Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Cover Design ?

• 06-02-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys, I am designing a DVD Cover and I know there is plenty that you can do in photoshop that can help you with your design, is there any websites out there that you would recommend where you can design or get your DVD Cover printed ? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Why not use a template and print yourself? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Thanks for the link. However I have no printer myself, but where can I print the DVD Disc Template + also ensure the ring in the disc is cut out ?
    Lastly when you receive the disc template you ordered, do you super clue the template on to your DVD disc ? Any answers much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

You can buy sheets of CD/DVD labels where you print the sheet then peel off the label. You then use a little stamper:

To print the label.

Voila, as the guy says.

The self adhesive disc labels are sh!te in my opinion. It would be better to use blank printable discs with a suitable printer attachment (many consumer printers can print to dvd/cd disc's).

Might be worth downloading these fonts too.. http://www.discmakers.com/templates/logofonts.asp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

you should never put labels on discs, if they are not centred they will make the disc spin not balanced and can cause playback problems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

stcstc wrote: »
    you should never put labels on discs, if they are not centred they will make the disc spin not balanced and can cause playback problems

+1

...and sometimes for no other apparent reason than for their own amusement, they peel off and get mangled in your disc drive and cause you a trip to mr fixer man.... :(

stcstc wrote: »

Or,worst case scenario, the disc with vibrate so much that it'll shatter inside the drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Nforce wrote: »
    Or,worst case scenario, the disc with vibrate so much that it'll shatter inside the drive.

:D

I produce hundreds of CDs with labels every year, I've never had an exploder. How far off centre do these labels need to be?

JustinOval wrote: »
    :D

I produce hundreds of CDs with labels every year, I've never had an exploder. How far off centre do these labels need to be?

I've seen a few drives that were borked by exploding discs...though this was probably down to the poor quality discs that were being used.
    If the labels are applied correctly, they'll probably be okay...but I'd personally prefer to print directly to the disc itself (looks better,imho). Another option is to etch the discs with Lightscribe...though I've never tried this even though several of my drives are Lightscribe enabled.

Advertisement