Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub in Melbourne for 6 nations?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Well lads what is the best place to watch the 6 nations in Melbourne? Was in the elephant and the wheelbarrow last night but was only alright like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Last year we went to The Celtic Club on Queen Street for most of the games. It was $5 entry I think but there was a good atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Nick Diamond

RedNiamhy wrote: »
    Last year we went to The Celtic Club on Queen Street for most of the games. It was $5 entry I think but there was a good atmosphere.

Yeah great atmosphere, definitely hit it.

It's also a big Liverpool bar, and big games have the best atmosphere i've ever seen in a bar. it was mental for the derby last year and the united match. Should be the same this year

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cooper90

guess ill only get to watch the welsh match seeing as the rest are on monday morning! dont think i can roll in to work half cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Charles Dickens on Collins Street is good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Yea, I second the Celtic Club for all big rugby games, gaa and football. Dont remember there been a charge on the door but its a few years since I was there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Went to the Celtic club for the Italy game but it wasn’t that good. It felt really formal in there with all the seats lined up half facing one screen half the other and no tables to put your drinks on.

Ended up leaving at half time and going to Bridie O'Reilly's on Lt. Colllens Street. The place had a better atmosphere. The Celtic club has a kind of parish hall feel to it to me.

Didn’t help that ESPN didn’t get the match until 20min in.

Advertisement