Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Remote and Syncing not working

Options
  • 06-02-2011 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Hi, on my old router I had no problem syncing Things on my Mac and Things on my iPod and I had no problem using the Apple Remote with iTunes on my computer. But now with the Zyxel Router that Eircom supplied me it is not working. I read that I might need to change some of the default settings but when I looked into changing them I cant seem to find the setting that I am meant to change.

This is what is said on the Things website:
    Some users were able to fix the sync issues by checking their router settings. One user reported: "Well here it worked to pair again Things Touch 1.0.3 and Things Touch 1.3.3. The problem was the WLAN. Using a Zyxel Router we had to *disable* the standard setting under WLAN: Block network traffic between WLAN and WAN."

Can someone please help me.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi, on my old router I had no problem syncing Things on my Mac and Things on my iPod and I had no problem using the Apple Remote with iTunes on my computer. But now with the Zyxel Router that Eircom supplied me it is not working. I read that I might need to change some of the default settings but when I looked into changing them I cant seem to find the setting that I am meant to change.

This is what is said on the Things website:

Can someone please help me.
    Thanks,
    Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your query and contacting eircom on boards.

To answer specific questions about third party equipment (like Apple Ipod) you may need to contact the vendor of the particular software /hardware.
    As far as all eircom modems go, they are set up specifically for eircom settings. Generally lowering the firewall on the router will allow access through your LAN devices and ports.

If you have inadvertently changed any settings on the Zyxel modem, simply resetting the router will set it back to it's original eircom default factory settings.

To hard-reset the Zyxel Modem : Keep power on router, push a pin into the reset hole at back of the modem (beside power lead hole). Hold the pin for 10 seconds and then RELEASE the pin. The power light may go red for a few moments and lights may flash.

After about 3 - 4 minutes the power light should go steady green. The Wifi & Ethernet (LAN) and Internet lights may flash green when traffic is passing through the modem. The DSL light should go solid green.

If you then wish to lower the firewall on the router : Simply log on to the router through your Internet browser : i.e : replace the address bar with the IP address 192.168.1.254. If asked for a password, type 'broadband1'.
    Go to Security on the side Menu, and then Firewall : Select low (to lower firewall) and then click on apply.

If you want to look at how to do this on a similar Netopia modem, please view the following eircom video tutorial :
    www.eircom.net/tutorials - 'Games Console Setup'

You may also wish to look at the following website, which may help improve your wireless setup
    http://bit.ly/elyeR1 - 'Improve your Wireless Security'

I hope this will help. If you need to contact Apple or ipod retailer, I have added their contact number below : Apple - 1850 946 191 (local)

Please let me know if I can help you further.
    If you need to contact eircom Broadband Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall).

Kind regards
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

of the top of my head the setting you are looking for is in the security section under firewall
    set the firewall to custom and you get options for lan -> wan, wlan -> wan ect.

would be intrested to know if you get it working as the zyxel modem seems to have problems with apple devices

Advertisement