Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile question

Options
  • 06-02-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

Im presuming it's ok to start annemobile thread within here as the emobile sticky at the top is just a free for all. Like a constantly hijacked thread. If it's not ok, feel free to move.

My question is:
    I dined up as a non eircom customer on 7/15 with scheduled top up. I'm nearly 100% certain that I was due €15 free credit for 10 months. I'm now told it's €10 free for 15 months and this is what your website now says. Did I imagine the other scenario?

I'm convinced I got €15 the first month or 2!!!

It's very confusing, especially since the free credit is not applied for me automatically, I need to ring to remind the folks on 1901, which seems a little unfair. It doesn't say on the website that the free credit is only applied if we haggle for it on a monthly basis.

Also, just a small annoyance. The emobile website is impossible to use on an iPhone due to all the flash content.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

jarvis wrote: »
    Im presuming it's ok to start annemobile thread within here as the emobile sticky at the top is just a free for all. Like a constantly hijacked thread. If it's not ok, feel free to move.

My question is:
    I dined up as a non eircom customer on 7/15 with scheduled top up. I'm nearly 100% certain that I was due €15 free credit for 10 months. I'm now told it's €10 free for 15 months and this is what your website now says. Did I imagine the other scenario?

I'm convinced I got €15 the first month or 2!!!

It's very confusing, especially since the free credit is not applied for me automatically, I need to ring to remind the folks on 1901, which seems a little unfair. It doesn't say on the website that the free credit is only applied if we haggle for it on a monthly basis.

Also, just a small annoyance. The emobile website is impossible to use on an iPhone due to all the flash content.

Hi Jarvis,

Could you PM me your number so I can take a look at your account?

As per our own T&c's (found here http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/bonus_call_credit_terms_v3.pdf):
    3. Under the Offer Eligible Customers can receive up to €160 bonus call credit,
    consisting of an initial €10 bonus credit and €15 bonus credit each month over a
    period of ten (10) months.

Where did you hear the other information so I can make the appropriate updates?

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi Jarvis,

Could you PM me your number so I can take a look at your account?

As per our own T&c's (found here http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/bonus_call_credit_terms_v3.pdf):

Where did you hear the other information so I can make the appropriate updates?

-Steve

A guy called T.C. on 1901 convinced me I'd imagined the €15 for 10 months deal and it is really €10 for 15 months. It's been so all over the place with having to ring in each month in order to get the credit that I just said ok and ended the call.

Can you please chase up for me? I've pm'd my number.

Thanks

Thanks Jarvis I'll check this now.

-Steve

Thanks Jarvis I'll check this now.

-Steve

Hi Steve.

4days with no reply?

Any news??

Hi Mick,

I'm just awaiting an update from the rep who spoke to you... I can confirm for you that its €15 x ten months rather than €10 over 15 months though.

Sorry for the delay on this.

Steve

• Advertisement

Thanks Steve

But I am still missing credit as TC told me that the €10 credited to me last week was correct. Therefore I'm missing €5.

It's not great that I have had to chase this free credit for each of the 3 months I'm with Emobile. What about the customers that trust Emobile. Ye could be leaving yourselves wide open here.

Hi Steve

Still no News???

Hi Mick,

I have sorted out the credit issue for you. The €10 was not applied previously but the €15 was applied yesterday evening. I'm just getting this sorted now so you won't have to ring in again to get this applied.

Sorry again for the delay on this.

-Steve

Thanks Steve,

Thats great, got the credit. It'd be excellent to have it applied automatically. It was always suppossed to be the 2nd of each month but TC also told me it's now the 5th. Is he incorrect here also?

Thanks Steve,

Thats great, got the credit. It'd be excellent to have it applied automatically. It was always suppossed to be the 2nd of each month but TC also told me it's now the 5th. Is he incorrect here also?

Hi Mick,

As far as I am aware our system is set up so that all bonus credit is applied on the 10th of each month (It all goes out in one batch so to speak).

If their is no automatic way for this to be set up on your a/c I will apply this manually myself each month. Either way you won't have to contact us again to get this put on the a/c.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Advertisement

Thanks again

No problem.

If you need anything else please just let me know.

-Steve

Hi Steve
    Got a text today to say my €10 credit has been applied!!!!
    It's supposed to be €15 as agreed above.
    Can you check it out again?

Hi Steve
    Got a text today to say my €10 credit has been applied!!!!
    It's supposed to be €15 as agreed above.
    Can you check it out again?

Hi Michael,

I'll check that now and come back to you shortly.

-Steve

Hi Mick,

Just want to let you know I have applied the other €5 now while I follow up on this. Sorry for the hassle.

-Steve

Hi Steve

Here we go again!!! Got €10 yet again!!

Why us this a problem every single month? It's not just the three months in this thread but all 6 months I'm with emobile.

Hi Mick,

I replied to a post you made in relation to this over on the Eircom Forums on the 25th of March. Could you take a look at this and advise please?

http://letstalk.emobile.ie/Forums/thread.aspx?id=1147

Regards,

Steve

Dong see annoying relavent in that thread. What do you mean?

Dong see annoying relavent in that thread. What do you mean?

Hi Mick,

I posted the following in reply to the post you made on that thread:
    steve_emobile | Send private message

25/03/11 (10:59)
    RE : havent had my free credit
    Hi Catherine,
    I am with Emobile 5 months and have had to ring every single month to have my free credit applied. I normally ring then get told I have the date wrong and need to wait another 3 days, then I ring back the 3 days later and they manually apply credit for me, More recently they tried to convince me I only imagined getting €15 free credit and that the terms only state €10 free credit.Turns out I didn't imagine it and I am entitled to €15.
    Steve has sorted the last two months for me after I contacted him both times. We'll wait to see if it automatically happens on April 2nd (or 5th depending on who answers the phone)

Wonder how many others haven't realised they don't get the credit???
    Hi Mick,
    Just on your own query, Can I ask whether you purchased a phone and got the SIM with it or whether you got a free SIM on it's own...?
    -Steve

I need the above information to forward on to our technical team so they can investigate why the credit is not being applied to your account. Could you also please confirm your SIM number for me if possible? This is found on the back of the SIM card.

Regards,

-Steve

It's my own phone and an emobile sim.

Can the outstanding credit be applied please.

• Advertisement

It's my own phone and an emobile sim.

Can the outstanding credit be applied please.

Hi Mick,

That won't be a problem however I will need the SIM number to confirm this for our technical team.

-Steve

Hi Steve,
    I never got around to sending you my sim number so I'm still outstanding that credit from April and now I've just noticed that the exact same thing has happenned in May!!! Does this happen everyone?
    I'm PMing you my sim no now, can you please resolve once and for all?

Hi Steve,
    I never got around to sending you my sim number so I'm still outstanding that credit from April and now I've just noticed that the exact same thing has happenned in May!!! Does this happen everyone?
    I'm PMing you my sim no now, can you please resolve once and for all?

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sending me over the PM. I am forwarding this on to our tech team now to review. Will have an update for you soon.

Thanks,

-Steve

Will this take much longer Steve? It's 2 days since you sent it off for investigation. When will my last two months credit be fixed?

Hi Mick,

I got this investigated by our technical team as previously advised. As your account was SIMFREE, there were no monthly credits due to it in respect of phased credit from sign up. However credits are being applied to your account due to you account having a scheduled top up being applied. As per the T&C's:
    Eligible Customers may also avail of ongoing monthly credits of a maximum
    of ten (€10) each month for fifteen (15) months by scheduling their top up.
    Scheduled top up for a minimum of forty euro (€40) a month must be
    applied to the customers account in order for the customer to receive the
    free credit in respect of that month. Top ups may be scheduled online at
    www.emobiletopup.ie or by calling 1743. Top ups must be scheduled in
    accordance with the relevant terms and conditions of the scheduled top up
    service which are available at www.emobiletopup.ie.

These can be found here: http://www.emobile.ie/assets/static/pdfs/free_call_credit_terms_up%20to%20200_v1.pdf

From this, we can see that the correct credit is currently being applied to the account each month.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Hi Mick,

I'm just awaiting an update from the rep who spoke to you... I can confirm for you that its €15 x ten months rather than €10 over 15 months though.

Sorry for the delay on this.

Steve

????
    Hi Mick,

I have sorted out the credit issue for you. The €10 was not applied previously but the €15 was applied yesterday evening. I'm just getting this sorted now so you won't have to ring in again to get this applied.

Sorry again for the delay on this.

-Steve

???

????

???

Hi Mick,

The two quotes that you have referrenced above are correct; however they are only so when directly in referrence to phased credit from sign up. This phased credit is not applicable on your account as I discovered upon further investigation with our technical team due to you joining us on a SIM only. The credit which is currently applicable to your account is bonus credit for maintaining a scheduled top up and is the correct credit being applied to your account.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

Advertisement