Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Latest Independent - Eamonn Blaney & the New Vision

• 06-02-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

I have really been surprised at my own ambivalence to the current election.I dont want to vote for any of the choices that are out there.

I am hearing the samedog dressed up in different hair by the political parties. Wacko economic theories like "lets borrow shedloads of money and not pay it back"

So bumping into someone I vaguely know , Eamonn Blaney, running for Election on shoestring budget made me a bit more interested. There is no good independent canditate in my constituency and I wish Eamonn was running where I live.

New Vision.ie - An Independent Alliance for a new Ireland.

[ This website will be 'live' on Friday Feb 4th @ 3pm, when a full list of the candidates and their constituencies will be included. If you want to join us or want more information please send an email to info@NewVision.ie or Call 0872 106 400 ]

New Vision is an association of independent candidates, working together to change the way we ‘do’ politics in Ireland.
    All NewVision candidates are committed to vote ‘en bloc’ as a political alliance for the following four national policies, if elected.

1 The separation of Bank debt and Sovereign debt

2 The overhaul of the Political, Public & Civil Service

3 A creditable workable strategy to create and retain jobs

4 Restructure the state energy and mineral resources.

We are of the collective opinion that without these four fundamental changes to how our Country is run and governed, Ireland will become financially, economically and morally bankrupt in the very near future. Some would say it already has. This situation can only change if we, as a united and passionate people, stick together against the power and might of those who have nearly destroyed us and our collective future. General Election 2011 will decide the future of our Country, for generations to come.

Do the right thing – vote Independent, vote New Vision

http://newvision.ie/wordpress/

I have posted before on John Bruton saying that Civil Servants are running the country with politicans rubber stamping their policies. The cheek of them.

Why haven't Fine Gael or Fianna Fail made that issue part of the Election.

New Vision of informed Independents emerges at meeting held by McWilliams

1224288695000_1.jpgDavid McWilliams speaks at a meeting of Independent candidates and volunteers in Gateway House, Capel Street, Dublin, yesterday.Photograph: Cyril Byrne

Economist wants candidates from outside the big parties to have access to the same economic information, writes RONAN McGREEVY
    BY HIS own admission economist David McWilliams “hasn’t a rasher of organising anything”, but he still managed to attract 75 would-be volunteers to his organisation for the forthcoming election.
    McWilliams sent out a post on Twitter looking for volunteers to help provide free economic advice to Independent candidates who might feel underprepared if asked on the doorstep what they would do about the EU-IMF bailout or the National Asset Management Agency.
    McWilliams expected five volunteers to turn up yesterday to a lunchtime gathering in Gateway House, in Capel Street, Dublin.
    Instead, he got more than 60, along with at least six Independent candidates.
    Riverdance producer John McColgan had offered the use of the building to Democracy Now, the organisation which will not now be fielding candidates in the general election.
    “I have this idea but I don’t know how to execute it, but I’m hoping the people in this room know how to do it,” McWilliams said. “I need ideas, I need organisers and I need people to step up and say, ‘Yes, I know how this can be done and how it can be communicated’.”
    The goal was to make “economics democratic” where somebody with “no machine and no money” could avail of access to the same economic information as a candidate from one of the major parties.
    McWilliams said the meeting was “democratic chaos” and that the group would be finalising its campaign over the coming days with the help of the volunteers.
    The Independents or would-be Independents who turned up for the meeting were Eamonn Blaney, the son of the former Fianna Fáil minister Neil Blaney, who is standing in Dublin North-East; estate agent Nick Crawford and solicitor Declan Gardener, who are looking to stand in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown; Dublin referee Michael J Loftus, who is standing in Dublin North-West; Paul Doonan, who is standing in Cork South West; and businessman David D’Arcy, who will be standing in Longford- Westmeath.
    Blaney told the meeting they would be launching a movement called New Vision (newvision.ie) in the coming days and he had several strong Independents who will unite around four principles – the chief of which will be belief that there should be no bank bailout.
    Blaney said that they broadly agreed with McWilliams’s economic views. Armed with the economic advice, Independents could no longer be described as a “ragtag” by the established parties.
    Ronnie Tucker, a Stanford University MBA who gives financial advice to employees who work for multinationals, said he was prepared to help out.
    “I want to see if we could do anything to get this country back on track from a political reform point of view.”
    Afterwards, McWilliams defended his decision not to stand in the election himself. “I never, ever said I wanted to be a politician. I don’t know where it came from. I’ve been told I have no bottle, but I stood up against everybody in the last 10 years and I’ve been sneered at.”
    On RTÉ Radio 1’s John Murray Show , Eamon Dunphy said Democracy Now had simply run of time before the election.
    “We thought the election was going to be held in March. When the Greens walked it made it too tight of a deadline. We needed time to reflect and organise. It was too difficult.”
    Dunphy said it had been a learning experience and the problems of the country would not be going away any time soon. Dunphy said there were too many “gombeen men and gombeen women” in Irish politics and there were “outstanding people” who had offered their services to Democracy Now.
    “We have the basis to try and grow the movement and put down roots in constituencies,” he said.

We also have the crazy method of political party funding with Fine Gael being outed with a secret 3m euro slush fund today -yet Independents cannot get the dosh together for that.

They get free Election Money from the state but are up to their old tricks.

Fine Gael’s secret cash from developers: Hundreds of thousands of euro handed over at lavish golf events

By Michael O'farrell
    Last updated at 2:58 AM on 6th February 2011

Fine Gael has secretly raised hundreds of thousands of euro from business donors including property developers, bankers and the racing industry, the Irish Mail on Sunday can reveal.

An investigation by this paper has established that the party has been able to bring in up to €150,000 a time by hosting businessmen to lavish golf days at luxurious British and Irish courses.

Fine Gael this weekend refused to disclose how much it has received from such gifts, or to identify the companies that have helped it build up a €3m election war chest.

I mean after hearing a week of use of State cars and the Government Jet from Richard Bruton I wake up to this.

I like words like overhaul which is what is needed.

Where have our politicians learnt to talk in figures like billions (1,000,000,000) without blinking . This is Ireland, an Island state off the West Coast of Europe.

