Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Moore dead RIP 1952-2011

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twat

great guitarist, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭dasdog

Cole wrote: »

A rare bit of humiltiy from Metallica. Bootleg sites have been alive with downloads of Lizzy/Moore all week which says it all.

There were two collaboration songs in Elvis stage from that album:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well I guess death really was just a heartbeat away

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Well I guess death really was just a heartbeat away

Too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

BostonB wrote: »
    One of the Greatest Guitarists ever for me.

Masterful performance! Thanks for sharing that!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I couldn't believe it when I heard that Gary Moore had died, I was very upset and depressed for the rest of the day. Is there enybody else who really loved Gary Moore's songs/albums here? I was never really a fan of his blues stuff, but I always loved 'Parisienne Walkways, Still in Love With You and Still Got The Blues. I'm much more a fan of his more hard rockin stuff, which quite sounds like Thin Lizzy at times, but I don't think thats a bad thing. Some of my absolute favourite songs are 'Over The Hills And Far Away, Empty Rooms, Out in The fields, Thunder Rising, After The War, Military Man, The Loner, Friday on My Mind, End of the World, Don't Take Me for a Loser, Hold on to Love, Take a Little Time, Crying in the Shadows, Dunluce Pt. 1 and 2, Speak for Yourself, Livin' on Dreams, The Messiah Will Come Again, Blood of Emeralds and lots more. Anyone else a fan, and what are your favourite songs/albums?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Hey everyone, so if any of you remember me talking about running a Gary Moore tribute night before, it's finally come to fruition.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=109576032456102

April 18th in Whelans, Dublin, only €10 in to see a full night of Gary Moore music featuring Eric Bell, The Business Blues Band, Swampsnake and a variety of other very special guests.

More special guest acts will be announced soon, it's gonna be a really great night!

Paul Morrin

Advertisement