Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Buying Patio Doors

Options
  • 06-02-2011 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

We've just bought a house that needs quite a bit of work done to it and we need to buy a sliding door made from uPVC or alluminium!! We'd like it to look like the attached photo I found.

Can anyone advise on which type of window is best (we don't want wood though as durable and low maintenance suits us)!? and if it makes a difference it will be west facing.

Also what is the general thinking of double glaze v's trpile glazing from a BER and sound proof point of view...is is worth the extra money to go triple?

Also where might we get the best possbile deal on a cream coloured sliding door?

Does anyone know how much it might cost to make the hole in the wall and fit the doors?

All advice greatly appreciated as I don't have a clue!! :confused:
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm afraid the Help Desk is only for posters experiencing problems with the site or for querying moderator decisions. Other posters can't reply to you here. However if you post over on the DIY forum someone there may be able to help you.

Advertisement