I don't know if any of these guys like Eamonn Blaney will get elected but they deserve to be heard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I have found his website/blog

He has published some straight talking in the Sindo last year.

http://www.eamonnblaney.com/wordpress/blog/2010/08/22/root-out-public-sector-and-bank-untouchables/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GreenLady

I notice that the best paid of this bunch aren't going to risk their precious media jobs to actually do the hard work of running the country
    And they can't even think of a name of their own - they have to pinch it off a bunch of pretty half baked left wing Greens who are, nonetheless, prepared to have a go - and were prepared to have a go months ago when they registered their baby political party as Fis Nua - New Vision
    So McWhinger and Dumbphy and their friends have neither committment not originality in my book. Which makes them just about the same as all the rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

This is the guy that was on Frontline saying that instead of giving more money to the banks, we should give him 50k to set up his own business. This is the same guy that has had a string of failed business.

I dont understand your point. Has he done anything illegal that would disqualify him from being a TD or has he been involved in businesses that have since closed etc.

What are you saying Senna ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

CDfm wrote: »
    I dont understand your point. Has he done anything illegal that would disqualify him from being a TD or has he been involved in businesses that have since closed etc.

senna is indulging in the ancient Irish practice of begrudgery . it takes many many forms but is at its most virulent when directed at people who might have taken a chance in business and failed . phd holders begrugery are usually people whose biggest risk in life was a 3 bed semi (mind u thats risky in itself ) and their happiest whenever they can call foul on anybody such as mr blaney who might dare put his neck above the parapet again .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I don’t understand your point. Has he done anything illegal that would disqualify him from being a TD or has he been involved in businesses that have since closed etc.

No i'm not saying or even hinting at anything illegal or a reason to disqualify him from running. They are failed business, nothing more.
    danbohan wrote: »
    senna is indulging in the ancient Irish practice of begrudgery.

Not at all, he said on Frontline that money should be invested in entrepreneurs. If he had of left it there i'd have no problem. But he stated HE should be invested it, HE could create jobs. From the outside it was a good statement, but i could only laugh, as he has proved he cannot run a successful business. But its typical of a politician to be demanding money for investment from the public purse when his business sense is non existent. “Give a good rousing speech but just don’t look at the facts behind the man”.

All an entrepeneur is is someone who believes they can make a living out of something that someone else does not see the potential in.

In the US people go thru this process all the time.

Senna , it does seem a bit begrudgerish, to knock someone for being involved in business start ups. Sales people get behind product and services that don't run in the long term all the time. Its their job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eamonn Blaney

Senna wrote: »
    This is the guy that was on Frontline saying that instead of giving more money to the banks, we should give him 50k to set up his own business. This is the same guy that has had a string of failed business.

Hi Senna, my name is Eamonn Blaney, and you can find out everything about me on my website i.e. I have put myself out there for all to see. I, like you, have beliefs and opinions which you may or may not agree with. Fair enough. What is not, is your unfounded statement that I have had 'a string of failed business's'.

How would like to define 'failed' ? Closed down owing people money? Never once in my life. Started and then found that it was not viable to continue, for any number of reasons ? Many, many times.

I have never had a 'failed' business never mind a string of them. Maybe you should talk to any of the 100+ people that I provided jobs to over the years and ask them what they thought of me?

As regards my statement on RTE's Frontline, I suggest that you get onto the RTE Player and listen to what I actually said as it appears that You TOTALLY misunderstood my points. I suggested that ANY new business should have to compete for investment from the State, up to €50k, and that the public servants that award the money should have a portion of their salary based on the profits from the company in which the State invested ( on their advice or recommendation) i.e. performance related pay.

Anonymous unfounded begrudgery is exactly that. And if you have a problem with me I would be delighted to meet you and put the record straight.

Tell, you what Senna (incidentally, Senna was the BEST driver to have ever taken the wheel!) if you think I am full of it, vote for someone else or better still, go for election yourself.

You don't have to like me (some people actually don't :)) but please be fair and stick to the facts. I ain't perfect and like you, have made mistakes in my time but I have never spread defamatory rumours about anyone, even if I didn't like or agree with them.

Personally, I couldn't give a toss what anyone who doesn't know me thinks of me on a personal level but I do try every day to be an honourable, honest and decent member of the Human Race. I can do no more than that :).

Regards, Eamonn
    Dublin North East candidate in GE2011
    www.EamonnBlaney.com
    www.CringeFactor.com
    http://www.NewVision.com
    ps if I don't get back to the 'Board' quickly it's because I'm kinda busy trying to get elected and and make the Country a better place to live in :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭brendankelly

GreenLady wrote: »
    I notice that the best paid of this bunch aren't going to risk their precious media jobs to actually do the hard work of running the country
    And they can't even think of a name of their own - they have to pinch it off a bunch of pretty half baked left wing Greens who are, nonetheless, prepared to have a go - and were prepared to have a go months ago when they registered their baby political party as Fis Nua - New Vision
    So McWhinger and Dumbphy and their friends have neither committment not originality in my book. Which makes them just about the same as all the rest

Fis Nua (New Vision) is to create a new sustainable economy based on our natural resources (I.e. gas and oil, forestry, agriculture, solar power, wave energy), and to give a voice to local communities in decision making by having Aarhus Convention (Local Agenda 21) transposed into Irish Law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

• Advertisement

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Eamonn, welcome to boards (I'm one of the founders btw). I completely agree with you regarding the idea of "failed businesses" in this country. I had a company, nothing to do with Boards, which went bankrupt through no fault of my own (IT web-dev bust) and while colleagues in the US were praised for offering employment (I employ 12 devs and sales people for 5 years) I was hounded by the ODCE until they were happy I had "done nothing wrong".

The fact that I generated 12 jobs and over 1M in tax payments was completely ignored.

Good luck with your run mate, even if you arent elected (and I hope you are) people here need to STOP thinking of failure as a bad thing. Get up, brush yourself off and get back on the horse. I did, and boards is one of the results.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭NewVision

Fact is that those 'New Vision' people have stolen the name from FÍS NUA, a party that exists since last summer and is now registered for all Irish and European elections.

