Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photo gallery in HTML

Options
  • 05-02-2011 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

ok heres the deal, I'm building a website for someone i know, the deadline is looming as the business is going to be launched soon and i need to know is there anyway to embed picasa galleries, or something like it in an iframe or the likes?

I really need help here and anything you guys could do to help me which doesnt go any further than basic HTML, id be really appreciative.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

sherdydan wrote: »
    ok heres the deal, I'm building a website for someone i know, the deadline is looming as the business is going to be launched soon and i need to know is there anyway to embed picasa galleries, or something like it in an iframe or the likes?

I really need help here and anything you guys could do to help me which doesnt go any further than basic HTML, id be really appreciative.

If you use picasa or any iframe then you're losing potential SEO points in image captions, etc.

So if it's a site for a business I'd reconsider that.

Is there a reason for doing it in just HTML? There are lots of options if you use JavaScript, and if you can combine that with PHP for thumbnail generation you get a McG better result that runs faster, has pagination options and is easier to maintain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭sherdydan

reason im using HTML only is because thats all i know, i can go with javascript if theres some kind of easy to use template, most solutions require stuff like PHP which i cant use on the webhosting package i have, i didnt get with PHP because i cant use it.

cheers for the help so far!

p.s. a search engine not recognising the images isnt a big deal seeing as its a fashion website so the items arent easily distinguishable through simple search terms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Maybe try something like this tutorial

http://www.webreference.com/programming/css_gallery/

There are better solutions (e.g. jQuery) but if you don't know any programming whatsoever the above tutorial might be the best option for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have a look at how to embed a pix.ie gallery into your site
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056139776

It is a nice feature that will allow the business to expand the gallery on pix.ie and auto update to the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

what about jquery based gallery

something like this

there is a tutorial on how to do it

just put your reference to each of the image in the page and off you go add jquery library and off you go.

Also if time is pressing get the images linked from the picassa up and just manually create the pages in HTML fix up something more user friendly after the rush.

• Advertisement
Advertisement