Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Luftwaffe 1939?

• 06-02-2011 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

hi
    I was just wondering does anyone know how big the german airforce was in 1939?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

hi
    I was just wondering does anyone know how big the german airforce was in 1939?
    The Luftwaffe's strength at this time stood at 373,000 personnel (208,000 parachute troops, 107,000 in the Flak Corps and 58,000 in the Signals Corps). Aircraft strength was 4,201 operational aircraft; 1,191 bombers, 361 dive bombers, 788 fighters, 431 heavy fighters, and 488 transports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Luftwaffe_%281933%E2%80%931945%29

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Parachute Troops were considered LuftWaffe??????

and Flak Guns???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

I don't know if that is an ironic comment, so my apology if i took it the wrong way...

Paratroopers -Fallschirmjäger- were Luftwaffe personnel, as were anti aircraft -FlaK- units, as were some field divisions -the most famous is probably 'Herman Goering'- surprisingly ;)

What I don't undersatnd from the Wiki numbers is, who flown and maintain the aircraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 zoolander006

thanks!:)

Advertisement