Mr. Blaney submitted an application form dated 26th January 2011 to register the business name "NewVision" and stated on the application form that the nature of the business being carried on under that name was "Promotions". He did not include any reference in his application to "Political Party".

Maybe they should have googled before claiming the name of an already existing party. Not a good "promotion".

clown bag wrote: »

He doesn't even know his own website address. LOL

I knew FF means soldiers of destiny but had to google FG to come up with the "tribe of irish" but names in Irish often cause confusion.

IndyMedia ran a piece in it on Sunday.

A Clarification about Fis Nua and New Vision.

star.gifnational | elections | opinion/analysis date.gif Sunday February 06, 2011 16:39person.gif by troisc report.gif
    FIS NUA and New Vision
    This is some confusion around about Fis Nua and New Vision.
    460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_fis_nua.jpg

Fís Nua is a registered political party and has been entered on the Register of Political Parties as from 12 noon Feb 4th 2011. They have so far been refused entry on the Register of Political Parties in force for the general election. Their membership is mostly former members of the Green party of Ireland.

An ex-member of Fianna Fail, Eamonn Blaney, has set up an umbrella group (not a political party) of independents who agree on a common set of four policies (separation of bank debt and sovereign debt;overhaul of the public service; a strategy to create jobs; and what they call "the restructure" of the state's energy resources). The have not registered as a party, since they are clear that beyond these four points, they will act as independents.

Fís Nua which is the Irish for New Vision says that it is aware that this other political alliance has announced its intention to call itself 'New Vision'.

They say: "This Alliance does not have an association with Fís Nua, and is not registered as a political party. We are in contact with that movement with a view to co-operation and compromise to avoid any possible confusion."

New Vision (not Fis Nua) has not commented on Fis Nua, and it is not clear how a political party can co-operate with a group of independent candidates.

Neither group has indicated a desire to change name.

New Vison.com sells nutrition supplements.

New Vision Daily is a newspaper in Uganda.

David McWilliams used to do ads for Tesco.

Clear now?
    Related Link: http://newvision.com
    460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_new_vision.jpg http://www.indymedia.ie/article/98835

I did a search for Fis Nua and came up with an existing company in Galway "Nua Fis Teoranta" that has been running since 1998.

http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishCompanyReport?companyNumber=285594&companyName=NUA+FIS+TEORANTA

There could be more to this.

New Vision. You are registered here since Aug 2010.
    Who do you support????

The political party, Fis Nua, have absolutely nothing to do with www.NewVision.ie . New Vision is a registered name and trademark (see wwwcro.ie). We are engaged in the dissemination and redistribution of information regarding the 20 Independent candidates who have come together to change this country.

Eamonn Blaney, registered owner of New Vison and www.NewVision.ie

You say in you post that I am 'ex Fianna Fail'! Where did you get that one ???

I absolutely detest Fianna FAIL and never been a member of ANY political party, ever.

Clear enough ?

Eamonn Blaney, candidate for the Dublin North East constituency.
    www.EamonnBlaney.com
    www.NewVision.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

Hi Mr. Blaney,
    It's great to see that you've registered on boards however I was just wondering if you could answer a few questions

1. What is your position on the introduction of civil parent/adoption rights for members of the LGBT community?

2. What's your position on the re-introduction of fees for third level?

3. What is you position on the provision of secular education for primary school children?

Interested to hear your views as a constituent in the area you're running in.

• Advertisement

I do not recall writing that you were Ex FF and if I did I would apologise for that insulting remark.

Fis Nua/New Vision after months and years of painstaking work by people passionate about protecting their Natural Resources for the next generation is now a registered Political Party.

Fis Nua (New Vision) is to create a new sustainable economy based on our natural resources (I.e. gas and oil, forestry, agriculture, solar power, wave energy), and to give a voice to local communities in decision making by having Aarhus Convention (Local Agenda 21) transposed into Irish Law.

None of the established parties have mentioned our natural resources and the Fis Nua ambition is to have our natural resources on the agenda for this election. Particularly the 420,000,000,000 euros worth of oil and gas that a corrupt politician gave away. We all hear about the bank bail out, IMF etc but nothing about the scandal of giving away our Oil and Gas.

How many on this list know that one and a half million acres of Irish land is up for sale????.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭NSNO

AvaKinder wrote: »
    Hi Mr. Blaney,
    It's great to see that you've registered on boards however I was just wondering if you could answer a few questions

1. What is your position on the introduction of civil parent/adoption rights for members of the LGBT community?

2. What's your position on the re-introduction of fees for third level?

3. What is you position on the provision of secular education for primary school children?

Interested to hear your views as a constituent in the area you're running in.

I'd also be very interested to hear your stance on the above.

Also, will you make it a priority to push any Government for legislation regarding the X Case ruling?

Will you support full gay marriage?

Will you support the abolition of section 37?

What are your positions regarding political reform? What do you believe needs to be changed/abolished and why?

I knew FF means soldiers of destiny but had to google FG to come up with the "tribe of irish" but names in Irish often cause confusion.

IndyMedia ran a piece in it on Sunday.

I did a search for Fis Nua and came up with an existing company in Galway "Nua Fis Teoranta" that has been running since 1998.

http://www.solocheck.ie/FreeIrishCompanyReport?companyNumber=285594&companyName=NUA+FIS+TEORANTA

There could be more to this.

Indymedia also reported about the foundation of FÍS NUA - New Vision.

Fís Nua: A New Political Party in Ireland
    Wednesday August 11, 2010

Fís Nua (New Vision) Inaugural Convention and First Public Meeting
    Friday September 03, 2010

One should not mix up a business (name) and a (name of a) political party. These are two different things.

What Mr. Blaney did is registering a business (promotion) under the name NewVision, but now running a political alliance under this name.
    clown bag wrote: »

Maybe he thinks he owns the whole world...

NewVision wrote: »
    Indymedia also reported about the foundation of FÍS NUA - New Vision.

Fís Nua: A New Political Party in Ireland
    Wednesday August 11, 2010

Fís Nua (New Vision) Inaugural Convention and First Public Meeting
    Friday September 03, 2010

One should not mix up a business (name) and a (name of a) political party. These are two different things.

I disagree, when I looked up the names I went to the Company Registration Office Website and found "Nua Fis" thru the name search using "Fis Nua".

Its a legal entity and a computer company in Galway.

Apple Records sued Apple Computers over use of their name and trademark. The Beatles vs Steve Jobes.

An English Band "Nirvana" got a settlement from Kurt Cobains "Nirvana".

It does seem a little like pot & Kettle here.
    Maybe he thinks he owns the whole world.

I don't think that is fair because the connection/ translation is not obvious.

Why hadn't FIS NUA registered the business names or was it a case that they could not because someone else had prior claim to them. If they had none of this would have happened.

NSNO wrote: »
    I'd also be very interested to hear your stance on the above.

Also, will you make it a priority to push any Government for legislation regarding the X Case ruling?

Will you support full gay marriage?

Will you support the abolition of section 37?

What are your positions regarding political reform? What do you believe needs to be changed/abolished and why?

+ 1

I would like to see Enda Kenny or Eamonn Gilmore answer that one.

It is some question.

I had a different version of this on another thread.

I agree, but that has been the allocation method of resourses.

So maybe if the system was to be overhauled rather then just introducing swinging cuts issues like male suicide got a fair crack.

It is not so long ago that the Department of the Family was the Department of Women & Children. The new department is staffed by the same people and do they have the same policies.

It did not just exclude heterosexual men like me , lots of people like the LGBT were also excluded.

Take domestic violence issues, if there is no help for male victims that stretches across to the gay & lesbian community, the elderly and children in single parent families.

Words like societal etc are fairly abstract. The couple of thousand I spent on dentistry last year plus the prsi & tax changes left me thousands worse off.

Divorced Dad paying maintenence.

So these are real issues for me.

I dont know what you mean by this :confused:

I imagine that gay marriage and adoption are real issues for the gay community .

The Cohabitation Bill was an absolute shambles, it concerned cohabitting hetero couples rather then the gay issues.

So if you have bad laws and practices you should see where the politciians you support stand on them.

If the LGBT community is treated badly and they are organised , I am fairly sure I will be too, so I have a vested interest in their welfare too.

I might ask a question on an issue as it affects me but I am a citizen with a vote.

S when I say Mens Health , it is a yardstick I will use to assess policy but accross areas.

So Mr B - where do you stand on these issue's ??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

He might be able to answer for himself but not for the 20 or so independents they represent because they have only agreed on 4 main points to combine on.

Oh and lol at Indymedia as a source for anything.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dr Mary Attenborough

The political party, Fis Nua, have absolutely nothing to do with www.NewVision.ie . New Vision is a registered name and trademark (see wwwcro.ie). We are engaged in the dissemination and redistribution of information regarding the 20 Independent candidates who have come together to change this country.

Eamonn Blaney, registered owner of New Vison and www.NewVision.ie

Registering a business name with Company Registrations Office gives no claim to the use of that name. Please see
    http://www.cro.ie/ena/business-registration-business-name.aspx
    and I quote
    "
    You should note that registration of a business name:
    • does not give protection against duplication of the name;
    • does not imply that the name will necessarily prove acceptable subsequently as a company name;
    • does not authorise the use of the name if its use could be prohibited for other reasons. It should not for instance be taken as an indication that no rights (e.g. trade marks rights) exist in the name."
    In this case use of the name 'New Vision' by any other grouping in the election is prohibited because we have officially registered our political party Fís Nua with the Registrar of Political Parties (who is also the Clerk of the Dáil). Fís Nua translates to New Vision in English. We registered in the Irish version of the name as Irish is the first language of the state.

Registering as a political party does give us rights over the name in relation to elections in the 26 counties and no other group has the right to use the name.

Eamonn Blaney is the director of three companies, although apparently also unemployed, and operating as a sole trader under the business name 'New Vision'. Being a director I would have thought would have given Eamonn some understanding in relation to intellectual property rights and business names.

I find your assertion that you have the trademark on 'New Vision' disengenuous in the extreme. You have no trademark. This assertion is apparently made to confuse people which group has legality on its side in this case. This is not the sort of behaviour I would associate with a new start in politics.

We need a new type of politician who is open and honest, anti-corruption and not interested in the use of expediency to get themselves out of a tight corner. Your behaviour in relation to our political party has not shown you to be the new type of politician that Ireland needs.

When we heard of your group we spent a week holding out the hand of friendship to try to arrange meetings between your independent grouping and our political party. That is because we believe that change is possible in politics and that is part of our New Vision. Your response to us has even more shown that you are not entitled to the name.

I looked up the rules on registering of Political Parties and in summary FIS NUA as a party wasn't registered until Feb 4th and is not on the Register to be used on February 25th.

I did a web search on Iris Oifigiúil. and could not find it there.

My point being that all this stuff is fairly recent and FIS NUA's registration was delayed to the last possible minute for whatever reason.

Perhaps it did not meet the criteia or perhaps it did not have the resourses to do so.

