Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My guinea pig had babies :)

• 06-02-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

My guinea pig Sukie had piglets on Tuesday :D Thought I'd share some photos for anyone who's interested in seeing them!

They are so cute. Unfortunately the white one passed away after a couple of days. :( It could have been a bit weaker than the others, or had something wrong with it, and white guinea pigs can have problems :(

The other two are doing great though. They're getting so big and are lovely and friendly. :) I called them Nico and Lou, and I THINK one is a boy and one's a girl, but it's really hard to tell!

I'll most likely be selling both of them, unless there's any reason I have to keep them, but at least I get to look after them for two months, which'll be lovely. :)

Please excuse the poo in the first few pics, I had just moved the hidey house that they were in, and they always poo in their house :rolleyes: I gave them fresh bedding in the house afterwards :)

photo009-1.jpg

photo010-2.jpg

The little white one, I so loved that one.
    photo015-1.jpg

photo029-1.jpg

photo026.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Awww they are sooooooo cute! Well done to you and mum. you have two months of cuteness overload ahead of ya :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Aw, they're lovely! So cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

The babies are 3 weeks old now, here are photos of them. They're both male so had to separated from their mom today but get to live with their big brother who loves them, until they go to new homes. :) They're so friendly, the friendliest guinea pigs I've ever met, it's lovely. :)
    photo011-2.jpg

photo010-3.jpg
    photo021-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sorry to hear about the little white one, it's fairly common but more sad when the baby has been around for a few days.
    Are you 100% sure they are both boys mistakes can sometimes be made when they are young but if they get on great then finding a home for them as a pair is great for them so they'll have the company of each other.
    As long as there is no female in sniffing distance so when the boys are around 5 weeks old I'd make sure they aren't near their mum because the smell of a female in heat can make males turn on each other even ones that get on well.

Was the piggy pregnancy a planned one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

Yep I'm 100% sure they're boys.

The pregnancy wasn't planned, but I did plan to breed the mum this spring. But my guinea pigs had other ideas and the boys broke into the girls' cage! :rolleyes: :D It was a happy accident though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

They're lovely! They're growing up to be really handsome :)

Advertisement