Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month broadband provider

• 06-02-2011 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭

Just moved into new house with mate. Looking to get 6 month broadband contract as we are both moving in september.

Any ideas???
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,791 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

perhaps one of those mobile internet you get through a dongle?

or just get a Pay As You Go account each month for 6 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

My gf has a dongle I'm using it now but i would like a broadband connection for 3-4 laptops. Dongle won't cut it. I was thinking there must be a 6 month crowd who are more expensive... 1 yr is not possible.

Don't know about pay-as-you-gp, we'd like a decent size download limit.. maybe a combo with a tv contract, if a 6 month onw as available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm not sure if you can get one on a 6 month contract but O2 and 3 and possibly some of the others do a little mifi dongle that takes a sim and acts as a portable wifi hotspot up to 5 devices can connect to it. Not sure what the range is like though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

connect_5_devices.gif

Our Broadband To Go hotspot, is a wireless internet gadget that allows you to share your connection with friends, or use up to 5 WiFi-enabled devices simultaneously. So, you could browse the net on your laptop while downloading an album to your media player. And you don't have to be at home either - the device gives you WiFi access wherever you go.

http://www.meteor.ie/mobile_broadband/payg/#hotspot-tab

something like that maybe?

Advertisement