Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Take-Away!

Options
  • 06-02-2011 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone know if it's possible to get take away delivered to hotels in Galway? Gonna be staying in Galway over the Valentines weekend and would like to get a take away delivered - also any recommendation for Nice Takeaway in Galway - not Indian or Chinese though! Thanks :D:):D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

I don't think it would be a problem but I'd imagine it would be delivered to the reception and not the room. I don't eat too many takeaways but I heard charcoal grill is supposed to be ok. Whats for dinner deliver for a range of takeaways for a fee check out http://www.whatsfordinner.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Keep in mind you wont have a microwave to re-heat it if its cold on delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I'd imagine they would but you might check if the hotel would have any problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ask when you check in. Or ring the hotel now and ask? It can vary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

ya www.whatsfordinner will deliver directly to your room and has a variety of menus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

I heard charcoal grill is supposed to be ok./[/url]

Huh, anyone who mention them being good is drunk or being sarcastic/trolling.... they're a dirty cancer of the food industry popping up where decent eateries have closed, and thriving on the pocket shrapnel of those too drunk to care what's they're eating.

The best takeaway might be some of the Indians (Like Kashmir), maybe DaTang noodle house (those guys used to get Bridgestone awards), even some of the nicer things from LaSalsa if you're into that sort of thing. Oh! Boogaloo Burger is to die for...

One question though.... takeaway? On valentines? I can understand that you might be going at it like the proverbial and might need your energy but wouldn't you prefer something candlelit and not foil wrapped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

where will you be staying in Galway - if its in town you may be better just going out and bringing the takeaway back to the hotel yourself.

As for the charcoal grill - don't go there but do go to Kebab Hut right on O Briens Bridge - very good kebabs there and lovely fresh salads and veg.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

tryed that kebab hut, thought it was rotten, meat was pure cheap, salad wasnt great either.

Capital Kebab is Quiet good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

www.whatsfordinner is a total rip of,they charge way over the odds on prices

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mybabydoll

I have worked in quiet a few hotels in galway city. its fine to get takeaway to the hotel providing you eat it in your room, most places will give you the knives, forks, & plates just ask at reception its never a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 HouseGalway

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! Much appreciated :)
    One question though.... takeaway? On valentines? I can understand that you might be going at it like the proverbial and might need your energy but wouldn't you prefer something candlelit and not foil wrapped?

Ummm no...staying with my niece for a birthday surprise - she's never stayed in a hotel and never had takeaway so I'm surprising the little one with both :) Only eight and has spent most of her young life in hospital! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NikkiB

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    www.whatsfordinner is a total rip of,they charge way over the odds on prices
    Whats for dinner don't charge over the odds at all. They are very reasonable and they are friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

I got four star pizza delivered to a b&b i was babysitting in, i presume they'd deliver to a hotel.

Advertisement