Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope problem!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

FISMA wrote: »
    Dev,
    You're in school? What are you studying?

What else do you need? What kind of rail do you want?

Also, are you sure about the XTR's?

I have both the Zee's and the XTR's. I love the look of the XTR's and the six bolts as opposed to two.

However, one of my big obsessions is getting the scope as close to the barrel as possible. The Zee's are weaver based and the XTR's are picatinny.

The weavers sit lower than the Picatinny so I find it easier to get the scope closer using the Zee/weaver setup than the Pic/XTR.

Please advise. I may be able to help.

He wants the Burris Scope to sit low, However when using low mounts the Bell was hitting the Barrel.
    He wants a Picatinny rail as he wants to do a full Burris set up for his Burris scope.

He has his Rifle scoped and grouping well now with the Cheapo Remington Ammo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

What gun has he?

If you have a minute, check out opticsPlanet and see if there's an item number.

They seem cheap enough
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-xtreme-tactical-steel-2-piece-bases.html

What gun has he?

If you have a minute, check out opticsPlanet and see if there's an item number.

They seem cheap enough
    http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-xtreme-tactical-steel-2-piece-bases.html

He had already ordered it before I got a chance to advise him.

So unless the Dealer comes up empty handed, he feels obligated to buy

He has a CZ the same as CliveJ, Varmint Synthetic, accepts a dovetail base

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

He had already ordered it before I got a chance to advise him.

So unless the Dealer comes up empty handed, he feels obligated to buy

He has a CZ the same as CliveJ, Varmint Synthetic, accepts a dovetail base
    True,
    Keep me posted if things change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Windage issues is gone.

Good stuff, nice result

How many MOA did you end up using from the center of the scope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Dev,
    You're in school? What are you studying?

What else do you need? What kind of rail do you want?

Also, are you sure about the XTR's?

I have both the Zee's and the XTR's. I love the look of the XTR's and the six bolts as opposed to two.

However, one of my big obsessions is getting the scope as close to the barrel as possible. The Zee's are weaver based and the XTR's are picatinny.

The weavers sit lower than the Picatinny so I find it easier to get the scope closer using the Zee/weaver setup than the Pic/XTR.

Please advise. I may be able to help.

Ye I'm in college studying Information Technology.

I like the Burris XTR mounts and they need a rail to work.
    I have the same rail ordered as Clive's. Have a look at his rail on his rifle.
    The scope on mine is about 1-2mm off the barrel.
    I will probably leave this set up for awhile because I want I noticed a neighboring field with 2 horses so I definitely need a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

dev110 wrote: »

I have the same rail ordered as Clive's. Have a look at his rail on his rifle............/QUOTE]

I feel your pain I did the BSc Computers IT Support in TippInst Thurles 3 years ago. How's your binary now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dev I have a set of Burris medium Picatinny rings here off the Sako, got low on now, if you need to try a fit with your scope when the rail comes. I don't think the low rings will fit if you ordered the 20MOA rail 'cos there's little room under the objective with butler creek covers on as well. If you are getting non MOA rail then the low rings may do.

12052010029.jpg

Vegeta wrote: »
    Good stuff, nice result

How many MOA did you end up using from the center of the scope.

it was only 5- 10 clicks off

clivej wrote: »

I have the same rail ordered as Clive's. Have a look at his rail on his rifle............/QUOTE]

I feel your pain I did the BSc Computers IT Support in TippInst Thurles 3 years ago. How's your binary now :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dev I have a set of Burris medium Picatinny rings here off the Sako, got low on now, if you need to try a fit with your scope when the rail comes. I don't think the low rings will fit if you ordered the 20MOA rail 'cos there's little room under the objective with butler creek covers on as well. If you are getting non MOA rail then the low rings may do.

12052010029.jpg

Will they do an inch scope tube?

X-High
    High
    Medium
    Low
    1" Rings (Pair)

30mm Rings (Pair)

Single Ring/30mm
    XTR_rings.jpg

Yes they do 1"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

it was only 5- 10 clicks off

Sweet that's not bad at all.

Vegeta wrote: »
    Sweet that's not bad at all.

The first set of mounts were dire

The Rifle is quite new so I queried the mounts straight away.

The new set up will do him for teh time being, He has his heart set on CJ's set up.

I have to say I am considering two rails myself so I could swap scopes with relative easy from the 5.5-22 to the 8-32 for Autumn Winter/Spring Summer shooting

Will they do an inch scope tube?

YES and yes. They are 30mm rings but I have a set of 25.5mm aka 1" to 30mm inserts made up.
    I don't reccomend that you use the rifle this way but you will see what height rings you will need to buy. There are plenty of people on e bay that sell the burris picatinny rings at nice money.
    So
    if you want a loan when you get the rail the offer is here for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭The Big Fella

Why not buy a set of millet windage high mounts? Ive them on my cz and they are as solid as a rock.

YES and yes. They are 30mm rings but I have a set of 25.5mm aka 1" to 30mm inserts made up.
    I don't reccomend that you use the rifle this way but you will see what height rings you will need to buy. There are plenty of people on e bay that sell the burris picatinny rings at nice money.
    So
    if you want a loan when you get the rail the offer is here for you.

Thanks Clive I might take you up on that offer ;)
    Why not buy a set of millet windage high mounts? Ive them on my cz and they are as solid as a rock.

I think that is what is on my rifle now! They seem very solid but I love the look of the burris XTR mounts. They look like they wouldn't move if you hit them with a hammer (not that I would try :p).

I had the Millet windage mounts on my varmint before the picatinny setup I now use. I could never be sure that they were central on the dovetail, in my minds eye, and also wanted something more solid.

I had the Millet windage mounts on my varmint before the picatinny setup I now use. I could never be sure that they were central on the dovetail, in my minds eye, and also wanted something more solid.

I think they will do the job till the summer and then I will be able set up my rifle till it's at its best! Moderator is the next thing on my list.

I think they will do the job till the summer and then I will be able set up my rifle till it's at its best! Moderator is the next thing on my list.

Give Paul O'Hallaran, Drangan a call

Or Give Tackleberrywho a call.
    A moderator 6 months old suits your rifle for a Keen Price ;)

It will finance another project I have at the moment :D

Or Give Tackleberrywho a call.
    A moderator 6 months old suits your rifle for a Keen Price ;)

It will finance another project I have at the moment :D

I might just do that. It would want to be a keen price for a struggling student :D

• Advertisement

I might just do that. It would want to be a keen price for a struggling student :D

You know the price i gave you.
    Which i think is more than fair.
    It has ~60 rounds gone through it since new.

It would be an installment on my next build.

I have 2 mods so no point when I only really need 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sparx001

I had the same problem and thought it was just me so went back basics and found the moderator was doing it (on the rifle , not the forum). Its perfect now without a moderator. Di anyone else have that experience? i dont know if my threads were damaged or it was the moderatotr, it was brand new on a brno .22

Advertisement