Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

forget the Brits - the Russian have arrived

• 06-02-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭

it used to be when you'd see a pack of Union Jack clad holidaymakers arrive at your favourite resort , it was time to take cover , and move on - not any more - having returned from abroad , the brits pale in to significance in comparison to the throngs of rubbel waving Russians , at many popular resort - everyone was giving out about them - puking on the beach, all night rave pounding music, regardless of everyone, complete discard of local custom , and bullying anyone or anything in there way - amazing - there is always two sides to everything , but the fall of communism in Eastern Europe has created a new phenomon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Wait until they buy us in a firesale after the IMF repossess us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

In soviet Russia that would be a cool story bro if it wasn't tl;dr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

thebaz wrote: »
    it used to be when you'd see a pack of Union Jack clad holidaymakers arrive at your favourite resort , it was time to take cover , and move on - not any more - having returned from abroad , the brits pale in to significance in comparison to the throngs of rubbel waving Russians , at many popular resort - everyone was giving out about them - puking on the beach, all night rave pounding music, regardless of everyone, complete discard of local custom , and bullying anyone or anything in there way - amazing - there is always two sides to everything , but the fall of communism in Eastern Europe has created a new phenomon

Yeah, it's this thing called "having fun". It's all the rage these days. The young are very good at it. But the old tend to frown upon this behaviour as a disguise of them "missing out".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

In Soviet Russia anyone who says the Russian equivalent of "Cool Story Bro" is usually sent to the gulags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

chin_grin wrote: »
    Yeah, it's this thing called "having fun". It's all the rage these days. The young are very good at it. But the old tend to frown upon this behaviour as a disguise of them "missing out".

puking on a beach mid afternoon , regardless of local custom , is pretty sick in my mind , if that is fun , i'm glad i'm getting old - and it wasnt just the young

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

where? in ireland? what beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

Anyone who goes to a package holiday resort and expects not to run into loutish antics of the kind you described, is in fairness kidding themselves.

But yeah, we should try and rebuild the Iron Curtain pronto.

tl;dr? You're joking right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Before you decide on your holliers, take a look at the website for the local holiday rental agencies and local restaurants. You'll get a good idea of who mainly uses the resort depending on the language used and if there are a larger grouping of particular restaurants. The place I used to go as a kid had most of the websites translated to German and French, but not English, and loads of German restaurants, so it was fairly easy to figure out who'd be heading there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

the brits pale in to significance in comparison

Can I ride a dinasour into combat in this alternate universe of yours?

Can I, Can I, Can I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The fall of the Berlin wall has been a disaster for Europe

The fall of the Berlin wall has been a disaster for Europe

After seeing some of the hot eastern european women around the place i'd have to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 QuimWedge

After seeing some of the hot eastern european women around the place i'd have to disagree.

I thought they were a myth. Like hot Russian brides... those punks don't even offer a refund!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is a serious discussion not a knocking shop

Welcome to AH, where people don't have a rod up their backside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

:confused::confused::confused:

who are you and what have you done with SEPT 23 1989???

Serious discussion in AH?

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

прохладная история братан

Advertisement