Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate Cake

Options
  • 06-02-2011 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am looking for a recipe for a chocolate biscuit cake.

I don't want a cake that's like this cake. I am looking for something that is like this, but in chocolate, not cheesecake.

I've looked and looked and cannot find any recipes for it, I can't even find pictures describing exactly (or near enough) to the type of cake/mixture I'm talking about.

Can anyone suggest/post a recipe for what it is I'm talking please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

So, are you looking for a chocolate cheesecake recipe with a biscuit base, or like a mississippi mudpie or something with a biscuit base? The first pic you have is what all chocolate biscuit cakes look like, chocolate and butter (and some other things) melted with broken (not crushed) biscuits mixed through it, the second is just of a biscuit base used for cheesecakes yes? Just trying to clarify what it is you're looking for.

I have seen recipes for chocolate cakes with biscuit bases, but that wouldn't be counted as a chocolate biscuit cake, maybe try googling chocolate cake with biscuit base, for cakes like this?:
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2754/4195027137_14f3f3c28e.jpg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz_urGyPvYZISOT28TmDXZfKMRMjF5HQD2klEjy9l4x823gR05ug&t=1

http://www.best-chocolate-recipes-online.com/mississippi-mud-pie-recipe.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I guess what I am looking for is something like the base in this picture, but thicker and all chocolate as it would be a chocolate cake rather than a base (am I making sense? lol)

cheesecake-raspberry-chocolate-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I don't have a recipe but I think I get what you're saying.

You want a chocolate biscuit cake, but you don't want the biscuit in chunks - you want something similar to the base of cheesecakes but as a cake in it's own right -- am I correct in thinking that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

If what your looking for is a base similar to the cheesecake pic, why not crush biscuits and use chocolate to bind rather than butter, or use chocolate biscuits. Or maybe follow a recipe for chocolate biscuit cake and leave out the biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Might be easier just to eat some chocolate digestives

• Advertisement

If that's what you're looking for it'll probably be more traybake recipes you're looking for, or flapjack type things, because it isn't really a cake, just crushed biscuits mixed with chocolate...

Edit: Have you had what you're looking for in a cafe or something before? If so might be best to ask them if you can have the recipe or something like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

star-pants wrote: »
    I don't have a recipe but I think I get what you're saying.

You want a chocolate biscuit cake, but you don't want the biscuit in chunks - you want something similar to the base of cheesecakes but as a cake in it's own right -- am I correct in thinking that?
    That's it exactly. Thank you!!!:D

Would I just crush some biscuits, mix them with melted chocolate and then put it in a baking tray and set? or would I have to put it into the oven?

Does anyone know of a recipe I could follow please?

Thanks for all the help/suggestions everyone.

No there'd be no need to put it in oven, you'd just follow the same steps for a choc biscuit cake but use crushed biscuits instead. It'll be tough enough to cut it if it's pure chocolate with no butter or syrup in it.

Spadina wrote: »
    No there'd be no need to put it in oven, you'd just follow the same steps for a choc biscuit cake but use crushed biscuits instead. It'll be tough enough to cut it if it's pure chocolate with no butter or syrup in it.

If they were to use the same recipe as the chocolate biscuit cake (Except with crushed biscuits) it'd cut easy enough would it?
    Or an idea (whether using the butter&golden syrup or not) would be to make very small individual ones, cookie size or something?

Yeah same recipe as choc biscuit cake would cut easily, I use butter and golden syrup in mine to make it easy to cut, others use condensed milk etc. I use a variation of the odlums recipe and it's so easy to cut that I use it all the time for novelty cakes, very easy to shape.

• Advertisement

Groovy :) Hopefully the OP can use that type of recipe to make what they're looking for.

Advertisement