Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuna in water, where to get?

• 06-02-2011 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe could go in Food but it's for a cat so :)
    Occasionally the cat gets tuna at the weekend and I thought I'd get some this weekend in Dunnes but they only had tuna in brine and other stuff, not water.

He doesn't like tuna in brine and also I think it's better to not give him oily food. Rinsing the brine off didn't work, so damn picky that cat...
    Since Dunnes Headford Rd doesn't seem to carry it now (I didn't ask if they're getting it again) can anyone tell me where they get tuna in water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

I know Marks and Spencers did tuna in spring water - could be a bit pricey though. Could you use tuna or another fish in tomatoe sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I'm pretty sure I have bought tuna also in "spring water" in either Dunnes or Tesco's in Dublin so if it's not in store then ask the manager to get it in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had a friend on a very strict no salt and no oil diet and when he was having tuna, he'd pour off the excess brine and then boil it in a saucepan in water, then drain. A lot of hassle but might keep you going for a while.

You can get tuna in spring water in sainsburys in Newry, and it's very cheap iirc. Don't know if you're anywhere near there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks guys, I'll ask in Dunnes and Tesco.
    Yeah the boiling etc is a bit excessive but he likes mackerel in tomato sauce so can do with that on occasion if I can't source tuna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

definitely bought tuna in spring water in dunnes before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

just bought some 425g tins of pilchards in tomatoe sauce in Tesco for 99 cent each. Better value than tuna. ;)

Advertisement