Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30-Minute (€47) or 60-Minute (€92) Flying Lesson [Daily Deal Site]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mickey_D

Anybody who bought any of these please <Snip> Breach of boards deals T&C if you have any for sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭niloc hgoek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Is that it? Deal says it's a "Grob 115A" which looks different according to Google Images. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

As a word of caution, it looks likes this is over-subscribed. How they can commit to 822 flights within 6 months, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭b318isp

Fnz wrote: »
    Is that it? Deal says it's a "Grob 115A" which looks different according to Google Images. :confused:

I think it's an example. Here's the Grob:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/b318isp/2573010434/in/set-72157622424811927/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Mickey_D wrote: »
    Anybody who bought any of these please <Snip> Breach of boards deals T&C if you have any for sale

Mickey_D.

Please read boards deals T&C as you have breached them.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

This deal is up Again on living social. Has anybody done it? Is it any good? Thinking about getting it for a Christmas present for my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

I wonder how many vouchers they are selling this time :)

I wonder how many vouchers they are selling this time :)

There doesn't seem to be a limit...Was there issues the last time they sold them do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

If this is from Weston airport I was given this as a gift last year. The oh didn't seem to have a problem booking and it was an enjoyable experience with a small certificate at the end. Her father has done it twice and he also had no complaints.I think he had to take an alternative date on one occasion but nothing major. I think there are two or three company's based out a Weston doing these but I went with flight wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

I was looking to do something like this, is it worth paying the extra for an hour?

Well I got the hour an after a quick walk around and explanation of the various parts we went flying. The hour flew in, pardon the pun.

Slunk wrote: »
    Well I got the hour an after a quick walk around and explanation of the various parts we went flying. The hour flew in, pardon the pun.

Yeah, its with FlightWise out in Weston. So for the hour, I presume the instructor took off and landed and you took the controls when up in the air and got to fly, manoeuvre etc?

Bought it. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Alaba320

Good luck getting to use the voucher. I, like many others had terrible problems with this company.. Very poorly run!
    Take a look at the threads related to them.

http://touch.boards.ie/search?q=Flightwise+

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

JR6 wrote: »
    Bought it. Cheers.

Ditto on good luck getting to use it! After the last debacle if I was you I'd call them up straight away and get a booking. Otherwise you may never get to use it.

Alaba320 wrote: »
    Good luck getting to use the voucher. I, like many others had terrible problems with this company.. Very poorly run!
    Take a look at the threads related to them.

http://touch.boards.ie/search?q=Flightwise+

After reading all of these i'm going to get a refund tomorrow. I dont think I could handle all that stress some people are put through in previous posts!
    Thank God for the 14 day refund policy on Living Social!
    I just wish I just seen these earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

Newcastle Airfield in Wicklow are doing a promotion, the offer is not as cheap as Flight Wise offer but at least they care for their customers. - https://www.facebook.com/einc.aero I'm a student there, scenery is fantastic, I don't think you get that kind of views out of Weston

one thing thou - it's a grass strip so in winter even few days after the rain it remains soggy wet thus unusable

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

JR6 wrote: »
    After reading all of these i'm going to get a refund tomorrow. I dont think I could handle all that stress some people are put through in previous posts!
    Thank God for the 14 day refund policy on Living Social!
    I just wish I just seen these earlier!

Well I don't know if it will make a difference to you, but I've had 2 of the 1 hour vouchers with them over the years. Both times it was very enjoyable.

The first time, it was difficult to get the date booked, and it as approaching the expiry date of the voucher, but they told me they would honour the voucher regardless of the expiry date.

The second time, I had no problems, I think we had to reschedule due to weather, but that's to be expected in Ireland.

The standard of the lesson was top class, particularly the first one, I took control from soon after takeoff until I had completed the turn onto final approach, then the intructor took over.

I had a few trial lessons with various companies around Ireland, and the first Flightwise one was by far the best.

I recommend going for the hour, not the half hour, half hour would only be a short circuit I'd think, with the hour one, we flew down to Kinnegad and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Actually, I just put my money where my mouth is and bought another 1 hour voucher.

Seems Living Social had some extra time limited offer for an extra 10% off for 10 minutes,
    so I got it for 82 euro instead of 92.... nice :) (and that's more than 10% too!)

• Advertisement

Yep, pilot takes off and then hands control over to you. Fly around for a while doing a few turns and stuff then he takes over for landing. Its definatly worth it IMO

Advertisement