Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job swap Oz/NZ??

Options
  • 06-02-2011 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Im just wondering a few small little things about this. I have worked in a company for 6 years now, and theres speculation that we'll be closing in a years time! I know they do job swaps with other countries. Im seriously considering it!!! I hate my job, being honest, but i know the offices in Austrailia or New Zealand would be much more up to date than we are! I dont think ill be offered much of a redundancy either! but what i really want to do is travel through asia for about a month or two! does anyone know would it be possible to do this, or do you think the company would be expecting me over straight away???
    I know that the company sponsors you to come over, does anyone know if i would be obliged to stay with the company? could i lose my visa if i left the job for another or even if i wanted to travel around austrailia?
    final question :) ... how many would recommend NZ and how many would Oz???
    Sorry, my information is very vague but I havent asked our top bosses about information on this yet, as its only through the grapevine that i heard we could be closing. And if this is the case, i dont want to be duped out of some kind of redundancy! but if anyone else has done a job swap of sort in any country! ANY info would be great :) thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

It sounds like you need to talk to your company and figure out what te story is.

With regard to visas, if a company sponsors you, you're obliged to stay with then unless someone else decides to sponsor you or you have PR. If you leave without another company to pick up the visa, you've a month to leave the country.

In terms of Oz vs NZ, you're going to have to be a bit more specific about what it is you actually want from an area.

Advertisement