Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission conditional for pub at Barker House, Church Road, Greystones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

conditions all fairly standard - I wonder if they actually have someone lined up to open a pub there? There's 2 vacant pub premises in the town already, but if they've gone to the trouble of getting change-of-use permission you'd have to think there's somebody waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

where exactly is this in greystones?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

The new buildings opposite extra vision. Unit next to sports cuts. There was a pop up art gallery in it before xmas

Jimjay wrote: »
    The new buildings opposite extra vision. Unit next to sports cuts. There was a pop up art gallery in it before xmas

That will be kinda small won't it?

<<snip>>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

3 vacant units don't firget the tapas place is gone now too!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

3 vacant units don't firget the tapas place is gone now too!!
    loyatemu was specifically referring to pub premises

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 weeseywoo

I believe it will be a Sports Bar (as in big tellys and framed foot ball shirts) and is a venture belonging to the same guy as Sports Cuts...well obviously. He must have got a good deal on the lease perhaps, or had already made plans prior to Mauzac going west.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Great!...Just what we need! A bar that shows football golf and horse racing all day, just up the road from a bar that shows football golf and horse racing all day.

Cant fail really can it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

except for the youger generation who will be running it. maybe a bit of atmosphere on the mainstreet in a ba? Well needed, might even force the other pubs to do something apart from just provide a room with chairs and televesions.

except for the youger generation who will be running it. maybe a bit of atmosphere on the mainstreet in a ba? Well needed, might even force the other pubs to do something apart from just provide a room with chairs and televesions.

Fact. I hope it doesn't go the way of Script/Woodlands lodge/greystones Inn... I think the Byrnes have put a curse on this town :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Fact. I hope it doesn't go the way of Script/Woodlands lodge/greystones Inn... I think the Byrnes have put a curse on this town :confused:

LOL.:D

Byrne witchcraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Fiachra2 wrote: »
    Great!...Just what we need! A bar that shows Rugby golf and horse racing all day, just up the road from a bar that shows Soccer golf and horse racing all day.

Cant fail really can it...

There, fixed your post!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement