Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody heard of Geoff Anthony method?

• 06-02-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

:confused:This guy geoff Anthony has a ad in our local paper. Claims a virtually 100% success rate... 100euro for the clinic. if i start smoking again i can return free to any clinic within a year. He claims no craving or weight loss. The clinic lasts 1 1/2 hours. I'm very sceptical.

Has anyone ever heard of him? I would be glad of any any feedback please, as his clinic is on tuesday night locally. Is it another scam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Hello Godsentme,

A friend of mine went to see him as a favour to a friend of hers, if that makes sense??
    Anyway, my mate smoked 30/40 a day. She was very sceptical going to see him & as it turned out, she is now off the smokes just under 3 years & totally recommends Geoff.

I went to see him too, it didn't work for me.
    I didn't get my money back as such, but I did get free admission to another session the next time he was down my way.

Would I call it a scam? No, definitely not as long as you go to it with an open mind.

Hope this helps.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

Thanks guys, i thought nobody was going to post.

Can any of you fill me in on what is geoffs procedeure. i mean what goes on at the clinic exactly? I really don't believe theres a quick fix TBH.:o

he just talks to you about smoking & why we smoke & whats in the smokes etc.
    TBH, it's worth going - i know it's a hundred euro & we are in the middle of a recession, but if you want to give up, i'd suggest giving it a shot.

Al.

Yes Al, When I think of it I spend nearly that on fags a week or so.God:)

Well God....did you go to the clinic?

Al.

• Advertisement

Alzar wrote: »
    Well God....did you go to the clinic?

Al.

Hi Al... No. If all he was going to do was tell me what cigs do etc I didn't think he could teach me anything new. Plus the only other post I got was a First Post from john don. *I thought he might have a personal interest in this for this reason; Unusual that a persons first post on boards should be on the Quit Smoking forum. And now I see another First Post extolling the virtues of Geoff!! Coincidence or what?:rolleyes: Probably would have gone only for that.

I know a guy who did go and I'll be talking to him the weekend and see what he has to say. I be in touch.

God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

Website looks a bit amateurish - behaviour modification/motivational speaking.....
    is there a difference? Can it be called a method?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

noworries wrote: »
    Website looks a bit amateurish -
    for some one that claims to charge so much it's more than a bit amateurish, even the vista print ones look better

behaviour modification/motivational speaking.....
    is there a difference?
    Yep there is a big difference , one thing they do have in common though is that nither require a quilifacation
    Can it be called a method?
    if thats what he wants to call it he can and charge what people are willing to pay for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

If the said "Mr. Anthony" would like to sponsor me to undertake his programme and can turn me into a non-smoker I will sing his praises both here and every where else that I possibly can - that's a promise!
    I want to stop smoking, so that's a good start for him.
    Let's see if he will rise to the challenge and end this controversy once and for all.
    P.S. You will see that I am a genuine poster if you wish to check out the other threads I have been on for over a year.

Very well Some posts renew my faith in human nature. You would think a few of the first posts were written bythe same person.:rolleyes: Even the language has the same DNA. and what a place to start your boards excapades. Not Ah or Regions but this unsung forum. The scent of a rodent fills the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

This thread just gets weirder! I would dearly love to get to the bottom of what's going on here. It smacks of free advertising to me.
    But, like I said in a previous post, I am fully prepared to be the guinea pig for Geoff Anthony and, if he can make me give up smoking (which I really want to so) then I will set the record straight for him. Strangely enough, no-one came back to take me up on that offer!!!

:eek: Another First Poster here!! Thats three alone on this this thread! Its uncanny the way people are drawn to this thread, or dare I say, SENT?

As we say in Waterford....GOOOWEEEEOUTADAT!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deestaunton

Hi there,
    Just attended a GA clinic on Tuesday evening and so far so good. I cannot explain it in so many words but his message is all very logical. Just break the habit, change the habit and be careful what you substitute your cigs with i.e. food.

I smoked about 10 a day so not a heavy smoker by all accounts but smoking for 30 years. I will be happy to keep anyone posted in how I am getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭maticm18

my wife can't quit. I will show her this thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mormosc

Have never heard of this guy but it sounds like the Allan Carr method which is called Easy Way.
    I quit 7 years ago by reading Allan Carrs book. Had to read it a few times before it worked for me, although my sister quit after just
    one reading. As far as I know,there are Easy Way clinics held in the Red Cow hotel.Hard to explain how it works, but basically it helps you
    to break the psychological dependence on nicotine. Once you've conquered that, the physical stuff is a doddle. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lilythepinked

I had tried everything to quit. Gum, cold turkey, patched, E-cigs, hypnotism etc.

Then, in a last ditch attempt, frustrated and disgusted with myself, I attended this clinic. I left that night as a non-smoker and haven’t looked back!

I didn’t crave it, and I didn’t miss it.

It’s been over two years now.  My husband attended a month later and ended his 2 pack a day habit.  Hasn’t had a fag since.

I will be ever thankful for this man and his clinic, it truly changed our lifes.

Advertisement