Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need information on a course..

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

In leaving cert now and looking to do Business Informations Systems in CIT next year, just wanna get a bit more info on it..

Whats the difference between this course and just normal Business Studies? Which one would I be advised to do?
    How many hours per week would I have?
    A general summary on what the course involves would be appreciated als :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AHogan92

Im also interested in BIS and it would be very helpful if someone with knowledge of the course could give us some information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

hello,

i did bis in cit

it is a good course and you do learn alot. but the programming and computer side is hard and i would say dont miss any of those classes because if you do then you are lost and left behind.

wel they have brought in a new system in cit...last i heard. you do certain subjects til xmas and then after do other ones....i forget what you call it :rolleyes:

and then you do work experince in 3 year but if dont get a placement you are giving a project that is difficult and you have 6months (i think) to complete it.

normal business you dont learn alot on the computering side of things..... but the same then really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

subjects would be accountancy - finacial & managment , maths, programming, business, marketing, systems, communications and web design, software and dev and all that.

Advertisement