Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30-Minute (€47) or 60-Minute (€92) Flying Lesson [Daily Deal Site]

Options
  • 05-02-2011 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭

Offer is on LivingSocial.com (a Groupon/Citydeal competitor) as today's daily deal. The lesson is with a company in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, called 'Flightwise'. A quick search on boards.ie seems to indicate that Flightwise is a respectable establishment.

Here's the link: http://livingsocial.com/deals/23775-flying-lesson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

They are reputable. I done several hours with them a few years ago and they are excellent. Thats a very good price for a trial lesson. Flying is an expensive business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Incredible, thank you! Booked in for the hour. Would appreciate referrals too once OP gets two more sales ;)https://livingsocial.com

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Lads, we dont allow refferals in BA, with the exception of a few already mentioned as both parties get the benefit. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

The one thing that I would be a little concerned about is the fact that it is only valid for 6 months and already 747 people have purchased the deal. Actually finding a date that is covered by the offer could be difficult when one goes to book.

johnfás wrote: »
    The one thing that I would be a little concerned about is the fact that it is only valid for 6 months and already 747 people have purchased the deal. Actually finding a date that is covered by the offer could be difficult when one goes to book.

Fair point. Book early Id say. You will have a better chance of getting a slot on a weekday. Also be prepared for cancellation if the weather is poor. And poor weather aviation wise is not always the same as poor weather generally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

johnfás wrote: »

Boeing 747 ... coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kodu

I phoned them 7th of February to book appointment they advised me that will send a confirmation sms the same day. But they didn't. I emailed them 10th of February and they responded as they were quite busy and would arrange booking asap. And I haven't heard from them since. They don't respond to emails and answer phone calls anymore.

Did anybody get the booking. It doesn't look great :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

When I phoned the mobile number to make a booking, the guy was not in the office. He did say they would be going through the list of respondents and contacting them to arrange a suitable lesson date.

That was 10 days ago and I've heard nothing from them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It sounds to me that the company simply isn't equipped to handle the surge in demand. http://gesterling.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/the-dark-side-of-groupon-sites/

AdMMM wrote: »
    It sounds to me that the company simply isn't equipped to handle the surge in demand. http://gesterling.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/the-dark-side-of-groupon-sites/

Guy I spoke to didn't let on to be concerned that they wouldn't be able to cope with the demand (time-wise, at least).

• Advertisement

kodu wrote: »
    I phoned them 7th of February to book appointment they advised me that will send a confirmation sms the same day. But they didn't. I emailed them 10th of February and they responded as they were quite busy and would arrange booking asap. And I haven't heard from them since. They don't respond to emails and answer phone calls anymore.

Did anybody get the booking. It doesn't look great :(

Cant speak for the email side of things but when they are flying thay cant answer the phone and expect them to be flying a lot more because of this offer...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Darn people replying to this thread today, though the offer was on today and signed up to the site :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kodu

I received the booking SMS, my lesson is booked on 03 April. :)
    Looking forward it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I too am waiting on an sms with booking date - just gave them a ring again there to remind them.

Reminder that vouchers expire tomorrow (Fri 6th Aug). You must at least contact Flightwise with your voucher number by then.

When I phoned yesterday, the message on the Flightwise mobile number (0851405756) told me to contact their landline number (01 2910148).

Edit: Can mod mark this deal as expired?

Advertisement