Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope problem!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Even the OP had to admit that the action on my rifle was as slick as a roller bearing ;)

I had a Remington factory Trigger on a crisp 3lbs
    I just wanted my baby to go down to 2, and I like a flatter trigger.

I wonder why Competition shooters don't use CZ actions in there comp rifles ??:p

Get yourself a left-handed Sako action and build a custom on it. Then you'll know what slick is. As to the latter part? Ask yourself what the rifles were designed for, then ask why a Remington isn't a dangerous game gun and you'll come to much the same conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I'll start again
    The Bolt was sh*te cycling
    The Mag was shi*e to remove/install
    Loading the mag was shi*e
    One could not load a round in the chamber if the mag was in, as teh Mag design was sh*te

If I never owned a CZ it would be a day too soon:D:p

I have to admit to mag design is pretty bad but it's fine for hunting as one general uses 1 or 2 bullets per animal but the reason Tack does like it is because he needs about 7 :p:p:p:D:D:D
    Yes, but a CZ bolt gets better as it gets used. A Remington stays as shíte as the day it left the factory, or degrades. :p Now, I've nothing against a well smithed Remington bolt, personally, but the factory ones tend to be like dragging bricks over sandpaper, as do their triggers.

The bolt is abit rough now but I say it will get better. Things get better with age :p
    Dont blame the cz for poor hand eye coordination is probly why you werent able to place a round in the chamber by hand, its easy I do it all the time. The cz has a way nicer action than any action a remmy could have.

Tack I was throwing rounds in the chamber with ease :D. Too many I would say but they all worked fine
    Even the OP had to admit that the action on my rifle was as slick as a roller bearing ;)

I had a Remington factory Trigger on a crisp 3lbs
    I just wanted my baby to go down to 2, and I like a flatter trigger.

I wonder why Competition shooters don't use CZ actions in there comp rifles ??:p

The action on Tacks rifle is nice and his 'pimped' trigger is nice also.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

if they had to choose between a factory remington action and a factory cz action I have a feeling they'd go with the cz action, I could be wrong I'm not lettin on to be an expert, John Greene told me recently on the phone cz's have a great action, remington actions have to be trued don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Get yourself a left-handed Sako action and build a custom on it. Then you'll know what slick is. As to the latter part? Ask yourself what the rifles were designed for, then ask why a Remington isn't a dangerous game gun and you'll come to much the same conclusion.

0013.jpg
    Remington 700 .375H&H

I suppose they do not need a Buffalo rifle as there are almost no Buffalo left:rolleyes:

0013.jpg
    Remington 700 .375H&H

I suppose they do not need a Buffalo rifle as there are almost no Buffalo left:rolleyes:

Yep, looks a cracking big game gun there alright, fast to the shoulder, controlled round feed, good iron sights, nice recoil controlling solid stock, points and handles fast and well, definitely a candidate there alright. :rolleyes: Oh, and it has a muzzle brake which you wouldn't be allowed use in the first place. Fantastic choice there. The cartridge does not make the rifle a dangerous game gun. As to your comment about buffalo populations? Where exactly do you drag this tripe from?

• Advertisement

Yep, looks a cracking big game gun there alright, fast to the shoulder, controlled round feed, good iron sights, nice recoil controlling solid stock, points and handles fast and well, definitely a candidate there alright. :rolleyes: Oh, and it has a muzzle brake which you wouldn't be allowed use in the first place. Fantastic choice there. The cartridge does not make the rifle a dangerous game gun. As to your comment about buffalo populations? Where exactly do you drag this tripe from?

American Rifles are designed for the American market

Moose, Elk, Grizzly Bear etc

Back in the day their Dangerous Game was Buffalo, they have none now.

The Europeans designed Dangerous Game Rifles as they needed them while they were squabbling over the continent.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

groan oh groan oh where is that face palm picture
    a dangerous game rifle is meant for close quarter confrontational **** with something very big and nasty tack like an elephant or lion leopard or such
    not a dopey plains buffalo

landkeeper wrote: »
    groan oh groan oh where is that face palm picture
    a dangerous game rifle is meant for close quarter confrontational **** with something very big and nasty tack like an elephant or lion leopard or such
    not a dopey plains buffalo

Hence the reason the Yank's don't make them

Because the Only Lions in there are in the Bronx Zoo, or belonged to private collectors.

A mate of mine hunts in New Mexico all the time with a Bow and a .44mag!

Different stokes for different folks.

However

This Tangent is waaaaaaaaaaaay off Topic.

Thankfully the OP knows that I will have him grouping well by next week or the week after (as soon as he gets his hands on some mounts)

Sorry Dev
    My posts get a lot of Hate mail;)

Thankfully the OP knows that I will have him grouping well by next week or the week after (as soon as he gets his hands on some mounts)

Sorry Dev

I don't mind at all. I'm loving this!! Tomorrow I will have mounts!!

Hence the reason the Yank's don't make them

Because the Only Lions in there are in the Bronx Zoo, or belonged to private collectors.

A mate of mine hunts in New Mexico all the time with a Bow and a .44mag!

Different stokes for different folks.

However

Sorry Dev

Except they're the biggest safari market in the world and several companies make dangerous game rifles. For the love of all that is remotely reasonable, at least do your homework.

• Advertisement

Except they're the biggest safari market in the world and several companies make dangerous game rifles. For the love of all that is remotely reasonable, at least do your homework.

Homework?

You obviuosly were never in new mexico where there are private Ranches that you can shoot Exotic animals ;)

The yanks could not be arsed flying half way around the world to shoot game, they just import it through DHL :p

Have a look at the African Plains exibit in Cabellas. All shot in USA :eek:

Homework?

You obviuosly were never in new mexico where there are private Ranches that you can shoot Exotic animals on ;)

The yanks could not be arsed flying half way around teh world to shoot game, they just import it through DHL :p

Have a look at the African Plains exibit in Cabellas. All shot in USA :eek:

Yep, you're absolutely right. No Americans travel to Africa for their safaris at all. And they certainly don't have a domestic industry building rifles for the job. Yep, superstar.

dev110 wrote: »
    I don't mind at all. I'm loving this!! Tomorrow I will have mounts!!

I'm around Tomorrow if you get them!
    And we have a ballistic Calc now ;);)

I'm around Tomorrow if you get them!
    And we have a ballistic Calc now ;);)

I probably won't have time for much tomorrow but I'll try my best!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

out of curiosity Dev what scope have you got?

homerhop wrote: »
    out of curiosity Dev what scope have you got?

It's a Burris Fullfield 6.5-20x50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

how do you find it, mounts aside?

homerhop wrote: »
    how do you find it, mounts aside?

I have to say I like it. It is alot clearer than a hawke I had on my .22lr. Haven't done any hunting with it yet so it will be interesting to see how it preforms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

SpringerF wrote: »
    salute

It's called Google translate :D

It's called Google translate :D

On Hons French for the leaving cert;)

Dev

Did you get mounts today?

• Advertisement

You didn't do Hons English I reckon reading some of your posts :P

You didn't do Hons English I reckon reading some of your posts :P

Well it was a long time ago, and I am a bit rusty.
    A few of my friends in work are french so I converse with them en francais.

Do yo have mounts you could lend Dev for a CZ, need 18+mm for bell of scope to clear barrel

He's only a student so new mounts would be several boxes of ammo to him

Dev

Did you get mounts today?

Yes I have mounts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Fingers crossed for you dev.

Let us know how you get on

Do yo have mounts you could lend Dev for a CZ, need 18+mm for bell of scope to clear barrel

He's only a student so new mounts would be several boxes of ammo to him

I have a set of 30mm, "high" mounts, I think, if they're any use to him? Sold the other set I had

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

Yes I have mounts!!

what type of mounts did you get dev?

what type of mounts did you get dev?

I got a pair of second hand mounts but they are working ok. I'm getting a rail for the rifle in a few weeks and I will get Burris tactical mounts then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I got a pair of second hand mounts but they are working ok. I'm getting a rail for the rifle in a few weeks and I will get Burris tactical mounts then.

Make sure that your windage issues are gone and it's not the rifle before getting the rail and stuff

Vegeta wrote: »
    Make sure that your windage issues are gone and it's not the rifle before getting the rail and stuff

Windage issues is gone.

I helped him Zero today, He could get a 3/4 3 shot group @100

We went to my Zero spot which is "almost" perfect for zero'ing.

Yesterday the scope mounts were physically loosening.

The mounts were of a very poor quality.

We spent the rest of day trying to call foxes and Lamping Rabbits.

Dev was telling me that GS in Athlone was telling him some porkie pies about Remington UMC ammo going to €20 and Hornady to €36 a box:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Dev,
    You're in school? What are you studying?

What else do you need? What kind of rail do you want?

Also, are you sure about the XTR's?

I have both the Zee's and the XTR's. I love the look of the XTR's and the six bolts as opposed to two.

However, one of my big obsessions is getting the scope as close to the barrel as possible. The Zee's are weaver based and the XTR's are picatinny.

The weavers sit lower than the Picatinny so I find it easier to get the scope closer using the Zee/weaver setup than the Pic/XTR.

Please advise. I may be able to help.

Advertisement