Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chinese dundrum

Options
  • 06-02-2011 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭

hi folks,anybody been to the all you can eat restaurant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Yeah, It's not the most pleasent of places to eat .... feels very much like a canteen and about 75% of the food is made up of grease

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

thanks orlee.cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

I have eatin in their Belfast restuarant and it is fantastic and when they opened the one in Dundrum i was delighted.

But

When we went the food was horrible and like rubber and not tasty at all. While we were eating a customer who was paying complained that the food was horrible and the elderly chinese manager or owner went nuts and started screaming at the family calling them liars and much more.

I will never eat there again because to treat a paying customer like this is rotten and the food is poxy, Dont go its not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

thanks bungler.will be giving that a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Kids will like it as has ice cream machine but did not think the food was great either. Jimmy cheungs on the quays is much better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Was going to try this place on Sunday, glad I didn't after reading this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I was realllllllllllllllly looking forward to this as to me, chinese+ all you can eat= heaven :D

Unfortunatly I got food poisoning and I was in bits for a couple of days :( never again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I have heard of a Chinese in Monkstown that does all you can eat for €15 and it is getting great reviews. Forget the name of it at the moment.

Sad to see this place opening up and not doing that good a job at it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I have heard of a Chinese in Monkstown that does all you can eat for €15 and it is getting great reviews. Forget the name of it at the moment.

Sad to see this place opening up and not doing that good a job at it :o

I also went here, Its the old Empress buildind. We went on the second day they were open and had a bad experience, it was most likely down to a new opening but It's not a buffet you order your starter off a menu and you can only order one and you MUST eat everything on the plate before you can order your next plate so its not the best if your looking to gorge on a mountain of food

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jandm

Went once and that was enough - pricey enough at weekends, greasy food, greasy floor and people stuffing themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Have been here a a couple of times now and can't see myself going back. Selection of dishes is very limited and meat/food is of poor quality compared to other buffets like Chungs, Full House or on Capel Street. Also not particularly cheap when you factor in a couple of drinks. Parking costs also, unless you are in Dundrum for another reason.

Went to Dante the last time instead. €12 for 2 courses. Pizza, pasta, etc.
    Not super quality either, but a better option methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Spiritofthekop

Orlee wrote: »
    Yeah, It's not the most pleasent of places to eat .... feels very much like a canteen and about 75% of the food is made up of grease

This.

ITS AWFUL

Advertisement