Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP with Alarm that keeps ringing

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Anyone who can help me!
    I have an astec alarm and woke up this morning to find it ringing although I hadnt set it. I put in the code that knocked off the inside alarm but the outide alarm is ringing for about 20 mins and giving us a break for about 5mins. The box says "22 call engineer". I think the heavy wind might have set it off but how can we reset the alarm (its driving me and the kids mad)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

i think code 22 is bell tamper, outside bell might have shifted and caused the tamper to trip and posibly remain open, which is why the code wont reset it. once the tamper still exists it will still go into alarm untill its sorted or removed from the programming. some of the lads on here know their astecs inside out and might have better info.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thats correct indie, the only way to clear this fault would be to close the tamper that is causing the issue. More than likely the outside bell with all the wind that has being about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

'Call engineer 22' is a fault not only a tamper. This could be a cable problem or a fault with the bell its self. With the wind we're getting lately I would check to see if the bell is sitting correctly on its base.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To get yourself some peace for now you could disconnect the external bell from the panel. Its the last 2 terminals on the right.
    It may ring for up to 20 minutes again. But once it stops it wont ring outside again.
    After all its no weather for getting up to an external bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gaamam

Thanks for the help folks. I have it stopped now. Neighbour is an aircraft engineer and he has it reset for me. Dont really know what he did? think he disconnected it and then entered a manufacturers default code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

He must of done a factory reset of the alarm. Is the leds flashing on the external bell ?

Advertisement