Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venison Recipes Please

Options
  • 06-02-2011 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hiya
    I am taking delivery of 1/4 deer tomorrow, it has all been portioned out but don't know what I will be getting yet. I would really appreciate any recipes ye might have for all different cuts of Venison

Thanks
    Pinky :D:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I bought a shoulder of venison during the week. Boned it out, diced the meat and made a sauce with diced onion, carrot and celery, beef stock, reduced red wine and bouquet garni. Once the sauce had reduced and the meat was tender I finished the sauce with reduced red wine vinegar and some grated dark chocolate - tasting all the time until I had the flavour I need. The meat and sauce will go into pies today. Shortcrust base and puff pastry top. Then baked and later frozen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,439 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Pinky123 wrote: »
    Hiya
    I am taking delivery of 1/4 deer tomorrow, it has all been portioned out but don't know what I will be getting yet. I would really appreciate any recipes ye might have for all different cuts of Venison

Thanks
    Pinky :D:confused:

Just treat it like beef.. Slow cooking the tougher parts - shoulder, leg etc and using shorter cooking methods for other parts like the fillet

Using venison instead of beef for classic beef wellington is fantastic. Heres a recipe from James Martin, I find his recipes are usually good

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pepperedfilletofveni_81003

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pinky123

Hiya,

Thanks for the tips, meat is arriving today so I better get cooking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kittenx6

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4811/panfried-venison-with-blackberry-sauce

Got a present of some Venison recently and actually cooked this recipe 3 nights in a row, sooooooooooo tasty and so easy. It would be a sin not to cook it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement