Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making conquest pts and Arena teams?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

The conquest point system.. at the moment I can make 1343 conquest points a week. I do some 2v2's 3v3's 5v5's all with rl m8s that are new arena like me. Our gear is a mix of pve 346 stuff and some gladiator stuff, definitely not fully pvp geared anyway :p

What I want to know is ..should I be aiming to stay in the same 2v2 team 3v3 team etc always or should I make one for the first month as a practice team then just delete it and make our proper one ?

Also how do I increase my conquest cap ? I was told that I need 10 straight victories in a certain team and when I hit that 10 streak..to not play again until next wednesday so the cap is raised and saved. Is this information correct? Can the cap be lowered again if my team put in a bad performance the following week ? I expect many lost arena battles for the next while as we work towards getting our gear and getting our tactics sorted.. so does that mean when I finally get 10 victories in a row.. itll be in a team that probably has 15 recorded wins 40 recorded losses and I have to stay with that team to keep cap increase? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

My brain hasn't turned on yet, i'll come back to ya later on when it does :P Least this helps a bit

Conquest Point Cap

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thank you for info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Hey,

Firstly to increase your CP cap you need to increase your Personal rating above 1,500 for it to be moved away from the 1343 CP weekly Cap.

Rating
    Weekly Points Cap

With arenas and rated battlegrounds they are split up into Seasons. We are currently in Season 9, Seasons usually last between 20-30 weeks depending on patch content. Season 9 started on the 14th of Decemeber.

With arena teams, generally 3v3 is the most standard, this is played competitvly and blizzard try and balance this out the most. 2v2 is quite unbalanaced and blizzard have said on diffrent times that they wish they never introduced that bracket(and thats why some items required 3v3/5v5 rating to purchase and not 2v2). I am not sure how 5v5 are.

The best way to handle an arena team is kinda what yo usaid. Firstly start of a team and just do areana games, start gaining resileance gear and gaining pvp gear. You will be winning and losing a lot of matches, but will gradualy be increasing your personal rating, which in turn increaseing your CP weekly cap.

Once you are quite satsified with your arean gear and team and tactics, people would disband their current areana team and start again, so that you will have a better win lose ratio, and gain higher in ranks.

http://elitistjerks.com/

and

http://www.arenajunkies.com/

are helpful websites . Elitest jerks are helpful to learn about class mechanincs and theorycrafting(how each spell/ability effects the class) while Arena Junkies are great for PvP and arena discussions, tactics and gearing/gemming.

hopfully that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I thought they mentioned balancing it for 5v5s. Maybe it's changed though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Drakar wrote: »
    I thought they mentioned balancing it for 5v5s. Maybe it's changed though...

They said they do try their best to balance it for 5v5's but you have to relise that they are getting pressure from gaming leagues(MLG/IEM ect ect) for balacing in the 3v3 as thats the bracket in which is played competativly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks for the info, very helpful all! :)

Advertisement