Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope problem!!!

Options
  • 06-02-2011 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I was trying to zero my scope about 15 mins ago and I have ran out of adjustment in elevation and windage!!

Can anyone help??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

dev110 wrote: »
    I was trying to zero my scope about 15 mins ago and I have ran out of adjustment in elevation and windage!!

Can anyone help??

Give me a Buzz, sort your scope out after dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Did you get the Millet mounts 'cos they need to be set up carefully as to keeing them in the centre of the dovetail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

He only had second hand mounts but didn't charge me for them. I'm after turning the mounts. It might work??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Can anyone help??

Your rifle has less elevation adjustments at the extremes of windage. So if you fix the windage problem it might sort you for elevation.

Elevation is easier to fix with shims and rails. Windage issues are a pain the balls so get that right first.

The first thing I will advise is determining are the action, bases and rings set up along the line of the bore.
    Is the barrel square and true with the action?

Back to basics, re-center your scopes adjustments and take everything off the rifle.

Use a long straight edge like an engineering ruler (1 meter if you could get one) and center one end of the ruler along the top of the action. Check if the barrel follows the line of the rest ruler exactly. Well if it doesn't you have a large problem if the barrel is square and true to the action then it points to the mounts.

Do you have a laser bore sighter or know someone with one? This would save a lot of hassle if you did.

So lets assume the barrel and the action are fine. The next issue will be the mounts. Are your mounts windage adjustable? That can be used to remove the windage issues. If they are not you can try tightening from the opposite side you initially did. Switch them front to back. Twisting them 180 degrees, attaching the scope and bore sighting as you go to see which set-up works best.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Your rifle has less elevation adjustments at the extremes of windage. So if you fix the windage problem it might sort you for elevation.

Elevation is easier to fix with shims and rails. Windage issues are a pain the balls so get that right first.

reticaloffsetimage.jpg

ScopeShimImage.jpg
    ScopeShimTable.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks for all that I have the mounts turned 180 degrees and have it bore sighted at about 25m. I'm meeting up with Tack later so I will let ye know how things go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

........... I'm meeting up with Tack later .............

Why does this come to mind :P

http://static.tumblr.com/loed5yk/C3vlej8lc/blind-leading-the-blind1.jpg

Hope ya get it sorted lad ;)

Why does this come to mind :P

blind-leading-the-blind1.jpg
    Hope ya get it sorted lad ;)

BS it's nice to be nice

clivej wrote: »
    BS it's nice to be nice

I am :eek: I said
    .........Hope ya get it sorted lad ;)

Mounts are useless. Kept loosening and then started touching barrel when fully tightened!!
    Only solution is new mounts!!
    I think I let the CZ side down as I now say that Tack is going to have a field day :p

• Advertisement

Mounts are useless. Kept loosening and then started touching barrel when fully tightened!!
    I think I let the CZ side down as I now say that Tack is going to have a field day :p

Not so you have the problem found and just need an easy solution with good mounts.

I know you where going with the picatinny rail and rings when you can get them in, so maybe a kind soul has a spare set of 16mm dovetail mounts for a 50mm objective to lend you for a short time.

Come on lads time to rally to the course.

Not so you have the problem found and just need an easy solution with good mounts.

I know you where going with the picatinny rail and rings when you can get them in, so maybe a kind soul has a spare set of 16mm dovetail mounts for a 50mm objective to lend you for a short time.

Come on lads time to rally to the course.

I wouldn't surprised if I go in to Scully's in the morning and get a set of mounts because I really want to go hunting!!! I'm the very same as a child with a new toy.

He only had second hand mounts but didn't charge me for them............
    Mounts are useless.......

At least they were free. Now you know why :(

He only had second hand mounts but didn't charge me for them. I'm after turning the mounts. It might work??
    :p

Take 'em back and get your $$$$ back :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In that case get the Warne 16mm CZ 527 mounts to see you over or to keep. They are the best of the rest.

Take 'em back and get your $$$$ back :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In that case get the Warne 16mm CZ 527 mounts to see you over or to keep. They are the best of the rest.

Well on the plus side I got 2 boxes of hornady v-max for free (He forgot to charge me for them :D) and also a box of wolf which Tack now has :p. The bolt wouldn't even close with them.

I will try get them so clive. Just want to get bunny mash (if you know what I mean :D)

The blind leading the blind today..........
    There are none so Blind as those that can not see BS AND CJ:p

What I learned, Wolf ammo will cycle well and is quite consistent out to 100 or so yards as Dev can verify.

Remingtons are quicker load, even though they have no mag.
    The action on a Remmy cycles .223 better than a CZ.
    The Trigger on the CZ unless set, is awful.

Mounts were crap.
    Burris scope is not half as clear as a nightforce on the same Power.

It's good to know if I ever fall on hard times I can use €10 ammo and still Mush Foxes/Rabbits with it.

The blind leading the blind today..........
    There are none so Blind as those that can not see BS AND CJ:p

What I learned, Wolf ammo will cycle well and is quite consistent out to 100 or so yards as Dev can verify.

Remingtons are quicker load, even though they have no mag.
    The action on a Remmy cycles .223 better than a CZ.
    The Trigger on the CZ unless set, is awful.

Mounts were crap.
    Burris scope is not half as clear as a nightforce on the same Power.

It's good to know if I ever fall on hard times I can use €10 ammo and still Mush Foxes/Rabbits with it.
    • The CZ will cycle better with time after all its new now
    • You can custom the CZ trigger to your own liking, creep and pull. What trigger have you on your rem tack???? Not a rem I think, custom job is it.
    • So your rem can take sh!te wolf ammo, best check your chamber over for ware.
    • Any price difference between the Burris and Nightforce??? thought so.
    Messure like with like or DON'T messure at all.

• The CZ will cycle better with time after all its new now
    • You can custom the CZ trigger to your own liking, creep and pull. What trigger have you on your rem tack???? Not a rem I think, custom job is it.
    • So your rem can take sh!te wolf ammo, best check your chamber over for ware.
    • Any price difference between the Burris and Nightforce??? thought so.
    Messure like with like or DON'T messure at all.

CZ bad design mag, have to take off to fill, can't load in the rifle.
    Even loading the mag is awkward, I have loaded many various types of Mags and teh CZ was teh most awkward.

You can tune a factory trigger too.
    My chamber is fine CJ :D All Remington's will take Wolf, a factory for any young fella where ammo price is an issue.

I measured teh rifle like with like.
    The VSSF II can be bought for almost the same price as the CZ KEvlar Varmint now.

The scopes were just a casual observation on clarity.;)
    One would imagine that mounts for a CZ would be easy pic up

So I have based my experience on first hand events once again, and some choose to ignore, again ;)

And just for the Record, Steyr Prohunter cycle Wolf no issues, Seems only to be CZ that have an issue (Strange since they are a former Commi state)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Imagine, Tack thinks the gear he has is better. I'm shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Vegeta wrote: »
    Imagine, Tack thinks the gear he has is better. I'm shocked

thats cause its all 'pimped' stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

In my limited experience, the CZ triggers, when adjusted, are far, far better than any Remington factory trigger, which just oozes its way to the break point. Magazine design might be a factor were I under enormous pressure to stop whatever's coming for me, but in a typical hunting rifle, not so much. Its primary function is not to fall out of the rifle. As to the chamber which doesn't tolerate sloppily made cheapo ammo? That sounds like a big plus to me! Jaysus Tack, your post practically reads like an ad for CZ!

In my limited experience, the CZ triggers, when adjusted, are far, far better than any Remington factory trigger, which just oozes its way to the break point. Magazine design might be a factor were I under enormous pressure to stop whatever's coming for me, but in a typical hunting rifle, not so much. Its primary function is not to fall out of the rifle. As to the chamber which doesn't tolerate sloppily made cheapo ammo? That sounds like a big plus to me! Jaysus Tack, your post practically reads like an ad for CZ!

and so the sh!te hits the blanket............... ye ha....ride em cowboy!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

and so the sh!te hits the blanket............... ye ha....ride em cowboy!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I'll start again
    The Bolt was sh*te cycling
    The Mag was shi*e to remove/install
    Loading the mag was shi*e
    One could not load a round in the chamber if the mag was in, as teh Mag design was sh*te

If I never owned a CZ it would be a day too soon:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Monsieur l'Tack, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'll start again
    One could not load a round in the chamber if the mag was in, as teh Mag design was sh*te

Yes, but a CZ bolt gets better as it gets used. A Remington stays as shíte as the day it left the factory, or degrades. :p Now, I've nothing against a well smithed Remington bolt, personally, but the factory ones tend to be like dragging bricks over sandpaper, as do their triggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

I'll start again

remington= sh*te rifle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AqMl1A4aQ

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

I'll start again

Dont blame the cz for poor hand eye coordination is probly why you werent able to place a round in the chamber by hand, its easy I do it all the time. The cz has a way nicer action than any action a remmy could have.

SpringerF wrote: »
    Monsieur l'Tack, je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire.

Mon dieu, le suiveur de CZ sont un groupe regrette

Yes, but a CZ bolt gets better as it gets used. A Remington stays as shíte as the day it left the factory, or degrades. :p Now, I've nothing against a well smithed Remington bolt, personally, but the factory ones tend to be like dragging bricks over sandpaper, as do their triggers.

Even the OP had to admit that the action on my rifle was as slick as a roller bearing ;)

I had a Remington factory Trigger on a crisp 3lbs
    I just wanted my baby to go down to 2, and I like a flatter trigger.

I wonder why Competition shooters don't use CZ actions in there comp rifles ??:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

Mon dieu, le suiveur de CZ sont un groupe regrette

salute

Advertisement