Rules

To be registered, your party has to satisfy the Registrar that:
    • It is organised to contest elections
    • It does not have less than 300 recorded members aged 18 or over. A party that applies for registration as a party organised to contest elections in part of the State, local elections or elections to Údarás na Gaeltachta only needs 100 recorded members aged 18 or over and at least least half of the party's recorded members are on the Register of Electors. Or
    • The party has at least one member who, at the time of the application, is a member of the Dáil or a representative of the European Parliament and who certifies in writing to the Registrar that he or she is a member of the party
    • In the case of a party that applies as a party organised to contest only local elections, the party has at least three members who, at the time of application, are members of a local authority and who each certify that he or she is a member of the party
    • In the case of a party that applies as a party organised to only contest elections to Údarás na Gaeltachta, the party has at least one member who, at the time of application, is a member of Údarás na Gaeltachta and certifies that he or she is a member of the party.
    In addition, the party must have a constitution, a memorandum or another document or set of rules that have been adopted by the party and that provide for:
    • An annual or other periodic meeting or conference of the party
    • An executive committee or similar body elected by the party, which administers the business of the party.
    A party will not be registered if its name:
    • Is identical to the name, abbreviation or acronym of the name of any registered party or so closely resembles the name, abbreviation or acronym of the name of a party as to be likely to confuse the public, or
    • Consists of more than six words or
    • In the case of a party operating in relation to a particular part of the State, does not include sufficient reference to that part to make it clear that the party only operates in relation to that part.
    An application to register a political party emblem will not be granted if the emblem:
    • Is likely to be confused by voters with a registered emblem used by another party
    • Is obscene or offensive
    • Is of such a character that its publication would be likely to amount to the commission of a offence
    • Includes a word or expression, which if it was or was part of the party's name, would prevent the party from being registered.
    Unregistered parties are entitled to fight elections but the party's name will not appear on the ballot paper.
    The following details are entered in the Register of Political Parties:
    • The name of the party, including any abbreviation or acronym
    • The emblem, if an application for its registration has been granted
    • The address of the party's headquarters
    • The name or names of the officer or officers of the party who are authorised to sign certificates authenticating the party's candidates at elections
    • The type or types of election that the party is registered as being organised to contest
    • Where the party is registered as organised to contest elections in a specified part of the State, a reference to that fact and to the part of the State concerned
    • The name of any political group with which the party is affiliated.
    When the Registrar has considered your application for registration, you will be notified of the decision and informed about the reasons for refusal if your application is refused and details of how to appeal the decision. Notice of decision will be published in Iris Oifigiúil. (Iris Oifigiúil is the official means used by the Irish Government to announce appointments to public offices and publish proclamations; statutory instruments; appointment of receivers to companies; etc.).
    Appeals can be made in writing, within 21 days of the decision, to the Clerk of the Seanad together with a deposit of €634.87. The appeal board consists of a Judge of the High Court acting as Chairman, and the Chairman of the Dáil and the Chairman of the Seanad.
    Anyone can inspect the register of political parties in Ireland by contacting the office of the Registrar and making an appointment (see "Where to apply").

Rates

An appeal against the refusal of an application for registration requires a deposit of €634.87 to be paid.
    There is no fee for inspecting the register of political parties or for registering a political party in Ireland.

How to apply

Contact the Office of the Registrar of Political Parties and request an application form. You will receive a copy of the application form, together with with a copy of the relevant extract from the Electoral (Amendment) Act, 2001. The application form to register your political party is not currently available to download online.

Where To Apply

Office of the Registrar of Political Parties

Leinster House
    Dublin 2
    Ireland
    Tel:
    +353 (0)1 6184200 or +353 (0)1 6183438
    Fax:
    +353 (0)1 6184102
    Homepage:
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?fn=/documents/a-misc/orgchart.htm
    Email:
    clerk@oireachtas.ie

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/national_government/houses_of_the_oireachtas/registering_a_political_party.html
    FIS NUA was not registered as a party until Feb 4th.
    The Irish Times - Monday, February 7, 2011New party targets corruption

FIONA GARTLAND
    FÍS NUA: A NEW political party, Fís Nua, has promised to remove corruption from public and political life.
    At the launch of its campaign, on Saturday the party, officially registered on February 4th, confirmed it would run six candidates.
    The Fís Nua candidates include Wicklow town councillor Pat Kavanagh, Dr Ben Nutty in Waterford and Donal O’Riordain, Cork South West, all former Green Party members. Gerry Kinsella will run in Wicklow, Ian Clotworthy in Dublin South East and Liam Johnston in Dublin Central.
    Its policies include the establishment of local currencies at council level to be linked together through a national network. The local currencies would work in a similar way to the Kenmare Youro, already in operation in the Kerry town. Shoppers there can buy youros for 95c, and so get a 5 per cent discount on goods when they shop locally.
    The party also proposes a “steady State economy” that features “sustainable scale, fair distribution of wealth, and efficient allocation of resources”.
    It proposes the establishment of a national redevelopment community fund to make loans available to community organisations and small businesses. It would introduce a basic income for all, reduce VAT by 3 per cent, phase out VRT and motor tax and replace both with a fuel surcharge. It would also “demerge banks” to reduce the risks of systemic failure.
    I checked the Fis Nua website and New Vision does not appear on the header.Fis Nua brands itself as Fis Nua.

logoworldingrass2.jpg

Now - I have to ask the question - does anyone seriously believe that any reasonable person anywhere would be confused .I think not.

It seems to be one of those unfortunate life coincidences.

But for both focus should be on getting their respective messages out there.

EDIT - here are links to the actual register of parties and it would appear that FIS NUA does not appear on the register to be used for the Election to be held on 25 February.

Register of Political Parties

For further information on the Register of Political Parties please contact:

The Office of the Registrar of Political Parties:
    Leinster House
    Kildare Street
    Dublin 2

Tel:+353 (0)1 6184200 or +353 (0)1 6183438
    Fax:+353 (0)1 6184102
    Email:clerk@oireachtas.ie

View the Register of Political Parties
    [Please note this is the Register in force for the forthcoming General Election to be held on 25th February 2011]

View the Register of Political Parties 8/2
    [Please note that this latest version of the Register is not the Register in force for the General Election to be held on 25th February 2011]

you can inspect the register and download them here

http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/tdssenators/registerofpoliticalparties/

So there you have it. Fis Nua was not registered as a Party for the Election to be held on Feb 25 th.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote: »

Oh and lol at Indymedia as a source for anything.

DeV.

*takes the hump*

Well excuse me for using Indymedia.

I hope my latest post (no 30 above) meets your exacting standards. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70608624&postcount=30

Yours pedantically

Seedy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liz Kaye

I have to agree with the above poster. Both groups should focus on getting their message out there. I see the www.fisnua.com website has a sound manifesto and definitely worth following. I will be giving my number one to Pat Kavanagh as she is well known around wicklow as having integrity and vision. I cant speak in the same way for this mr blaney, except for the sins of the fathers etc, but im sure he will do ok. Anyone who throws money at a problem generally thinks they can do well.
    I am generally an apolitical person, but I have to say that I'm really impressed by the www.fisnua.com politics. Working at a local level to create jobs and keep our heritage.

I looked up the rules on registering of Political Parties and in summary FIS NUA as a party wasn't registered until Feb 4th.

I did a web search on Iris Oifigiúil. and could not find it there.

I think you have a problem with the use of the fada.
    Please see
    http://www.irisoifigiuil.ie/currentissues/Ir140111.pdf
    and search for Fís Nua within the pdf document.

We were in the process of registering for 2 months. Any enquiry to the Registrar of Political Parties as to pending registrations would have confirmed as such.

Before we started the registration process we had to develop a constitution and a manifesto. We decided on a name and a draft manifesto in June 2010. We adopted the manifesto and constitution at an inaugural convention in September 2010. We then recruited the required 300 members and started the registration process before Christmas. We also had to prove that we had active groups and that we were organised to contest elections in the state.

My point being that all this stuff is fairly recent and FIS NUA's registration was delayed to the last possible minute for whatever reason.

Perhaps it did not meet the criteia or perhaps it did not have the resourses to do so.

There was nothing recent about our organising as a political party. It was going on actually before June of last year. However being an effective political party takes a lot of organisational effort and we had no big name backers or people who wanted to give us money. Everything has been done by people committed to the message of sustainability, ending the bank bailout and for an end to corruption. All the work has been done in our spare time.

The only group that have done things at the last minute are the unregistered group refering to itself as 'New Vision'. Being several months too late to consider a political party Eamonn Blaney registered a business name claiming to be trading as 'NewVision'. This gives no right to the use of the name in relation to elections and it took only 4 days to register. No checks are undertaken in relation to business name registration by the Companies Registration Office.

I checked the Fis Nua website and New Vision does not appear on the header.Fis Nua brands itself as Fis Nua.

Now - I have to ask the question - does anyone seriously believe that any reasonable person anywhere would be confused .I think not.

It seems to be one of those unfortunate life coincidences.

But for both focus should be on getting their respective messages out there and not

We often refer to ourselves to non Irish speakers as Fís Nua - New Vision. We have also been appearing on the first page of google.ie for a search on 'New Vision' for several months (The Indymedia article
    http://www.indymedia.ie/article/97568 still appears on the first page - this is concerning our inaugural convention)

There has been massive confusion over the name since this unregistered group of independents launched and I have received texts from friends asking for clarification, www.electionsireland.org initially listed all the independents claiming to be 'New Vision' as Fís Nua and Newstalk put our logo next to an article about that same group of independents.

Our name is Fís Nua, however we are in a bilingual country and our name is 'New Vision' when translated into English. We have claim over that name (which is just one name expressed in two languages) in relation to elections within the state.

The law in relation to political parties is there to stop the electorate from being confused. We are passed the discussion phase on this now. This other group needs to decide either to join us, and go through the democratic selection process as candidates, or to choose another name for their grouping.

FÍS NUA - New Vision, has been on the political tribune since last summer. Several online and newspaper articles have appeared since. I posted some examples earlier on.

A little bit of a googling would have shown Mr. Blaney that a party exists under the name, "FÍS NUA - New Vision". He could easily have avoided the confusion in the public by registering a name that is not already in use by a political party. So this choice of a name was unprofessional at the least (also providing us with the wrong URL here in his signature). The question is more, was it done on purpose, or did he just not care, and is he willing to withdraw from that name for a political group now?

Fact is that many people who originally wanted to know more about this 'NewVision' alliance are now getting on the FÍS NUA website. I'm getting phone calls from such people every day.

Hi Mary

I am not affiliated to any political party or candidate and I can see that the election caught everybody by surprise.

The administrative procedures are extremely onerous and the reason I listed them was to demonstrate to people how exacting they actually are and the sheer amount of work involved.

I have posted on other threads how I feel that method of funding established political parties from our taxes and thru public funds is wrong and anti-democratic making it difficult for new groups and indpendents to put together the resourses to run a campaign. It is something I feel strongly about.

Mostly, I do not keep up to date with politics, I am one of those people that has become cynical and switched off.

Though my "politics" is different to yours - I admire what you are doing and what Eamonn Blaney is doing. We need more diversity , competition and energy in politics.

I am fairly horrified at the vast sums in billions being wasted in public services and the waste.

Fair dues to yourselves and Eamonn Blaney for getting up and running and taking the time to answer questions thru boards & maybe it can help to get your wider message out there. :)

Best of luck with the campaign.

CDfm

NewVision wrote: »

A little bit of a googling would have shown Mr. Blaney that a party exists under the name, "FÍS NUA - New Vision". He could easily have avoided the confusion in the public by registering a name that is not already in use by a political party. So this choice of a name was unprofessional at the least (also providing us with the wrong URL here in his signature). The question is more, was it done on purpose, or did he just not care, and is he willing to withdraw from that name for a political group now?

I started this thread after accidentally bumping into him and asked him what he was up to.

I vaguely know the man but am an avid boards user.

So I checked if he was listed as a candidate on boards and he wasn't. So I posted on the error thread on him and other candidates not listed in that constituency.

There are a lot of threads there on the issues and constuencies you guys are running in and it would be great to see more info on you getting posted.

Anyway -thats me out of the name discussion.I dont have a side but can understand how it happened.

• Advertisement

Hi Mary

I am not affiliated to any political party or candidate and I can see that the election caught everybody by surprise.

The administrative procedures are extremely onerous and the reason I listed them was to demonstrate to people how exacting they actually are and the sheer amount of work involved.

I have posted on other threads how I feel that method of funding established political parties from our taxes and thru public funds is wrong and anti-democratic making it difficult for new groups and indpendents to put together the resourses to run a campaign. It is something I feel strongly about.

Mostly, I do not keep up to date with politics, I am one of those people that has become cynical and switched off.

Though my "politics" is different to yours - I admire what you are doing and what Eamonn Blaney is doing. We need more diversity , competition and energy in politics.

I am fairly horrified at the vast sums in billions being wasted in public services and the waste.

Fair dues to yourselves and Eamonn Blaney for getting up and running and taking the time to answer questions thru boards & maybe it can help to get your wider message out there. :)

Best of luck with the campaign.

CDfm

Thanks for your good wishes CDfm. Sorry you are feeling cynical. Why not join us, you only need to sign up to our principles, which are concerning sustainability, democracy and rights to equal treatments for all see our membership form
    http://fisnua.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Fis-Nua-membership-form-Oct-2010.pdf

Getting involved with other people in the political process can be revitalising. If you are in Dublin there is a cross party election meeting
    http://generalelection.ie/republic2011/
    on Tuesday 15th, 7pm in the Button Factory, Temple Bar : Dublin 2 which Liam Johnston, our candidate for Dublin Central is taking part in. It should be a great evening.

I can't agree with you about the funding of political parties. I think that providing adequate state funding for political parties is much better than relying on corporate donations, which can bias a political party towards supporting vested interests.

One of the reasons that we were devastated about missing the registration deadline (by 3 days - when the election was brought forward from March) for appearing on the ballot papers for this election is that we have little hope of getting funding now until after the next general election. However, we are of course, confident of getting at least one TD elected and our candidates have pledged to give a proportion of their salary to the party - so please vote Fís Nua!

All the best
    Mary

One of the reasons that we were devastated about missing the registration deadline (by 3 days - when the election was brought forward from March) for appearing on the ballot papers for this election is that we have little hope of getting funding now until after the next general election. However, we are of course, confident of getting at least one TD elected and our candidates have pledged to give a proportion of their salary to the party - so please vote Fís Nua!

All the best
    Mary

Ouch. Thats gotta hurt.

Everyone be nice to the independents and small parties cos they have no money. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Liz Kaye

From small acorns do mighty oak's grow. I'll be voting for Cllr Pat Kavanagh in wicklow and for www.fisnua.com. Its no sin to be broke, the bigger sin is what the government have actually done with our money!

Liz Kaye wrote: »
    From small acorns do mighty oak's grow. I'll be voting for Cllr Pat Kavanagh in wicklow and for www.fisnua.com. Its no sin to be broke, the bigger sin is what the government have actually done with our money!

Thank you so much for your open support for FÍS NUA.
    ;)

We have Candidates for

Dublin Central, Liam Johnston

Dublin South East, Peadar O'Ceallaigh

Waterford, Dr. Ben Nutty

Wicklow, Cllr. Pat Kavanagh and Gerry Kinsella

=> Fís Nua – New Vision, Candidates

I came across this a few days ago in the Irish Times and it is very fair how everyone has conducted themselves in the media on this issue.

Major kudos.
    The Irish Times - Thursday, February 10, 2011New Vision tells of public anger

PAUL CULLEN and MARIE O'HALLORAN
    INDEPENDENTS: A GROUP of Independents standing under the banner of New Vision says they could win seats if the anger expressed by people on doorsteps translates into votes.
    Eamon Blaney, spokesman for the group, said 19 Independent candidates had so far committed to the alliance, but more could come on board in the coming week.
    New Vision candidates have committed to vote en bloc on four issues: the separation of bank debt and sovereign debt; a viable strategy to create jobs; the overhaul of politics and the public service; and “a better deal” for the country’s natural resources.
    “We are of the collective opinion that without these four fundamental changes to how our country is run and governed, Ireland will become financially, economically and morally bankrupt in the very near future,” Mr Blaney said. Outside these issues supporters, if elected, would be free to pursue whatever policies they felt were in the interests of their constituents.
    Mr Blaney, a son of former Fianna Fáil minister Neil Blaney, is standing in Dublin North East and his brother Macdara is standing in Donegal North East.
    Also in the alliance is Luke “Ming” Flanagan, who is standing in Longford-Roscommon, who has campaigned for many years for the legalisation of cannabis.
    Mr Blaney said he had been in contact with economic commentator David McWilliams about setting up a new political movement and was disappointed Mr McWilliams had not gone ahead with his plans. “Ten days ago, we had no money and no candidates, but now we have 19 and we have an organisation.”
    One of the first challenges for the new organisation will be to distinguish itself from another new political grouping, Fís Nua (“new vision” in Irish). Fís Nua, which is fielding six candidates, registered last week as a political party but this was too late to have its name included on the ballot paper. New Vision’s name will not appear on the ballot paper either because it is a loose alliance rather than a party.
    Fís Nua, which has links to former Green Party members, said yesterday it had been in touch with New Vision and had asked that group to meet with a view to joining forces or changing its name to avoid confusion.
    However, Mr Blaney said last night he had registered the name New Vision and was previously unaware of the existence of the other group. Both groups acknowledge they have a lot in common but Fís Nua claims it has a wider agenda covering social justice, sustainability and an end to corruption.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0210/1224289432131.html

• Advertisement

I came across this a few days ago in the Irish Times and it is very fair how everyone has conducted themselves in the media on this issue.

Major kudos.

Thanks CDfm for this quote from the Irish Times of 10 Feb.

However, unfortunately, I cannot agree that both sides have conducted themselves fairly.

As soon as we heard of the group of independents seeking to refer to itself as 'New Vision', we phoned and emailed Anraí Blaney and Eamonn Blaney with a suggested meeting on 5 February. Anraí promised to inform all their members. No one turned up to the arranged meeting to represent their group. Our members have made repeated other requests for a meeting and comments posted by ourselves, also calling for a meeting, have not been published on their website. No contact with us has been initiated by this group until one of our members received a bully and aggressive phone call from Eamonn Blaney on 11 February. She is still shaken by this exchange.

You should also look at my letter in the Irish Times on 11 Feb where I clarified that, because we are a registered political party with the name 'Fís Nua' (New Vision) the group of independents seeking to refer to itself as 'New Vision' are doing so illegally in relation to this election
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2011/0211/1224289522343.html

I also explained in a previous post that Eamonn Blaney has attempted to mislead people in relation to some claim on the name for this group by using a Business Name Registration, which is registered in his own name as a sole trader, see
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70607866&postcount=29

The 'New Vision' of Fís Nua involves doing politics differently. We held out the hand of friendship to this group, unfortunately to have it bitten off.

