Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Work / Social Care anybody?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Ok, I have looked back through lots of threads and cant see any posts about people working in this area? Basically myself and hubby have decided we'd like to head over. We've 3 children. Hubby is nearly 30 - he's qualified and had 5 years post qual exp. in Social Care. I've 10 years exp. - not qualified though. I know it's been asked before and before but we just have not got a clue where to start. Should he try obtain a job first from over here then apply for a visa or should he try get a visa first then a job? And would myself and the kids then be "de-facto"? Would we be better off just giving all our info to an agency to help us with it all? Many thanks in advance. BTW - Point of destination would be Sydney - my brother lives here, he has just received 5 years residency. Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Read Zambia's FAQ on the main page, if you have kids probably best to get the skilled migration visa first.

Wouldn't recommend a 457 with 3 kids also not sure if DOCS (social services in NSW) can sponsor.

Advertisement