Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers Vs Celtic Scottish Cup 5th Round 12:15 Sunday

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Pauleta wrote: »
    El Hadji Diouf is way too good for Scotland. He was a cut above everyone on the pitch. He did well not to be provoked by Brown as well.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nowhere near best player at Rangers even, never mind Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Pauleta wrote: »
    El Hadji Diouf is way too good for Scotland. He was a cut above everyone on the pitch. He did well not to be provoked by Brown as well.

What are you on about? He wouldn't have made that Celtic team today, even if he was a good guy and not a parasite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Rangers fans showing their class by cheering such a disgusting individual as Diouf, there's no dignity in that.

The hyposcrisy of this speaks for itself.

On one hand you are laughing off scumbags who throw coins at players, on the other you are deriding football supporters for supporting their team.

Ludicrous bobby, ludicrous.

Eirebear wrote: »
    On one hand you are laughing off scumbags who throw coins at players,

Ludicrous bobby, ludicrous.

When you get off your high horse mate you might point that post out to me - thanks!

When you get off your high horse mate you might point that post out to me - thanks!

Ah you didnt post anything mate, quite happy to "thank" posts doing just that though.
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but i dont think there is much chance of you condemning the Celtic supporters throwing coins.

Dont give me your nonsense about High Horses dude, you and the majority of the Celtic support have been on the highest of high horses with regards to that "disgusting individual" since he signed.

A trip to Inverness for the winners of the replay.

Not sure either team want it now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

What a match! Celtic lorded it even with 10 men. Can only see 1 winner at C.P. if thats anything to go by. Celtic looked streets ahead of Rangers, just like the Ibrox league game. They can thank mcshagger for his wondersave near the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

What a gutless performance from Rangers, I thought Celtic going down to 10 men would even things up for the 2nd half but it clearly didn't.

I know I'd be disgusted if roles were reversed and Celtic played that poorly against a 10 man Rangers team in Celtic Park.

Out of interest was the linesman who wrongly judged Samaras offside the same one who happened to miss Hamilton's offside last time against Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Eirebear wrote: »
    A trip to Inverness for the winners of the replay.

Not sure either team want it now! :D

Why, Inverness is a nice place, Caley is not that much of a major hurdle and who wants the treble, has to go there...and it will be the Bhoys, I hope.

Anyway, a cracker of a match that was, beautiful goal scored by Scott Brown and that face on Naismith and the other H*** when he was sent off, terrific :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

Rangers were lucky to get a draw.

• Advertisement

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Why, Inverness is a nice place, Caley is not that much of a major hurdle and who wants the treble, has to go there...and it will be the Bhoys, I hope.

Anyway, a cracker of a match that was, beautiful goal scored by Scott Brown and that face on Naismith and the other H*** when he was sent off, terrific :D

Yeah its a lovely place, but its a horrible trip from Glasgow and back on a miserable winters day! ;)

Yeah your right, true class from Brown - he really rose above it didnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Best Old Firm game for a while. Celtic just went for it second half and McGreagor's save was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Out of interest was the linesman who wrongly judged Samaras offside the same one who happened to miss Hamilton's offside last time against Celtic?

Just checked and yes, it was the same guy who cost us 2 points against Hamilton.

Just checked and yes, it was the same guy who cost us 2 points against Hamilton.

And the same guy who missed Hooper lashing out at Weir in the first half.

C'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

we dominated the game with 10 men, it feels like a win. :)

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    mcshagger

I don't know who to direct this to... but this is a nickname that McGregor has that even his own fans call him.

He likes the women apparently and this name is not a reference to the sexual assault allegations that were against him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

we dominated the game with 10 men, it feels like a win. :)

Have to disagree with that..
    In the end looking back, I thought we should have won. Rangers were muck, Celtic totally dominated the game and i think Rangers are on a steep slide. 40 year old CB and sell two decent goal scorers.

Have to disagree with that..
    In the end looking back, I thought we should have won. Rangers were muck, Celtic totally dominated the game and i think Rangers are on a steep slide. 40 year old CB and sell two decent goal scorers.