I am afraid that just because someone has not been selected by one of the established parties is no indication that you can trust them to behave any differently from corrupt politicians of the past.

Hi Mary

I imagine that the issue concerning a business name and political party name is unfortunate.

It didn't seem that apparent to me when I looked up the registers.

I imagine that the truth is probably a bit more like the election date was called in such a way as to lessen the preperation time for groups such as yourselves.

It is hardly news that the likes of David McWilliams and others jumped ship and the group organised itself in a hurry. So I hardly think it is intentional.

I posted the links to the register of political parties and it is fairly clear that whatever recognition there is does not apply unti after the general election.

I came up with a Galway company that have used Nua Fis since 1998 and I havent seen comment on that. I imagine the owners of that business also are concerned about your choice of name.

It is not a nice situation for either.of you, but I can understand it and how it happened.

I have sympathy for all involved who are doing what the care passionately about with very limited resourses.

CD

It is hardly news that the likes of David McWilliams and others jumped ship and the group organised itself in a hurry. So I hardly think it is intentional.
    CD
    David McWilliams is not a part of this group organised by Eamonn Blaney. He has merely offered to give economic advice to candidates standing as independents.
    I posted the links to the register of political parties and it is fairly clear that whatever recognition there is does not apply unti after the general election.
    CD
    The recognition of us as a political party comes into force on 4 Feb 2011, that is the day we were entered on the register of political parties. However we do not get to appear on ballot papers for the purposes of this election nor were we able to nominate candidates directly. This is just an administrative issue as a cut-off date needs to be specified in the law for the Clerk of the Dáil to inform returning officers.
    I came up with a Galway company that have used Nua Fis since 1998 and I havent seen comment on that. I imagine the owners of that business also are concerned about your choice of name.
    CD
    Intellectual property rights over names are generally protected only in a particular line of business or area. We are a political party. We are only claiming rights over the name in relation to groupings campaigning in elections within the State

It is not a nice situation for either.of you, but I can understand it and how it happened.

I have sympathy for all involved who are doing what the care passionately about with very limited resourses.

CD
    I know that you are trying to be even handed here. But the situation is that we have a legal claim to the name Fís Nua (New Vision) and this other grouping do not. They have not responded to our attempts to get together to compromise or collaborate, in fact they have responded with a bullying attitude and obfuscation. They need to desist from using the name immediately.

On the Official Oireachtas Website it seems far from clear, but it does look like if your application had been granted 3 days earlier you would been in the clear.

View the Register of Political Parties
    [Please note this is the Register in force for the forthcoming General Election to be held on 25th February 2011]
    View the Register of Political Parties 8/2
    [Please note that this latest version of the Register is not the Register in force for the General Election to be held on 25th February 2011]

TBH , I had never heard of your group myself until around 10 days ago and I thought it was a republican grouping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

On the Official Oireachtas Website it seems far from clear, but it does look like if your application had been granted 3 days earlier you would been in the clear.

TBH , I had never heard of your group myself until around 10 days ago and I thought it was a republican grouping.

They haven't really had any presence on Boards (unlike, say, Amhran Nua), but politics.ie has generally tracked their movements for at least the last year or so since their inaugural meeting at the Teacher's Club. Obviously if one is a Green, one is more likely to have noticed them, since elements of their founding membership would have been Greens upset with the actions of the party in coalition.

I have to say I strongly regret that the rather sudden election has caught quite a few new political groupings and movements on the hop. I wish them all the best in the election, but rather more I wish them all the best in continuing after the election whatever their success in this rather too brief window of public attention.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Perhaps Eamonn Blaney could rename his party Ré Nua (New Era).

He will loose a lot of votes if he does not distance himself from Mc Guirk.

Naturally he would want to link himself to a new and energetic party Like Fis Nua. with a proper manifesto and real proposals on job creation etc etc. I had to laugh when the lady was telling about an area in Spain that had adopted Local Agenda 21 with very little unemployment etc, etc . Mc Guirk attacked her. Her mouth just opened and she was speechless.

http://fisnua.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

He will loose a lot of votes if he does not distance himself from Mc Guirk.

Naturally he would want to link himself to a new and energetic party Like Fis Nua. with a proper manifesto and real proposals on job creation etc etc. I had to laugh when the lady was telling about an area in Spain that had adopted Local Agenda 21 with very little unemployment etc, etc . Mc Guirk attacked her. Her mouth just opened and she was speechless.

http://fisnua.com

Well he didn't let her finish and then he went on talking about carbon tax? and the what innovations had come from that area of Spain. Any innovation from Ireland? I assume we are talking about Katheleen Lynch on VB Tonight.

Well I heard Eamonn on Newstalk tonight and he held his own around some very simple economic policies.

He did some maths.

He made a very good point that Angela Merkel will be facing her own electorate a/k/a the bondholders.

He also said that the unions do not represent the unemployed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭AvaKinder

Mr. Blaney finally responded to one of my emails :
    Dear ,

I am running for election because we are in the midst of a National Emergency. Your questions are related to matters of conscience.

Where do you stand on the issue of priests not being charged with rape?

I don't believe that any religion has a monopoly on God and the State shouldn't either.

Eamonn

Sent on the 'Hoof' :-).

Ph +353 (0)872-106-400
    www.CringeFactor.com
    www.eamonnblaney.com
    Skype eamonnablaney

On 18 Feb 2011, at 15:08,

> From:
    > Subject:
    >
    > Message Body:
    > I have attempted to contact you twice already to recieve answer to my questions.
    >
    > My household has three members, all registered to vote. If we don't recieve an answer from you when you are attempting to be elected how can we expect adequete representation once you're in office?
    >
    > Please answer the following questions so we can make an informed decision at the polls.
    >
    > Can you please clarify your position on the introduction of civil marriage (not civil partnership) and adoption rights for gay couples and non biological same sex partners? Will you support the abolition of section 37?
    >
    > Also, will you make it a priority to push any Government for legislation regarding the X Case ruling?
    >
    > I would also be interested in hearing your position on the possible re-introduction of fees for 3rd level in Ireland, the provision of secular primary education for students and the new minimum wage.
    >

Not particularly helpful IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement