Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping a shelf to fireplace

• 06-02-2011 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi guys this might be an unusual one but does anyone no if this would work, I have a fireplace but want to put dvd player etc on it but not wide enough. I was thinking of getting a shelf same size as fire place but wide enough to suit my needs and was wondering if there is any tpes of clamps or similar type things that could keep shelf attached to fire place without drilling and having a some what acceptable appearance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

you could sit the shelf on the existing fire surround and fix it in place by using L brackets screwed into the wall. it would be easier to repair the wall then the fireplace and the dvd ect would hide the L brackets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah L brackets or else fixing blocks

p1020452-300x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

was hoping to avoid screwing anything into the wall all together but seems this the only method.

Advertisement