Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted break in - advice?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

I live at home with my parents in ther 60's and they went to wexford with my brother for the weekend because they have a house there.

I stayed with the girlfriend last night and when i cam home this morning there was 4 pry marks on the front foor where someone tried to break in.

As my parents spend most of the week on their own as i stay with the missus most nights, i want to look at making the house more secure.

Can anyone advise me on what to do? Whats the best alarm i can get thats not going to cost millions and if there is any other tips to help me i would appreciate it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

HKC, POWERMAX or SIGNET would be good systems to get installed. All these system can be connected to the land line for self monitoring or connection to a central station. Dead bolts on front door is also a must.

Advertisement