Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old clothes

Options
  • 06-02-2011 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just went through a lot of old clothes, nothing wrong with them, just don't wear them and have four big bags from the whole family. Where should we put them to put them to the best use? One of the clothes bags or a shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

id say give them to a oxfam shop, theyed love to have them

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Dont use one of the clothes bags or stickers that come in the door anyway. They're not for charity. There are a few charity shops in Galway that sell clothes, Oxfam, Enable, SVdP, Simon, GSPCA

You can drop the bags into the shops and Enable have clothing banks beside most bottle banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I use either that shop on Merchants or just drop them in the big yellow yoke at Dunnes HF Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Dont use one of the clothes bags or stickers that come in the door anyway. They're not for charity. There are a few charity shops in Galway that sell clothes, Oxfam, Enable, SVdP, Simon, GSPCA.

I don't think that the Oxfam shop in Galway does used clothes.

The others do though.

Re VdP: I think they like them dropped into the building in Augustine St - there's a big shute just inside the door. And a plea from local residents: don't just drop bags outside the building when they're shut. If you do that, people come along, open the bags, take what they want and scatter the rest over the street. Waste of good stuff, and makes the streets very untidy.

Advertisement