Can't have any complaints with the result given the circumstances. Even if Rangers had snatched it in the end I would still have been very happy with that performance.
    Playing with 10 men like that in the derby away from home, it really was terrific stuff. Shows that we are no longer pushovers when we go a goal down, Lennon has built up a great spirit in the team and to top it off has us playing some excellent football. Things are looking very bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Only saw the first half but it was very decent.

When's the replay?

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Only saw the first half but it was very decent.

When's the replay?

2nd of March which is a Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Watched the bits of the game I missed today (;) ) and Celtic controlled the game after the initial few minutes. Diouf is a good player although it will take a lot more than being good to get back onside with a lot of football fans (especially Celtic fans).

I was very pleased with Brown today and what a peach of a goal. The Celtic team look as if they mean busines and this was without our preferred strike partnership.

As for Rangers, I think Smith has got a problem as his favoured 4-5-1 looks like it will not be as effective without Miller. They may have to open up to get support for Jelavic which goes against the grain for Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ColeTrain wrote: »
    2nd of March which is a Wednesday.

The police will be loving that :pac:

Wednesday at 9am kick-off, yeah? :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    The police will be loving that :pac:

Wednesday at 9am kick-off, yeah? :pac:

Stadium will be half full, all the kids will be at school :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I have my day planned out

09:50 - 10:00 Travel to mass
    10:00 - 10:50 Mass (youngest making his communion in May)
    10:50 - 11:00 Travel home
    11:00 - 11:45 Egg, sausage, rashers & potato scone all in 2 rolls with a cup of tea
    11:45 - 12:00 Drop wife and youngest son off to Blantyre Gym
    12:00 - 12:15 Travel home
    12:15 - 14:05 Watch the mighty Celts whip TFOD in glourious HD and 5.1 surround sound
    14:05 - 14:20 Pick up wife and son
    14:20 - 16:00 Watch replays of Celtics fine win, browse internet
    16:00 - 17:50 Watch Chelsea v Liverpool in HD

My wife says I am a sad git for the above!!

Enjoy

Well, did you enjoy it? I did, GIRUY Torres! ;)

I don't know who to direct this to... but this is a nickname that McGregor has that even his own fans call him.

He likes the women apparently and this name is not a reference to the sexual assault allegations that were against him.
    I got a warning for calling him that believe it or not!!!:mad:.Anyway I'll get over it.

• Advertisement

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    I got a warning for calling him that believe it or not!!!:mad:.Anyway I'll get over it.

Ach, i'd have given you one just for your username! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,379 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

PauloMN wrote: »
    Well, did you enjoy it? I did, GIRUY Torres! ;)

Actually the game was sh1te, I am only happy because it dents the title aspiration of Chelsea

Actually the game was sh1te, I am only happy because it dents the title aspiration of Chelsea
    That game was brutal.The O.F. was miles better entertainment. Hyped up EPL as usual.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I agree, the "Old Firm" (shudder... hate that expression) game was cracking today it has to be said. Best game for a long time imo, had it all - 4 goals, 2 sending offs, countless yellows, and Brown acting the mickey. :)

Thought Celtic played some great football, was a bit surprised at Rangers when Forster went off - thought they'd dominate more. They really miss Miller.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I agree, the "Old Firm" (shudder... hate that expression) game was cracking today it has to be said. Best game for a long time imo, had it all - 4 goals, 2 sending offs, countless yellows, and Brown acting the mickey. :)

Thought Celtic played some great football, was a bit surprised at Rangers when Forster went off - thought they'd dominate more. They really miss Miller.
    Miss Miller awful so they do. Im so glad to see the back of him.:D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

ziggy wrote: »
    He has to. I mean HAS TO be on the windup. HAS TO BE.Or else his brain works at one fifth of the speed that a normal brain works at.

ziggy wrote: »

If you've read any of that posters other gems, you'll realise that he/she/whatever is a total WUM. ;)

Advertisement