Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good broadband in Kerry!

• 06-02-2011 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

:confused:Hey guys,:confused:

I am living 15 minutes outside of Tralee and have been getting physically violated by Permanet on my broadband! I am paying over 60 quid/pm for sub-standard broadband and I am getting tired of it. I am getting a deadly upload on a consistent basis(1.5), but my download is jumping up and down far too much. For that price I would be expecting a T1 connection anyways...

My question is this. Anybody gone through the same situation as myself and found a cheaper/better broadband? Anybody themselves know of any other alternatives? The net is used not only for PC use-age but also for online gaming(Xbox live).

Any feedback would be great guys..cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

oGaeilgeo wrote: »
    :confused:Hey guys,:confused:

I am living 15 minutes outside of Tralee and have been getting physically violated by Permanet on my broadband! I am paying over 60 quid/pm for sub-standard broadband and I am getting tired of it. I am getting a deadly upload on a consistent basis(1.5), but my download is jumping up and down far too much. For that price I would be expecting a T1 connection anyways...

My question is this. Anybody gone through the same situation as myself and found a cheaper/better broadband? Anybody themselves know of any other alternatives? The net is used not only for PC use-age but also for online gaming(Xbox live).

Any feedback would be great guys..cheers

http://www.kerrybroadband.ie/homeuser.htm

A lot of good reports on the forums about these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 oGaeilgeo

*ptdireland*

Cheers for the advice bud. Appreciate it =)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

physically violated?
    If your going to complain about a company please don't try sensationalise it with such nonsense.

Cabaal wrote: »
    physically violated?
    If your going to complain about a company please don't try sensationalise it with such nonsense.

Are you for real? Have you got nothing better to do than pick out posts to complain about? It was a bit of dry humour..I wasn't trying to offend.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

I am on the 5/2 package with Kerry broadband

1148124143.png

34129343.png

Did the pingtest to the uk because of online gaming

Happy out with this crowd

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    I am on the 5/2 package with Kerry broadband

1148124143.png

34129343.png

Did the pingtest to the uk because of online gaming

Happy out with this crowd

How much are you paying for that then bud? Why does it say Digiweb? They are obviously operating on part of Digiweb ya? Is it a radar signal connection or what? You use it for Online gaming ya? Do you manage to keep that connection for the best part of the day/night or is it bad at certain times? I onyl ask becuase that is a quiet enough time to be on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

How much are you paying for that then bud? Why does it say Digiweb? They are obviously operating on part of Digiweb ya? Is it a radar signal connection or what? You use it for Online gaming ya? Do you manage to keep that connection for the best part of the day/night or is it bad at certain times? I onyl ask becuase that is a quiet enough time to be on

The 5/2 package is e50 a month with a 70GB cap. It's a wireless ISP, they put an ariel on the roof connected to a modem. I have heard they are one of the better wireless companies but have heard (don't know if true or not) that they are very strict on P2P software/downloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,548 ✭✭✭weisses

Its a bit lower in the evening sometimes ... around 4 megs

I'm working the late shift so i won't be able to do a test at night

Yes online gaming is fine ..also during the night

I think they use digiweb for back-haul but don't pin me on that

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KBB

AntiRip wrote: »
    The 5/2 package is e50 a month with a 70GB cap. It's a wireless ISP, they put an ariel on the roof connected to a modem. I have heard they are one of the better wireless companies but have heard (don't know if true or not) that they are very strict on P2P software/downloading.

Antirip,
    Just to clarify about the allowance and P2P.
    the 70gb limit on that package is been increased to 90Gb. P2P is not filtered. Anything you download is simply deducted from the allowance.

mods,i am not promoting but simply clarifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

KBB wrote: »
    Antirip,
    Just to clarify about the allowance and P2P.
    the 70gb limit on that package is been increased to 90Gb. P2P is not filtered. Anything you download is simply deducted from the allowance.

mods,i am not promoting but simply clarifying.

Thanks KBB for clarifying that and sorry if I was wrong. Nothing wrong with posting if something is posted incorrectly. Your speeds and allowances are flying past PermaNet. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement