Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roy Hodgson appointed by West Brom

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't understand some of the negativity in this thread about his appointment. I think he'll keep West Brom up and that's his job.

Yeah, the football might not be as good as what Di Matteo had them playing, but do West Brom fans want to be playing Liverpool or Doncaster Rovers next season??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't understand some of the negativity in this thread about his appointment. I think he'll keep West Brom up and that's his job.

Yeah, the football might not be as good as what Di Matteo had them playing, but do West Brom fans want to be playing Liverpool or Doncaster Rovers next season??

Tf Woy had his way at Liverpool they'd have been playing both next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

flahavaj wrote: »
    Tf Woy had his way at Liverpool they'd have been playing both next season.

And i'm telling you now Flah, if we were in the Championship next season, next year would be our year!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Delighted for Roy, I'm sure he will keep them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

See a few comments here about "nice guy" Hodgson. This seems to be one of the biggest cliches in football.
    I don't recall him being nice when he made some disparaging remarks to a Danish journalist, when he criticized Liverpool fans, when he criticized Benitez etc etc.

I feel sorry for West Brom fans having to put up with the dross on the way. Di Matteo/Hughton may have kept them up. If Hodgson does they'll be bored stiff with the football to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

I'm a Fulham fan and I can't see the logic of the stick Roy is getting here! He kept us up when he was appointed which was quite frankly miracle stuff. I despair at some of the short memory of some of the 'football fans' here. He did a cracking job at Fulham and played some lovely football as well, Juve, Shaktar Donesk, United, just some of the teams we outplayed off the top of my head under Roy. He brought the best out of players like Zamora, Duff, Dempsey, Gera, Murphy and many more. Granted he was probably out of his depth or overloaded with expectations with Liverpool but frankly the amount of baggage that comes with the Liverpool job is unbelievable! As already mentioned most men would crumble.

This is an outstanding appointment for West Brom. He will firstly sort them out defensively and after that he'll do what he has to do to keep them up. After that I'm positive WBA fans will start seeing some positive football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How long do you think it'll take for Hodgson to reshape the team to suit his direct tactics? WBA play on the floor in an expansive fashion and have done for years. The culture clash will be an issue in itself.

It's Roy's level, I reckon he will do ok.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I like the WBA were playing football - I really hope that continues, would much prefer for some 'non footballing' teams to go down. Roy might give them some hope but given his track record - I wouldn't be going to any away games!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

conor678 wrote: »
    I'm a Fulham fan and I can't see the logic of the stick Roy is getting here! He kept us up when he was appointed which was quite frankly miracle stuff.

didn't fulham pick up just 9 points from hodgsons first 13 league games in charge, that happens again and west brom are gone, his away record is also a huge concern for any team taking him on, its quite interesting west brom in their final 6 away games to places where roy was well beaten already this season, places like stoke, newcastle, spurs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement