Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sausage Casserole Recipe?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hello!!

Im in the mood for sausages tonight :-)

Can anyone give me a easy enough recipe for a sausage casserole please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Made this a couple of times - it is lovely

Somerset Sausage and Cider Casserole

A delicious dish of succulent pork sausages cooked gently in cider with apples and onions.
    Ingredients

1lb (450g) pork sausages ( I sometimes use pork and leek)
    1 tablespoon mild oil or a knob of butter
    1 large onion, sliced into rings
    2 dessert apples, preferably Cox's, sliced thickly
    Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
    1 tablespoon plain flour
    3/4 pint (425ml) dry Somerset cider (I use Bulmers)
    Directions

1. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180 C / 350 F
    2. Heat the oil or butter in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry the sausages until well browned all over. Remove and place in a casserole dish.
    3. Reduce the heat and add the onion and apple slices to the pan. Cook gently for a few minutes until soft.
    4. Sprinkle the flour and spices onto the apple and onion mix and continue to cook for a minute or two, stirring gently. Then, add the cider and continue to stir until the mixture thickens and comes to the boil.
    5. Pour over the sausages in the casserole dish, cover and place in the oven for about 45 minutes.
    6. Serve with mashed potato and green vegetables. It is yummy with buttery mash!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DaniB

Sounds exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks a mil, hopefully i cook it as delicious as it sounds! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭arknine

Try this one...

http://www.kitchen72.com/index.php/2010/06/sausage-casserole-home-made-baked-beans/

<confession - it is from my own blog - so I am biased - but it is delicious>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 GreenFaery

Just tried the sausage and cider dish earlier. All I can say is, NOM NOM NOM NOM! Wish we'd made more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

• Advertisement
Advertisement