Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a certain snack

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

There's a possibility (if you're near dundrum shopping centre) - on the second floor, in the middle (not the ends) there's a gourmet type shop - I think it's owned by Harvey Nichols, they stock the likes of Lucky Charms and other stuff, I've gotten Hello Panda biscuits in there. They *may* have Pocky, but again I can't be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Anyone know if you can get Pocky anywhere in Ireland/Dublin??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocky

My sister was looking for these and she ended up ordering a few flavours online. She ended up getting it off some Japanese site she can't remember the name of. She was a little underwhelmed by them once she got a hold of them. I'll be in Harvey Nichols tomorrow nitromaster, if I see them I will let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In Europe Pocky was renamed Mikado. Mikado can be found at most supermarkets, as well as at many international food stores
    I have definitely seen those mikado packs, can't recall where though...
    Mikado.png

I'd be looking in the asian supermarkets for the original ones.

EDIT:
    bedlam wrote: »
    The Asian Market on abbey street in Dublin sells the original Pocky for 70c a box (although it is imported from Thailand rather than Japan, but it is the real thing). As koneko mentions jlist sells it online, and you will get all the current "flavours".
    thread from 2005 though http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=236391

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Thanks All for the replies! Will check out both places mentioned above..trying to avoid online if possible :)
    also looking for Pino's (they're like kinda ice creams) + any other Japanese snacks tbh..(but those two mainly) so I'll definately check out the Asian market. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You used to be able to get Pocky in the Asia market on Drury street. Haven't been there for a while, so don't know if it still stocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

It deffo is, was there recently, got them in the japanese aisle that faces the fridges, bottom shelf down the back.

Mmmm, pocky...

Advertisement