity ad.

• Advertisement

What a fruity ad.

They sound a bit up themselves to be honest.

I never went to college but I am still good in the talking and righting of Engli$h.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement