Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Houses/Flats to rent

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

Wow.

Third level qualification is required as the existing house mates are all either professionals or post graduate students. We will do a viewing on Saturday and invite expressions of interest to be put to the other house mates, our preference is for a couple with good english or basic english but with a track record in other languages such as spanish, Italian or French. The social aspect to this house cannot be underestimated, however it is also self contained and quiet.

What a fruity ad.

Oh my god, would you actually want to live with these people??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

For some reason I keep thinking Shallow Grave....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

You'd want to rope yourself into the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

niallo24 wrote: »

That one came up 2 pages ago.

Still laughing at Penncil Dick's comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wow.

Third level qualification is required as the existing house mates are all either professionals or post graduate students. We will do a viewing on Saturday and invite expressions of interest to be put to the other house mates, our preference is for a couple with good english or basic english but with a track record in other languages such as spanish, Italian or French. The social aspect to this house cannot be underestimated, however it is also self contained and quiet.

What a fruity ad.
    syklops wrote: »
    They sound a bit up themselves to be honest.

I never went to college but I am still good in the talking and righting of Engli$h.
    MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    Oh my god, would you actually want to live with these people??? :eek:
    Seems to have been edited now, maybe one of them is on Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1414964

Come home after a long hard day, relax on your couch and watch.....your microwave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

ash23 wrote: »

Come home after a long hard day, relax on your couch and watch.....your microwave?

It's a palace compared to the Ranelagh box a couple of pages back. At least the bed isn't your kitchen table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Eutow wrote: »
    It's a palace compared to the Ranelagh box a couple of pages back. At least the bed isn't your kitchen table.

agree, i would jump at that if it was in ranelagh...if it was it would be around 900 yoyo's a month+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Ah lads will ye post up the pictures from imgur or something - nothing more frustrating than clicking on links to crappy houses that have been removed! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Mint Aero wrote: »

Wow! I really can't think of any explanation other than that the landlord is a pervert who'll be watching you all day through his hidden camera network.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Mousewar wrote: »
    Wow! I really can't think of any explanation other than that the landlord is a pervert who'll be watching you all day through his hidden camera network.

you can see a shadow of him holding the camera in the picture of the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

M5 wrote: »

And by him you mean her... unless you will be sharing the flat with a dude with moobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Nah, I'd say that's the shadow of a previous tenant reaching up in a desperate attempt to disable the camera that records his every waking moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

What else would you be doing in your crying chair except watching your microwave 'meal for one' spin as you contemplated how it is that life has come down to this?......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

And by him you mean her... unless you will be sharing the flat with a dude with moobs

didn't really look at it for long enough, saw the shadow which made it pretty clear it wasn't a hidden camera

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

didn't really look at it for long enough, saw the shadow which made it pretty clear it wasn't a hidden camera

To be honest, I just wanted to type moobs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Stop spoiling it :( it's clearly the perv posing trying to make it like he's holding a camera so you won't be suspicious of the little holes in the wall when you arrive...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I know, it's a link from the journal, but the daft link is now gone, but it does keep to the recent pervert theme. http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/two-girls-daft-ad-1288846-Jan2014/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

"500 channels and all of them soup."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

It's supply and demand. Same amount if houses, same amount of people looking. It won't price anyone out of the market. Economics 101

That's a gross over-simplification. For starters not everyone has a house and not all housing options are equivalent. If you pass a law that removes a certain type of housing option from the market - you've already started screwing with supply and demand. We've recently shutdown bedsits, that means people who were paying a low price for a well located bedsit in Dublin have no place to go. That increases demand for low-end property in the locations that bedsits were popular - particularly around schools. Sure, those bedsits might be restructured but however many bedsits get removed, fewer apartments will be created.

That's an increase in demand and a reduction in supply.

Again - if what you are saying is true - there is no reason not to increase the legal minimums even higher. Why not pass a law that says everyone should have their own house? After all, living in an apartment building is quite uncomfortable at times, and lots people would rather not. Things aren't free. The cost ultimately gets paid by someone, and it'll always be the tenants that pay it. Landlords that don't make money don't stay landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭aidoh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

aidoh wrote: »

hahaha, and someone likes to use photoshop and stretch their images to make the inside look bigger to a ridiculous level...look at pics 11 and 12...the chair and bed...hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

aidoh wrote: »

I don't follow? Guinness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Newaglish wrote: »
    I don't follow? Guinness?

Look on top of the kitchen units ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I know, it's a link from the journal, but the daft link is now gone, but it does keep to the recent pervert theme. http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/two-girls-daft-ad-1288846-Jan2014/

omg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Fancy living on a building site?

http://www.daft.ie/21416946

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fancy living on a building site?

http://www.daft.ie/21416946

'Unfurnished' should say unfinished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

petes wrote: »
    'Unfurnished' should say unfinished!

lol i love the 'Ample parking' line....meaning huge wasteland area to 'park' your car

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement