Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting connected to services?

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭

I'm currently looking at sites, one of which is advertised with the following; bore well, treatment plant and ESB at roadside.

Can somebody please give me an idea of what is involved in getting connected to these services and an estimate of how much it is likely to cost?

Cheers Murph.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,039 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I take it that you need to install these yourself?

A borehole/well could cost anything from €1000 to €5000. If its an existing well then you may just have to line it and could cost 1k up to 3k depending on depth. But if its a "borehole" or a well that has to be bored then again, depending on the depth, you could be looking at my first figure above.

Sewage treatment systems will typically be around 4k - 5k

ESB - the standard connection fee is around €1600

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

I'm not sure tbh Muffler, I won't know until tomorrow when I contact the auctioneer.

I was hoping it would be an existing well!

Thanks for the reply and figures!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

Treatment tank & percolation area could cost up to €9k

Advertisement